Patrick Peterson CB 1 4.55%
Marcel Dareus DT 4 18.18%
OTHER 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26.03.2011, 10:33 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Looks like we are paying a visit to Auburn to work Newton out, and hosting him in Cincinnati as well. Only team to work him out twice I think..... I hope he goes to Buffalo or Carolina!

Old 26.03.2011, 02:44 PM
Team Captain

Ha.Yes it is starting to look a little ominous that Newton is very much in consideration.The only thing that must be a blockage is the prospect for MB of having 2 highly paid QB's on the payroll (if CP9 calls his bluff and turns up for work).
We all know that money dominates MB's thinking -thats why I think he may take Peterson on a rookie wage scale at the expense of paying J-Jo an open market price (see the predictor thread - only 2 participants so far-whats up with you all?).
Really we should draft to upgrade, and I think the two positions that 'need' upgrading are DT and possibly WR (if Chad is gone).
Palmer,however, has disrupted our thinking with his bombshell-I just hope we take QB in round 2, and not 1.
Old 26.03.2011, 02:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalblueboy1 View Post
Ha.Yes it is starting to look a little ominous that Newton is very much in consideration.The only thing that must be a blockage is the prospect for MB of having 2 highly paid QB's on the payroll (if CP9 calls his bluff and turns up for work).
We all know that money dominates MB's thinking -thats why I think he may take Peterson on a rookie wage scale at the expense of paying J-Jo an open market price (see the predictor thread - only 2 participants so far-whats up with you all?).
Really we should draft to upgrade, and I think the two positions that 'need' upgrading are DT and possibly WR (if Chad is gone).
Palmer,however, has disrupted our thinking with his bombshell-I just hope we take QB in round 2, and not 1.
I'd have no problem taking a QB at 4 if this was next year (Luck, Barkley) but not this year. Only Locker is worth considering, and his accuracy issues mean he should not be taken that high.

And with PP7, he'd be on about the same as J-Jo I'd imagine, as a rookie wage scale would not see us paying the 4th pick £1 million a year. J-Jo is proven, Peterson is not, although no doubt he'll be good.

I'll enter the draft game, but nearer the time!
Old 26.03.2011, 03:49 PM
Starter

Am I the only one thats scared Carson Palmer has screwed us over, I cannot forgive him for it and I hope he retires as he has made it very clear of his intentions of leaving. I'm also worried we wont re-sign J-Jo as everyone is saying he is as good as gone..im just hoping there is no free agency this year.

Also by the way, the Bengals probably wont go for A.J Green in the draft if they go WR at number 4, it has been said that many teams are putting Julio Jones above him, I think both are very talented and both could easily be top 10 picks.

Last edited by erenmusXIX; 26.03.2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 26.03.2011, 04:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
Am I the only one thats scared Carson Palmer has screwed us over, I cannot forgive him for it and I hope he retires as he has made it very clear of his intentions of leaving. I'm also worried we wont re-sign J-Jo as everyone is saying he is as good as gone..im just hoping there is no free agency this year.

Also by the way, the Bengals probably wont go for A.J Green in the draft if they go WR at number 4, it has been said that many teams are putting Julio Jones above him, I think both are very talented and both could easily be top 10 picks.
I think we will resign J-Jo, as it is a big priority. We tend to resign most free agents that we want to resign, and we will certainly want to keep him in Cincinnati.

As for Green vs Jones, some teams have Jones higher, but it won't be a large number. Green is clearly the best receiver in this draft, and he doesn't have medical issues like Jones does. Meaning therefore that we pick Jones.... because we're stupid.
Old 26.03.2011, 05:18 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
I'll enter the draft game, but nearer the time!
So you are going to wait- see who we workout and gather intelligence up to the last minute-are you. Should dock points for that !
(makes sense though)
Old 26.03.2011, 05:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post

It annoys me. The Bengals have done everything to try to keep Carson happy and he acts like a spoiled child. Blame Mike Brown for a lot of things but this isn't on him. Warren Sapp says he should be sent to Cleveland because "He deserves it". Harsh maybe but demanding a trade or retiring leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.Letting him retire means we get nothing so I think we should trade him.

I would be surprised if we go for Peterson at 4. He is a good player but we don't need him with Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph. A defensive player is the best option although I would welcome Green particularly if Chad leaves.

On the QB front - Draft Dalton or Mallett (If he is there) in the second round. Grab a free agent QB for them to learn from for a year or two. I like Newton although I am not sure if he will turn out to be great. He strikes me as Vince Young Mark II. If we want that we may as well get Young. As for Gabbert, I am not sold on him at all. Send Carson to Pete Carroll for Hasselbeck and picks. Hasselbeck will be a good tutor for whichever rookie QB we draft. Throwing a rookie in on Day 1 is a recipe for disaster.
Old 26.03.2011, 09:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
So you are going to wait- see who we workout and gather intelligence up to the last minute-are you. Should dock points for that !
(makes sense though)
Partly.... lol. Also to get more info on lower round guys!
Old 02.04.2011, 05:14 PM
Team Captain

Just bumping this thread up so the debate about who we 'should' pick can continue!

For my part,reading the opinions so far, and the negatives associated with a lot of the candidates, I'm convinced we should trade down for an extra pick.There's some top talent not getting discussed as top 6 picks.
Still think PP7 will be in the mix though as it will save MB money by allowing J-Jo to go.
Old 02.04.2011, 09:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Just bumping this thread up so the debate about who we 'should' pick can continue!

For my part,reading the opinions so far, and the negatives associated with a lot of the candidates, I'm convinced we should trade down for an extra pick.There's some top talent not getting discussed as top 6 picks.
Still think PP7 will be in the mix though as it will save MB money by allowing J-Jo to go.
I'd trade down if PP7 was there. Get to 11 and grab an extra second if we can. But we won't do it, and I don't think anyone will want to trade up to 4 anyway.