Wildcard Weekend. Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots. Game thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.01.2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Post Wildcard Weekend. Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots. Game thread.

Hi folks here is the thread.

Mark
Old 05.01.2010, 11:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Could be like the last meeting, the team with the ball last will lose, as they will be chasing a score in the last 90 seconds.
Old 05.01.2010, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Could be like the last meeting, the team with the ball last will lose, as they will be chasing a score in the last 90 seconds.
I was at the last meeting. It was great. How exactly we won that game i'm still trying to figure out. 2 awful drops right at the end by the ravens.

Hopefully we can get the same result this time around, only i hope its a bit easier on the heart.
Old 05.01.2010, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Be interesting to see how the Patriots cope without Welker in this one. He played in the regular season game between the two sides and, although he didn't have many yards, he did have 6 catches and was always available underneath.

The Patriots will need Edelman to step into that role this week. Admittedly he's done a pretty good job of that this season during Welker's absence but this will be the biggest game of his career (so far) and it will be interesting to see how he handles that.

Baltimore showed in that first game that they can move the ball on this Patriots D and, if they were at home, I'd tip them to win this but I think New England will just have too much for them in front of their own fans.
Old 05.01.2010, 01:18 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

We're going to have to play the best game we've played all season to even have a sniff of victory. The run game needs to be productive, we cannot turn the ball over, that is a must, and the defense needs to play like it did in the three games previous to Sunday, and even for half of Sunday's game.

BB, TB - you've got to earn your money this week.
Old 05.01.2010, 01:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Going to be a Pats and Jets fan this weekend
Old 05.01.2010, 01:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Defensive scheming VS the pass (ie more pressure, disguised coverages for the inexperienced Flacco) and all-out stuffing the run MUST happen for us to have a shot.

On offence, we have to have all 4 HB's run hard and well, to give us short 3rd and 2nd downs. Edelman will be MVP of the game if we win, and that is a fact. Expect Ben Watson to play a bigger role in catching, and don't be shocked to see Faulk in there more receiving (not just on 3rd down either). These guys were the one wildcard team I did not want to face, because Baltimore and San Diego are who I fear most in the AFC side of things...and if we somehow win this, we get the other. Not happy...

Heart: 31-27 Patriots
Head: 17-14 Ravens
Old 05.01.2010, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

I think it is this time of year when Belichick comes into his own. He tries to take away the oppositions best weapon and I would expect a heavy focus on coovering Ray Rice in all facets of the game, especially the pass. If they can force the Ravens to go downfield it could be an interesting encounter.

If I had to choose I would go for the Pats in a very close game.
Old 05.01.2010, 08:59 PM
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what to think about this game. It goes without saying that Welker is a big loss but I think we actually have a decent shot at a win here. The pats are not as bad against the run as the stats suggest and our real weakness has been giving up medium and long plays against the pass but the Ravens aren't a big deep ball threat.
If Brady can stay upright (ok, it's a big if against the Ravens) and we can keep Rice relatively in check then I think we can get through to San Diego. However, if Brady starts getting hit, with his supposed rib injury and no Welker, it could be a long night.
I'd expect us to use a lot of screens initially to try and keep the pass rush honest. Still, it'll all be for nothing when we get through because I can't see us beating SD in a million years right now.
Old 06.01.2010, 06:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Ravens/Pats is for some reason, one of my favorite matchups in the NFL.

I really can't even explain why but they are usually good games.