Farewell to the forum - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 24.06.2019, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Farewell to the forum

It has been a platform for heated debate, humour and hard-hitting questions over many years, but the nfluk.com Forum will soon be logging off for the final time.

Reflecting the greater use by fans of our Facebook group to exchange views and seek information, the website Forum will cease to operate on July 26 .

We look forward to seeing discussion continue over on Facebook, but we would like to celebrate the passion with which people participated in Forum conversations by hearing about your favourite moments. Was there a post that made you laugh out loud, or reach for the keyboard in anger, or scratch your head in amazement? Whatever it was let us know about it.

The Forum has been a great friend to many of us for many years. It is time to give it a great send-off.

Last edited by PaddyRamsey; 25.06.2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 24.06.2019, 10:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
It has been a platform for heated debate, humour and hard-hitting questions over many years, but the nfluk.com Forum will soon be logging off for the final time.

Reflecting the greater use by fans of our Facebook group to exchange views and seek information, the website Forum will cease to operate on July 26 .

We look forward to seeing discussion continue over on Facebook, but we would like to celebrate the passion with which people participated in Forum conversations by hearing about your favourite moments. Was there a post that made you laugh out loud, or reach for the keyboard in anger, or scratch your head in amazement? Whatever it was let us know about it.

The Forum has been a great friend to many of us for many years. It is time to give it a great send-off.
This post.
Old 24.06.2019, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Your Facebook group!! Just had a look. You call that discussion? What a shambles. No thanks.

Also cancelled my season ticket. Cheerio!
Old 24.06.2019, 10:38 AM
Pro Bowler

(Olly posting)

Absolutely laughable, but hey that is NFLUK!

If you want to continue the excellent and reasoned discussions on NFL, and other sports then I would suggest heading over to https://uknflfan.co.uk/ rather than any nonsense Facebook groups.

A good community, of which some of you are already members! If you are around daily there is the shoutbox which is more of a day to day thing about matters, but the forum itself is also full of many great threads and reasoned discussion and debates about NFL and all things life and sports. Also plenty of pick em type games that take place during the season too.

Oh and the site is run by fans formerly who were on here...before they decided to screw this place over, so it is done properly over there!
Old 24.06.2019, 10:58 AM
MVP

Truly indicitive of NFLUK as an organisation. An organsation that is meant to be dedicated to growing the game.
You had a thriving forum with 100s of people on per day and 100s of posts added and nobody cares. They actively ignore their software which is a well maintained well known forum software and just let it die. They hide the link and hope it will go away.
With a competent plan the NFL could have been capitalising on the demand that the International series shows, but this forum pretty sums up how well that goes.

So nearly time to go everyone. Have enjoyed that chats and discussions that Social Media In No Way can replicate the experience of.
Here's hoping that there will be a central location for proper discussion that can have the userbase again like here in future. I won't hold my breath though...
Old 24.06.2019, 10:58 AM
Pro

https://youtu.be/s4VlruVG81w
Old 24.06.2019, 11:04 AM
MVP

Also to the admins.
Can we keep the posts up advertising the other big forums on this thread (such as the above)?. Might as well keep some forum discussions going if we are not going to be offered on from this central point?
Old 24.06.2019, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Forums can still thrive for the hardcore fan aimed at and serving an intelligent and knowledgeable fanbase.

The best one across the pond is:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com
Old 24.06.2019, 11:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Ignoring the original post, I'd just like to say thanks to all those members that have been a part this place over the years, especially the last 10 years or so. Particularly the core members who have stuck by this place through thick and thin despite an array of flaws and faults that have pushed people to the brink and beyond sadly. Would love to list, and thank, people specifically who I've enjoyed 'chatting to' over the years but hopefully you know who you are. It's made following the NFL that much more enjoyable, and certainly made the off season more fun than it should be. We've chatted about plenty of none NFL related stuff over the years too, again that's been good fun.

A real shame it's come to an end.

Personally, I won't be heading over to Facebook, nor Twitter probably.

As others have mentioned, a few have migrated across to UKNFLFAN in recent months and years. That's where I'll be now no doubt, fortunately might catch a few of you in fantasy leagues too. It's a good bunch of knowledgeable fans at UKNFLFAN, so at the very least I'd suggest anyone interested in forums rather than Facebook to check it out.

Anyhow, I guess this place slowly fades into oblivion now.

Thanks for the memories.
Old 24.06.2019, 11:19 AM
Hall of Fame

I’d like to say thanks.

Thanks to Qualcomm, this site became a running joke and started to die the moment he replaced Hank.

Well done, hope you are happy.