ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 499 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 30.07.2018, 07:54 AM
All Pro

Providing he keeps up his fitness and form, I'd quite like to see Sky give Bernal the leader role for the Vuelta - already has a few notable wins this year (Tour of California, Columbian time trial championships), and has been leader at a few smaller races. 9 summit finishes during the Vuelta this year, would lend itself to someone like Bernal if he's on form...
Sponsored Links
Old 30.07.2018, 01:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Providing he keeps up his fitness and form, I'd quite like to see Sky give Bernal the leader role for the Vuelta - already has a few notable wins this year (Tour of California, Columbian time trial championships), and has been leader at a few smaller races. 9 summit finishes during the Vuelta this year, would lend itself to someone like Bernal if he's on form...
I would be surprised if Bernal has the legs for 2 grand tours in such a short space of time. Too young. If Froome doesn’t ride in Spain I think they would most likely go with Henao as leader or David de la Cruz.
Old 30.07.2018, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I would be surprised if Bernal has the legs for 2 grand tours in such a short space of time. Too young. If Froome doesn’t ride in Spain I think they would most likely go with Henao as leader or David de la Cruz.
I wonder if we may see him go as a co-leader with a Henao then? He hasn't had "too" much racing in the earlier portion of the season and didn't ride the Giro, so in theory he should have been targeting the latter half the season with his fitness. Definitely intriguing to see what Sky do - also wonder if they may give Sivakov his grand tour debut in Spain too.

Definitely will be a very interesting Vuelta, of the confirmed names so far (realise these are early days) the GC looks like it could be wide open - I'd have a flutter on Miguel Angel Lopez for top 10 and Esteban Chaves too. Also fancy Enric Mas to announce his arrival on the grand tour stage with a stage win in a break
Old 22.08.2018, 09:32 AM
All Pro

Good news that velogames is back up and running a comp for the Vuelta (or Spain 2018 as velogames have to call it for probable legal reasons) which starts this weekend. Usual rules apply, pick 9 riders and then watch them fall off or drop out with no changes allowed. Deadline to get your team in is Saturday 4pm.
https://www.velogames.com/spain/2018/
league code - 29300175
Old 22.08.2018, 07:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Good news that velogames is back up and running a comp for the Vuelta (or Spain 2018 as velogames have to call it for probable legal reasons) which starts this weekend. Usual rules apply, pick 9 riders and then watch them fall off or drop out with no changes allowed. Deadline to get your team in is Saturday 4pm.
league code - 29300175
Dartmoor Thunder are entered.
Old 29.08.2018, 05:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
league code - 29300175
Not managed to catch any of the Vuelta yet, which is probably a good thing given my teams woeful performance thus far.
Old 30.08.2018, 08:51 AM
All Pro

Vuelta has been absolutely bonkers so far - two breakaway wins in a row, and Sky/Kwiatkowski just willingly giving away the red jersey. Seems the peloton may have some really tired legs in it already, combined with the heat are taking it slow and steady...
Old 14.09.2018, 09:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
I wonder if we may see him go as a co-leader with a Henao then? He hasn't had "too" much racing in the earlier portion of the season and didn't ride the Giro, so in theory he should have been targeting the latter half the season with his fitness. Definitely intriguing to see what Sky do - also wonder if they may give Sivakov his grand tour debut in Spain too.

Definitely will be a very interesting Vuelta, of the confirmed names so far (realise these are early days) the GC looks like it could be wide open - I'd have a flutter on Miguel Angel Lopez for top 10 and Esteban Chaves too. Also fancy Enric Mas to announce his arrival on the grand tour stage with a stage win in a break
Well Enric Mas is outperforming even my predictions for him, currently 3rd overall with a few stages to go - what a performance from the young man!
Old 14.09.2018, 04:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well Enric Mas is outperforming even my predictions for him, currently 3rd overall with a few stages to go - what a performance from the young man!
Good shout!

I didn't know too much about him until you mentioned his name, let alone realise he was Spanish! (a little extra impetuous in the Vuelta)

Certainly one to keep an eye on as a rising star (although I think i'm a little late to the party on this one! )
Old 15.09.2018, 07:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
….and now he's gone one better!