Week 11. New York Jets @ New England Patriots. Game day thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 17.11.2009, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Post Week 11. New York Jets @ New England Patriots. Game day thread.

Hi folks here is the thread for this one.

Mark
Old 17.11.2009, 12:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Well I think the pats are going to be mad after the Colts game, so someone is going to pay?
Old 17.11.2009, 12:57 PM
GOAT

I dont think they will be mad. . more downtrodden and disbelieving that they cold have lost it. . but Manning IS THE ELITE QB of the NFL right now. .although Brady is coming back to his form of previous years particularly that of '07!

The Patriots should win this one but we see Brady to Moss AGAIN and how dangerous that can be. . The Jets HAVE to shut Moss down and pressure Brady. . tall order with the Jets in freefall right now (nothing new there). .I think the Patriots take this one comfortably by 18 points.
Unless Revis 'Christ' has a good day handling Moss, but the Patriots have just too many other weapons in Welker, Watson, Faulk, etc. .
Old 17.11.2009, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

They'd be even madder if they got swept by the Jets! Much as I'd love to see it happen, our recent form isn't exactly filling me with optimism. IIRC Welker missed the first game against us and New England having him back now will cause us a lot more problems. Also, our Defense isn't playing at anything like the level it was at the time of the first game. Back then we put pressure on Brady all game long, even on the last drive where we would have usually gone Prevent and lost it.

I can guarantee that, if we're somehow in the same situation this Sunday, we'll go back to rushing the front three and dropping everyone else back, allowing Brady to pick us apart. Not that I see it being that close, losing Jenkins and Washington has hit us pretty hard and we're making too many mistakes (on both sides of the ball).

If (and it's a very big if) Sanchez can get through the game without turning it over and Jones and Greene combine for 175-200 yards rushing, we might have a shot. Even then we'll need our secondary to play a LOT better than it did last week as Revis, great though he is, can only cover one guy. We especially need Rhodes to pull his head out of his backside and start making some plays for once.

New England will be p**sed, undoubtedly and it could be a very long night for us. Sweeping the Patriots would go a long way to making up for our recent slump but I expect a pretty heavy defeat.
Old 17.11.2009, 03:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
I dont think they will be mad. . more downtrodden and disbelieving that they cold have lost it..

No, mad, mad at themselves for not getting the job done and mad at the refs for messing it up, they are quite good at turning things like this into motivation, just look at 2007.

If Ryan or any of his players say anything this week about the Colts game, they will use it against them.
Old 17.11.2009, 03:20 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
No, mad, mad at themselves for not getting the job done and mad at the refs for messing it up, they are quite good at turning things like this into motivation, just look at 2007.

If Ryan or any of his players say anything this week about the Colts game, they will use it against them.
Oooooohhhh I see so it was the refs fault then well i never would have seen that excuse coming. .
Old 17.11.2009, 04:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
Oooooohhhh I see so it was the refs fault then well i never would have seen that excuse coming. .

Well, as most commentators don't see it as PI, and most commentators think the spot was harsh, you call it as you see it.
Old 17.11.2009, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Looked like P.I to me, the defender ran into Collie from behind. Yes, I know I'm a Jets fan and biased but I would have been seriously p**sed off if that was us and it didn't get called (regardless of the opposition). I can't really comment on the fourth down as it's virtually impossible to tell exactly where Faulk was when he had possession of the ball. I find it very unlikely that there would have been enough evidence to overturn it if the Patriots had been able to challenge though.
Old 17.11.2009, 04:54 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post

Yeah could be a bad time for the jets to come to foxborough after sunday. Cant really see the jets keeping up with our offence and the points there scoring.
Im sure they will try blitz Brady every chance they get.
Old 17.11.2009, 06:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Patriots 48 - 17 Jets

Boom.