Totally ashamed - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 29.09.2014, 09:11 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
There certainly were flags, maybe the section you saw on tv had had all theirs stolen as I note there are loads on eBay already!!
Apologies - I never saw them but I like my free flag as a great souvenir!
Sponsored Links
Old 29.09.2014, 09:18 AM
Rookie

Smile

Travelling down for the Cowboys Jags game but not due to get down there until about 3 by the sounds of it its going to be packed by the time i get there. Is there any where to get merchandise and stuff? I cant wait for my first experience of NFL!!
Old 29.09.2014, 09:19 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac man View Post
I am going to the Falcons game, but I noticed before the game on TV there were no flags handed out on each seat!
As one of the previous posters have said - there were flags but possibly the TV cameras covered our section where a woman row in front of told her son to grab as many as he could so she could put them on ebay!

As for the comments re atmosphere and noise - from our section I think it was probably the liveliest crowd apart from Viking/Steelers - though once Q3 confirmed the one-sided nature it did become quieter.
Old 29.09.2014, 09:20 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by H S View Post
I am not a regular to this forum, but was interested to read the views on yesterday's game, I am quite surprised that most people seem to have had a negative time.
My seats were up where the air is thin, we also didn't get a chance to experience the events outside due to our time of arrival.
However, I have to say that on the whole, it was a great experience. The whole theatre of it all, a great atmosphere, goosebumps during the National Anthems, friendly rivalry with the Dolphins fans beside us (I am a Colts fan, but cheered the Raiders). Plenty to be happy about.
A couple of things that I have never understood about these types of events, be it NFL, concerts and even motor racing is the constant coming and going for beer, I was like Zebedee up and down letting people past, and why people leave early, I know the final was easy to predict, but there are still plays to see. If I have spent good money to see an event, I want to stay until they start sweeping the floor, I noticed people leaving at the end of the third quarter, quite baffling.
I am back in the gods for the next two games and looking forward to them, especially as I now know one or two things I can do to make things a little easier.
Well said HS. I never understand the need for constant beer too! When I have been to Wembley all we do ALL GAME is stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. And it's always the same culprits. NFL games are not cheap and the whole event IS a great spectacle - yet so many people seem more concerned with drinking beer and going to the toilet. I'm on the very back row at the east side of the stadium (behind the screen) at the top of the central aisle, so I have visions of being 'zebedee' again like you.

People leaving early is always the same at Wembley, I feel it's so they can get down Wembley Way and on the tube before the big rush starts. It just looks bad as we rave about NFL games at Wembley, yet the 4th quarter the ground is half empty.... granted if the game is over by then then I can partly understand it. We only get 3 games a year - so at least stay and watch it all!
Old 29.09.2014, 09:23 AM
All Pro

Not really expecting the world at the Lions Falcons game.

I'm going to be incredibly intoxicated as we plan on arriving as soon as it opens so all I require is a substantial amount of food, close by, at all times. I hope it is over crowded as that will add to the atmosphere for us. I can understand if I was driving or not drinking though.

Hope they do the laminated super bowl tickets competition though.
Old 29.09.2014, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash89 View Post
I can't remember if I'm wrong here but wasn't the pre-game for Vikings - Steelers very much like this last year? Then the 49ers - Jags had the stage etc with actual things going on?

Also as well as blaming neutral atmosphere let's be honest a lot of us over here just aren't that up to wanting to 'make noise', polite applause for many.
Yes, I'm a diehard NFL fan but at my age and someone who prefers privacy, I'm not a rah-rah shout, scream and sing type of fan anyway and how the game unfolded yesterday was not going to change things.
Old 29.09.2014, 09:47 AM
Starter

I think people are being harsh to shout down any criticism as people being ungrateful. Constrictive criticism is how things improve.

From my perspective as a first time goer. I think they did a lot right but a few things wrong. Really enjoyed Regents street, seemed well organised and thought out. Stadium logistics worked well and with all the videos on the screens it never felt like constant action. On a negative, thought the fan plaza was a big fail, a few things from Regent's Street and some food vans were not worth the early arrival. If that's usual standard I'll arrive an hour before next time.

On the shop thing, that was a complete mess up. The main shop I queued at for about 45 mins and had a load of stuff out of stock. But then found the 2 barely advertised shops round the side which had no queue and stuff which the main one had long since sold out of. Great that I found them, annoyed that it was by accident
Old 29.09.2014, 09:56 AM
Rookie

As a fan since the 80's this was the first international game that I have been to. I took my wife who has no interest at all in NFL but she loved it. The whole "Team America" feel to the event was brilliant; the concert had our stand singing, the touchdowns from the Raiders had us high-fiving random people and we cheered for both teams. Obviously we are not as outgoing as our American cousins across the pond. I loved the atmosphere and loved that I was surrounded with newbies to the game who had a lot of questions and passion for the game.
Old 29.09.2014, 09:59 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearceglen View Post
As one of the previous posters have said - there were flags but possibly the TV cameras covered our section where a woman row in front of told her son to grab as many as he could so she could put them on ebay!

As for the comments re atmosphere and noise - from our section I think it was probably the liveliest crowd apart from Viking/Steelers - though once Q3 confirmed the one-sided nature it did become quieter.
Makes me so cross. They don't even sell, so it just spoils it for those in the areas affected.
Old 29.09.2014, 10:04 AM
All Pro

I'm a die hard Raiders fan so watching yesterdays game was a tough experience but it doesn't spoil my outlook I've been an NFL fan since the eighties, I've watched the coming and going of Monarchs etc. So I am more than happy to have real meaningful NFL games in this country. Is it annoying to queue up for hours to get a beer, food or merchandise? Yes of course but I had an excellent time cheering my head off and having fun even though the game was over by the third quarter!

Thanks NFLUK for getting these games here thanks to the all the fans whatever team for cheering for the Raiders!!!

It was great!