Green Bay Chances - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 07.12.2010, 10:45 AM
Rookie

Default Green Bay Chances

Hi everyone, im new and have only been watching the NFL for 2 seasons now I got advised at the start of the season to bet Green Bay.

What are there chances this season?

A lot of people say they have a good chance, if injuries stay away?
Old 07.12.2010, 11:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdie78 View Post
Hi everyone, im new and have only been watching the NFL for 2 seasons now I got advised at the start of the season to bet Green Bay.

What are there chances this season?

A lot of people say they have a good chance, if injuries stay away?
They didn't

However we are still in with a shot, I think we have about a 75% chance of making the playoffs, if we can win our first game then we certainly have a shot at making the big dance.

I'd rank us as about 5th-7th favorites for the superbowl.
Old 07.12.2010, 12:20 PM
Starter

Injuries have made it a lot more difficult than it should've been,losing Grant was a massive blow.Still hopefull of the play-offs and who knows what will happen then.Next weeks game v the Lions should be a win but the next 3 are not easy. It dont help that the Pats,Giants and that other lot are desperate for the wins too, should make for some cracking games but not to good for your blood pressure though. GO PACK GO.
Old 07.12.2010, 03:30 PM
MVP

Based on certain calculations, the Pack are the best team in the league for me. I projected a Pats-Packers Super Bowl coming back from the Wembley game and I stick by that.
Old 07.12.2010, 05:33 PM
All Pro

At the moment our fate isn't in our own hands. Really we can only afford one more loss this season and there are 2 more very worrying games on our schedule, Giants and Patriots. On top of all that we need others to slip up. Giants, Eagles, Saints, Bears, Falcons are all going to cause us problems.

We do I suppose have the chance to turn the odds in our favour. A victory vs Bears would even up the series and the team with the better record within the division would go through. We've already sweeped the Vikings series and look solid enough to sweep the Lions series so we have a very good chance of that. We also get the chance to pull back the Giants out of the play-off spots so that we can hopefully pick one up if the Bears continue to squeak through every match.
Old 07.12.2010, 06:54 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanmurray View Post
At the moment our fate isn't in our own hands. Really we can only afford one more loss this season and there are 2 more very worrying games on our schedule, Giants and Patriots. On top of all that we need others to slip up. Giants, Eagles, Saints, Bears, Falcons are all going to cause us problems.

We do I suppose have the chance to turn the odds in our favour. A victory vs Bears would even up the series and the team with the better record within the division would go through. We've already sweeped the Vikings series and look solid enough to sweep the Lions series so we have a very good chance of that. We also get the chance to pull back the Giants out of the play-off spots so that we can hopefully pick one up if the Bears continue to squeak through every match.
You hit the nail on the head towards the end of your post there. The Packers fate actually is in their own hands. If they win out (as unlikely as that may be with the Pats still on their schedule) then the Packers win the division.
Old 07.12.2010, 07:56 PM
All Pro

I suppose I was making the straight up assumption we won't beat the Patriots when I said that first sentence. In that case (which is the most likely case) we will need help from others.
Old 07.12.2010, 08:20 PM
All Pro

A game that will help us out is when the Eagles go to the Giants, which means one of those teams is going to at least drop a game also.
Old 07.12.2010, 10:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanmurray View Post
I suppose I was making the straight up assumption we won't beat the Patriots when I said that first sentence. In that case (which is the most likely case) we will need help from others.
If the Packers go 3-1 (losing to the Patriots, but winning the other 3 games), they end up 11-5. In that situation (assuming the worst case for the Packers, that the Bears go 3-1 also, just losing to the Packers.....of course, the Bears also have to play NE) then the Packers are in a Wild Card battle.

However, because the Eagles and Giants have to play each other, at best one of those teams ends up 12-4 (and wins the division), the other ends up at 11-5 - but loses the tiebreaker to the Packers (because in the scenario that the Packers finish 3-1 as described above, the Packers will have beaten both the Giants and the Eagles and therefore will win the head-to-head tiebreaker).

The spanner in the works at this stage could be ending up in a 3 way tie involving either the Giants / Eagles and one of the teams from the NFC South (Atlanta , New Orleans, Tampa Bay). In the case of NO and TBB, neither has played NYG or Phil, so the head to head tiebreaker wouldn't apply. In the case of Atlanta, they lost to Phil - who lost to the Packers, who lost to Atlanta. The head to head tiebreaker would end up even. Meaning that in all cases, a 3 way tie would end up going to conference record. The scenarios here are too great to calculate at this time, but the Packers would look to be in good stead with only 3 conference losses, which couldn't be bettered by the loser of the NYG / Phil game or by the Bucs. It's conceivable, but unlikely, that we could end in the common opponents tie-breaker.

It'll be somewhat clearer after this weekend.
Old 08.12.2010, 10:20 AM
MVP

I think the Vikings could help us out by beating the NYG, they have certainly improved in the last 2 weeks so as mad as it sounds, we should be supporting the Vikes this weekend.