Fins vs Titans Game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 02.05.2016, 05:14 PM
Rookie

Default Fins vs Titans Game

Hi all,

I am planning on attending the Dolphins vs Titans game in October, this will be my first time attending a game in the US, having been to the 3 Dolphins games at Wembley.

I have read some useful threads on here giving some great tips, but there's a few things I'm unsure or undecided about which hopefully you guys could assist with based on your experiences.

I registered my interest in tickets on the official Dolphins web page, and was contacted directly by a ticket office team member, which I thought was very good customer service so sorting tickets shouldn't be a problem (fingers crossed).

Firstly, we are looking at staying in the Miami Beach area. In terms of getting to and from the stadium we will have a hire car, so one option is driving and parking, but what options public transport wise are there that people have used? I'd like to enjoy a beer or two at the game so obviously don't want to be drinking and driving. It seems bus is the only 'public' option but even that seems a bit of complicated journey with a couple of changeovers, and that seems a bit perilous should anything go wrong. Alternatively taxi is an option, which seems to be around $40, so is the more expensive oprion but is 'door to door' as such. How have other people got to the stadium when not driving? I have read about organised buses which also include a tailgate party, can anyone recommend one of these?

I'd like to soak up some of the atmosphere around the stadium pre match and have a wonder around the tailgaters. What time is a good time to get there before kick off? At wembley i was there 3 hours before kick off which seemed about right with what was on offer. Are there any 'must see' or 'must do' things that I shouldn't miss out on?

Additionally, whats a good time to get into the stadium? Id like to see some of the warm ups if possible.

What areas of the stadium are best to sit in from a view point perspective? I have sat in the both the upper and lower tiers at Wembley, and preferred the upper tier, but each stadium can be different, with sight lines, depth etc. Obviously everyone has different priorities but where has everyone else sat and what was it like?

Do you have other tips/ things to see or do for a first timer? (This will be my first time in the US too!)

Many thanks in advance and Fins Up! BDF
Old 04.05.2016, 09:24 AM
All Pro

I have never used them, always driven myself but Rallybus might be a solution they depart 45 mins after the game and get you there quite early.
There are no bad seats in the stadium it really comes down to your personal preference and how much you want to pay.
If you do drive book your parking in advance it is cheaper.
If you are in Miami Beach there is a Shulas steakhouse in one of the hotels, pricey but fabulous steak and Dolphins perfect season themed with lots of memorabilia.
It is not open all year round but a meal at Joes Stone Crab is not to be missed, no bookings, first come first served.
Old 15.05.2016, 10:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I have never used them, always driven myself but Rallybus might be a solution they depart 45 mins after the game and get you there quite early.
There are no bad seats in the stadium it really comes down to your personal preference and how much you want to pay.
If you do drive book your parking in advance it is cheaper.
If you are in Miami Beach there is a Shulas steakhouse in one of the hotels, pricey but fabulous steak and Dolphins perfect season themed with lots of memorabilia.
It is not open all year round but a meal at Joes Stone Crab is not to be missed, no bookings, first come first served.
Thanks for the info will come in very handy, will take a look at Rally Bus. Managed to get seats in row 3 of the upper tier half way between the half way line and the end zone. View looks really good from looking at it on the virtual seating chart. They are on the Titans side so I'm hoping I'm not sat in the middle of a group of Titans fans, I don't mind a bit of banter but not for a first timer! (in the US)
Old 15.05.2016, 10:39 AM
Pro

We stayed in Miami beach and took a dedicated bus to the stadium on game day which had pick ups at most hotels. Would not recommend it. Arrived 30 minutes before kick off, and like you, I wanted to be there a bit earlier to soak in the atmosphere. Im going back next year for my honeymoon and I'll be definitely be forking out $40 on a taxi for peace of mind for me getting me there on time.

As far as a good seat in the stadium goes, I purposely bought tickets on the camera side of the stadium as it's the side which doesn't get the sun burning down on you for the early kick offs... But with the new stadium improvements, that should no longer be a problem.

Miami fans get a bad wrap for being fair weathered fans, but on my experience, they were loud, passionate and incredibly welcoming. Enjoy yourself