Randy Moss. Best Player currently in the NFL? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

View Poll Results: Is Randy:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05.06.2005, 10:00 PM
All Pro

Default Randy Moss. Best Player currently in the NFL?

So, the Viking fans (Namely Monie and LSU) seem to be of the opinion that Randy Moss is the best player in NFL. I respect their opinion, but I disagree, on current form, I find it pretty hard to see past Peyton Manning. But nevermind them or me, what do you think?
Old 05.06.2005, 10:10 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to PaddyRamsey
Default Re:Randy Moss. Best Player currently in the NFL?

Depends how you define "best player" in the NFL since it's difficult to compare two players at different positions. If you mean in terms of raw ability and talent, I would say Moss. Whether he does play the best football in the league is another question, personally I'd say no.
Old 05.06.2005, 10:11 PM
All Pro

Peyton Manning's arguably not even the best QB ib the league, let alone best player full stop. Its a tough question cos you're talking about evaluating completely different positions - how do you decide who's better, the top LB or the top OG?

I suppose the easiest way is to look at dominance - who can dominate like no other. Randy Moss can dominate like no other player in the league, and like few players ever have been able to do.

Aside from earning something of a rep as a choker, Manning can be confused, he can be slowed down, and he can be stopped. Randy Moss is so dominant he cannot be stopped without leaving a huge hole for another area of the offence to run riot. He either dominates you personally, or he dominates your team so badly that he draws more cover than you can afford.

The only other players in the game that can really dominate like that are LT, because he's a threat everywhere, Ray Lewis when he's on form, and Julius Peppers/Kris Jenkins, can get to a point where they're unstoppable.
Old 05.06.2005, 11:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Moss is the best athlete playing WR in the NFL, but he is far from unstoppable. His attitude and work ethic also leave a lot to be desired.

If I could build an NFL team around 1 player, it certainly wouldn't be Randy Moss. He wouldn't even by my #1 choice at WR.
Old 06.06.2005, 07:48 AM
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to barters Send a message via MSN to barters

I would say John Ogden dominates as much as Moss within his postion, but it is harder to make plays for your team if you are playing Tackle then if your in a skill position. But urely the position shouldn't define that Moss is a better player?
Old 06.06.2005, 08:17 AM
All Pro

[quote author=ukfalc link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=0#msg238680 date=1118015305]

If I could build an NFL team around 1 player, it certainly wouldn't be Randy Moss. He wouldn't even by my #1 choice at WR.

[/quote]Who pray tell would you have in favour of him..?

The only reciever close to his level is TO - who's twice the asshole Moss could ever be.

Moss can only be stopped by Moss, injury, or overloading a defence to deal with him. If a defence shuts down Moss, they leave the offence's other weapons undefended so he hurts you veen when he's shut down. No other player can boast that kind of dominance.

Ogden fell in my book from dominant levels when i saw the match vs the Colts - he was made look a chump by Freeney. Freeney would be right up there if he was any good against the run, but he can be as close to unstoppable as a pass rusher as i've seen in a long time.
Old 06.06.2005, 08:24 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Monie link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=0#msg238717 date=1118045852]
Ogden fell in my book from dominant levels when i saw the match vs the Colts - he was made look a chump by Freeney. Freeney would be right up there if he was any good against the run, but he can be as close to unstoppable as a pass rusher as i've seen in a long time.
[/quote]

Yeah, he got owned in that game, but everyone has an off day. Even Moss [who I completely agree btw is the most dominant player in the league] has off days, I'm think it was Clements that outplayed him one game last year? I could be wrong.
Old 06.06.2005, 08:44 AM
All Pro

Everyone has off days, but he wasn't just rusty or off, he was being beaten for speed and power - Ogden just couldn't stop that inside spin move, and i dont think he could even on his best days, Freeney is too fast, powerful and low down leverage against a guy of Ogden's size - i hope to god we never play the Colts otherwise Culpepper better get used to running right pretty quickly.
Old 06.06.2005, 09:01 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Monie link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=0#msg238737 date=1118047491]
Everyone has off days, but he wasn't just rusty or off, he was being beaten for speed and power - Ogden just couldn't stop that inside spin move, and i dont think he could even on his best days, Freeney is too fast, powerful and low down leverage against a guy of Ogden's size - i hope to god we never play the Colts otherwise Culpepper better get used to running right pretty quickly.
[/quote]

Lol, fair enough, Freeney is the best pure pass rusher I have seen, impossible to contain. He really needs to learn how to tackle runners though!
Old 06.06.2005, 10:04 AM
Starter

I'd say not the best player. Randy is DEFO one of the best WRs (TO and him must be equal top for now) but not convinced he is the best Football player in the NFL...