BBC or Sky - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.01.2011, 03:56 PM
Hollywood_87's Avatar
Hollywood_87 Hollywood_87 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 19.05.2009
Posts: 458
Default BBC or Sky

Simple really. The annual terrestrial/satellite Superbowl channel question.

Obvious answer for me BBC as I don't have SKY
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.01.2011, 04:01 PM
johnst1981's Avatar
johnst1981 johnst1981 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.01.2009
Posts: 2,436
Default

Depends which one broadcasts it in HD and who the guests are.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.01.2011, 04:04 PM
N.J.S's Avatar
N.J.S N.J.S is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 02.07.2010
Posts: 400
Default

BBC, because

a) I don't have Sky

b) If I did have Sky, I'd still rather watch the BBC

c) Because I think I should contribute to the viewing figures of the NFL on the BBC to make them think one day they should broadcast more NFL highlights/live games/international series.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.01.2011, 04:32 PM
Dolphin_Akie's Avatar
Dolphin_Akie Dolphin_Akie is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 03.12.2010
Posts: 14,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.J.S View Post
BBC, because

a) I don't have Sky

b) If I did have Sky, I'd still rather watch the BBC

c) Because I think I should contribute to the viewing figures of the NFL on the BBC to make them think one day they should broadcast more NFL highlights/live games/international series.
Good idea with C!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.01.2011, 04:35 PM
somebody somebody is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 19.08.2010
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnst1981 View Post
Depends which one broadcasts it in HD and who the guests are.
Sky will definitely have the game in HD. Matt Roberts has stated on both BBC playoff highlight shows so far that they will also have it in HD, although this has not been indicated in publicity or listings so far.

Both will be taking a Fox feed for game coverage with Buck and Aikman commentating.

The BBC coverage will be presented on-site with Jake Humphrey joined by Mike Carlson and Osi Umenyiora.

Sky will have Kevin Cadle in the studio in London with Jay Schroeder and Cecil Martin, while in Cowboys Stadium Nick will be joined by Jeff Reinebold and Shaun Gayle.

Last edited by somebody; 24.01.2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: To list Sky's team
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.01.2011, 04:41 PM
mde203's Avatar
mde203 mde203 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 6,057
Default

Sadly it will be the BBC, as I don't have Sky. If I was watching on my own I'd probably stream the American broadcast, as Jake Humphrey knows jack all about the sport.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24.01.2011, 05:01 PM
johnst1981's Avatar
johnst1981 johnst1981 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.01.2009
Posts: 2,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
Sky will definitely have the game in HD. Matt Roberts has stated on both BBC playoff highlight shows so far that they will also have it in HD, although this has not been indicated in publicity or listings so far.

Both will be taking a Fox feed for game coverage with Buck and Aikman commentating.

The BBC coverage will be presented on-site with Jake Humphrey joined by Mike Carlson and Osi Umenyiora.

Have not seen any details for Sky team, but they have already said on the shows that as usual Kevin will be anchoring from the studio with Nick at the stadium. I think last night they said Jay Schroeder will also be in the studio while Shaun Gayle might join Nick at the stadium. It sounds like they will be using some of their usual guest analysts though.
Thanks, if the Beeb is in HD I'll watch that. Like the sound of Osi as a guest, like the current player idea as an analyst and I don't remember Carlson cracking too many silly jokes last year.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24.01.2011, 07:24 PM
somebody somebody is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 19.08.2010
Posts: 385
Default

Just to confirm, Sky's team will be Jay Schroeder and Cecil Martin alongside Kevin in the studio, while Nick will be at Cowboys Stadium Nick with Jeff Reinebold and Shaun Gayle.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24.01.2011, 07:30 PM
argentarius's Avatar
argentarius argentarius is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 27.10.2010
Posts: 259
Default

BBC, no ads. Also, they usually have a good guest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24.01.2011, 08:18 PM
Jonny73's Avatar
Jonny73 Jonny73 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.11.2008
Posts: 1,014
Default

BBC so I don't have to listen to Nick going on and on and on about the Steelers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:53 PM.