The Price Of Larry... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Old 28.01.2011, 06:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Default The Price Of Larry...

Whilst Arizona have not tried to shop him, it is speculated that 'for the right price', he'd be available. A top 3 WR of his age, I'd have to think would garner at least a 1st and 3rd round pick, if not more. Brandon Marshall went for two 2nd round picks, remember? So I think the real asking price is closer to a 1 and a 2...maybe a late rounder too. What do you reckon?

Frankly, the thought of Larry with Brady scares me - in a good way - because our offence would be unstoppable. By having Larry double-covered, one of our TE's is going to run riot, and the opposing team can't stick their best CB on Welker every down. Arizona have a lot of needs, so picks would be useful for them - especially if they could, say, trade into next year and hope for a shot at Luck, whilst using a FA QB this season.

So I wanna know what y'all would offer - if anything - for number 11 (sorry Edelman )...Here's my offer to Arizona:

Assuming we can't get a deal done with Mankins, we franchise him and trade him, plus Meriweather, plus pick #28, for Larry Fitzgerald.

Hear me out. Arizona struggled in pass coverage - and Meriweather is a young ballhawking safety. Where he falls down is in run support, and his questionable tackling angles...but he's a two time pro bowler, and that could garner interest. This leaves a hole at safety next to Chung, and I say we go after Champ Bailey, who has said he'd be open to moving to safety at the age of 33, acknowledging his declining speed. That means he could also be our nickel CB, rather than Chung, leaving Chung in a more traditional safety role. I really don't think we'll pony up the kind of dollar that Mankins is after, so why not get something for him instead of letting him go free? Arizona's OL needs help, and it could spark their ground game. With pick #28, they could either draft a rookie QB, or trade that into next year with a team who will likely be picking high in the draft (Buffalo, Oakland, Denver, Washington etc), and hope to get Luck(y)!
Old 28.01.2011, 07:00 PM
All Pro

You never know Mankins might want less now
I don't think they would want Merriweather because of what you said. I think he would cost a hell of a lot, and if we give up more picks then we will miss out on pass rushers and someone to replace Mankins.

I think we could cope with a WR corps, look at what we managed this season, possibly might get Ocho/Stallworth and dare i say it Randy.
We will not make the Superbowl untill we sort out a pass rusher.

As much as i would love Fitz i think he would cost too much and set us back defensively.
Old 28.01.2011, 08:03 PM
Hall of Fame

I disagree. With pick 17, we can get Quinn (if we're lucky...might have to trade up!), or Kerrigan to solve the pass rush. There are a few 2nd round prospects who don't look bad either, but those are my 1 and 2 choices.

With pick 33, we get Stefen Wisniewski, who can start at LG immediately, and we take a 3-4DE or Ijalana with the 2nd 2nd round pick, who can play all OL spots, but is likely an interior lineman going forward - perhaps have him play RG behind Connolly, and eventually move to LG, having Wisniewski replace Koppen in his 2nd season, when Koppen goes to FA. This draft is stocked with 3-4 DE's, so I don't think we HAVE to pick one early. a pass rush is a must and pick #17 can give us that.

i'd love Ocho, but I don't think he'd tow the line and would be too much of a diva, perhaps, for Brady's liking.
Old 28.01.2011, 08:17 PM
All Pro

Perhaps this is how BB feels, i just think Fitz would cost alot and it might put BB off.
Old 28.01.2011, 10:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post

i'd love Ocho, but I don't think he'd tow the line and would be too much of a diva, perhaps, for Brady's liking.

But it must be true!!!

http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_...ootball_Jersey
Old 28.01.2011, 10:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Who is Chad Jackson?
Old 28.01.2011, 11:24 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kaizer View Post
Who is Chad Jackson?
Played for us a couple years ago, can't remember much about him tbh.

Back to Fitzgerald, how about a 2nd and 5th this year and trade the first round pick from next year ?
Old 28.01.2011, 11:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kaizer View Post
Who is Chad Jackson?
It's close enough
Old 28.01.2011, 11:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffc94 View Post
Back to Fitzgerald, how about a 2nd and 5th this year and trade the first round pick from next year ?
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Not sure Arizona do though
Old 28.01.2011, 11:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Lol, Chad Jackson was awful. Can't believe we traded up for that guy