Jets Extend D'Brick - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 09.07.2010, 04:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
There is alwasys a chance that either Mangold,Harris or Revis hit the open market.Revis is looking to be the highest paid defensive player,Mangold will be the highest paid centre and may ask for guard money.These aren't easy contracts situations and it's made worse by the 30% rule.It wouldnt surprise me if we can't re-sign them all.
Of the three I'd let Harris walk. Wouldn't think twice about it.

Revis has to stay IMO, he gives Rex too much freedom defensively. I can see us waiting with him though, he actually has very little leverage seeing as he's locked up for 3 seasons (I believe, may be two) anyways.

Mangold, again - He's been outstanding since day 1. I really worry about him - He's the guy our line is built around, he's the spearhead of our great run blocking.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.07.2010, 06:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Of the three I'd let Harris walk. Wouldn't think twice about it.

Revis has to stay IMO, he gives Rex too much freedom defensively. I can see us waiting with him though, he actually has very little leverage seeing as he's locked up for 3 seasons (I believe, may be two) anyways.

Mangold, again - He's been outstanding since day 1. I really worry about him - He's the guy our line is built around, he's the spearhead of our great run blocking.
I very much agree,Harris is a great player but he'd be easier to replace than Mangold or Revis and we already have a bit of money invested in the linebacking core.I believe Ryan could get good production out whoever we stuck in there.
Old 10.07.2010, 11:25 PM
All Pro

Problem is I suspect Harris would be the cheapest to re-sign.

Revis is talking about crazy money, new benchmark setting kind of money.

Mangold is by far and away the best C in the league, he can afford to take the **** a bit with his contract demands. Both those guys have unique leverage that Harris as simply 'a decent player' doesn't have.

Even if you want to be optimistic about it you're talking about one of the league's better LBs against the two clear best at their positions in the NFL.

Tags
d'brickashaw ferguson , d'bust gets d'paid. , jets , revis wants paying!!