Best moment as a Pats fan? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Old 23.05.2012, 07:51 PM
All Pro

Default Best moment as a Pats fan?

So, offseason is boring! What's your best moment as a Patriot fan?

I'd have to say it was seeing the Patriots at Wembley in 2009. Having only been a fan since 2004/5 I can't really claim to include the Super Bowls
Old 24.05.2012, 12:26 PM
All Pro

I started being a Patriots fan in the '96 season when we lost to the Redskins. I watched the highlights with my dad who was a Redskins fan and decided to root for the other team haha what can I say? I was 8.

We lost. Then we went to the Super Bowl. I watched the highlights of that with my dad too. We lost.

I kept up with the NFL for a while and then when my dad lost interest so did I, got a season ticket for Bolton Wanderers, and didn't watch any NFL for years. In the summer before I went to uni I started watching videos on NFL.com and caught up with the Pats. Turned out they'd done rather well, winning 3 Super Bowls with this guy Brady! And he'd kicked up a fuss about having no wide receivers so they'd gone and got Randy Moss and a dude called Welker. I watched all the games that year and stayed up with my uni friends, boasting about how the team hadn't lost all year. We made the Super Bowl. We lost.

I'm not saying that to make you all think I'm a jinx or anything but the Pats have made the Super Bowl 7 times, and of the 4 losses I watched 3, of the 3 wins I didn't see any.

Long winded way of saying the best moment for me was beating the Giants to go 16-0. I felt like we were invincible that year, and that I'd picked a great time to start watching the Pats again.

I also really remember the end of the Week 1 game with the Bills in 2009 because of that Brady-to-Watson TD to win 25-24. It was good to have Brady back! Even though I liked Cassel, he was very limited in his abilities, similar to how the offense looks with Hoyer in there.
Old 25.05.2012, 03:39 PM
Rookie

Well i've only been a fan of the Pats and the game itself for about 3 years so i also cannot include the superbowl wins. I would have to say that any of the wins over the Jets (especially 45-3) and Cundiffs missed field goal in January, however the Pats have so far provided nothing but pure entertainment and i expect that to continue this season!!!

Off to the Rams game in October so that will probably make no 1 spot!!!
Old 26.05.2012, 09:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Nov 98, freezing my **** off watching us beat the Fins at old foxboro.

45-3

Couple of dates in Febuary
Old 29.05.2012, 09:43 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
I'm not saying that to make you all think I'm a jinx or anything but the Pats have made the Super Bowl 7 times, and of the 4 losses I watched 3, of the 3 wins I didn't see any.
I seriously thought I was the only one with an 0-3 record in Super Bowls. My three defeats were against the Giants twice and the Bears way back when.

I have a vague memory of Tony Eason leading a last minute TD drive to win 30-28 in Anaheim, in 1986. Needing to stop the clock on the penultimate play he took off, and my heart stopped when he chose to cut inside a defender instead of stepping out of bounds. But he made another 10 yards and still got out of bounds, reducing the final play from a hail Mary to a mere 25-yard pass into a very crowded endzone. Someone (Fryar or Morgan?) caught it, and the Patriots went on to the playoffs again. Maybe my alcohol-fuddled mind has embellished the story over the years.

Of more recent moments, demolishing the Jets 45-3 stands out, as does winning in Buffalo when the goalposts were blowing over, but I think I have to go with the Dan Connolly trundle.
Old 30.05.2012, 07:23 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

Dynasty baby!
Old 02.06.2012, 10:55 AM
All Pro

Probably the the 2010 regular season. First unanimous MVP and showed why Brady realy is the GOAT in my eyes.

I watched the Superbowls, but to be honest cant really remember them well as I was only 9, 11 and 12.
Old 08.06.2012, 04:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
I started being a Patriots fan in the '96 season when we lost to the Redskins. I watched the highlights with my dad who was a Redskins fan and decided to root for the other team haha what can I say? I was 8.
Snap same as me, although my game I was watching was the legendary snow game against the Raiders (old man is a raider fan) I just watched it because of the snow, was amazed cause soccer is never played in the snow. Carried on supporting them since because they where the first team I got behind.
Old 03.07.2012, 08:05 AM
Pro Bowler

been following the patriots since superbowl 1985 when the bears pumpes us, since bradys been at the helm its been a magical tour, ive shift swapped, took holidays and even threw the odd sickie to watch all there games before i could afford gamepass, been to many magical memories of brilliant wins to list them, but seeing brady, welker belichick and moss at wembley still does send a shiver down my spine, priceless, roll on october 28th.
Old 04.09.2012, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Has to be being at the snow game vs. the fish when Bruschi scored the interception