2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 149 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #1481  
Old 18.06.2019, 05:40 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Josh McCown has announced his retirement.
announced that he is joining ESPN.
Reply With Quote
  #1482  
Old 19.06.2019, 08:47 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

so last week the Patriots traded for the Lions TE Michael Roberts only for the deal to fall through after he failed his physical so then he was released by the Lions then claimed of waivers by the Packers but has now been released by them because he has failed another physical.
Reply With Quote
  #1483  
Old 21.06.2019, 02:41 PM
LesterHayes's Avatar
LesterHayes LesterHayes is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.08.2012
Posts: 3,179
Default

Nice story:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...gland-in-2018/
Reply With Quote
  #1484  
Old 21.06.2019, 08:57 PM
Tamar Raider's Avatar
Tamar Raider Tamar Raider is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 12.08.2013
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Classy move by the Patriots.
Reply With Quote
  #1485  
Old 25.06.2019, 06:45 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Cincinnati’s 1st round pick, OT Jonah Williams, is set to miss the season after having shoulder surgery.
Reply With Quote
  #1486  
Old 25.06.2019, 10:10 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Cincinnati’s 1st round pick, OT Jonah Williams, is set to miss the season after having shoulder surgery.
Just when you think the Bengals might have finally taken the right steps to stabilise their OL.

It's not even a PUP type thing, it's a season ender. Surely will handicap his ability to make the '2nd year jump' that some players do too, especially when it comes to 'NFL strength'.
Reply With Quote
  #1487  
Old 25.06.2019, 10:49 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Just when you think the Bengals might have finally taken the right steps to stabilise their OL.

It's not even a PUP type thing, it's a season ender. Surely will handicap his ability to make the '2nd year jump' that some players do too, especially when it comes to 'NFL strength'.
The rookie seasons of the Bengals’ last five 1st rounders are a bit of a horror story!

2019) Jonah Williams: Out for the season
2018) Billy Price: Missed 6 games (foot)
2017) John Ross: Played 17 snaps, 0 catches
2016) William Jackson: Played 0 games (pec)
2015) Cedric Ogbuehi: Missed 11 games (knee)
Reply With Quote
  #1488  
Old 25.06.2019, 10:54 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The rookie seasons of the Bengals’ last five 1st rounders are a bit of a horror story!

2019) Jonah Williams: Out for the season
2018) Billy Price: Missed 6 games (foot)
2017) John Ross: Played 17 snaps, 0 catches
2016) William Jackson: Played 0 games (pec)
2015) Cedric Ogbuehi: Missed 11 games (knee)
Ouch!

2015: they went back to back OT's. Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher. Oh dear.

2017: the 3 picks after Ross - Mahomes, Lattimore, Watson.
Reply With Quote
  #1489  
Old 29.06.2019, 12:06 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

the media is already having its fun twisting reality to create a story out of nothing with our QB situation.
Reply With Quote
  #1490  
Old 29.06.2019, 01:12 PM
AfcBOli27's Avatar
AfcBOli27 AfcBOli27 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 31.08.2013
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
the media is already having its fun twisting reality to create a story out of nothing with our QB situation.
C'mon they have to have something to stir up now that OBJ is in Cleveland
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:26 PM.