Holy Toledo ... How 'bout dem Raiders - Page 1116 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 05.10.2015, 11:14 AM
All Pro

A very disappointing loss, but one that probably serves as a necessary reality check - we are not as good as we think we are, and the Bears are not as bad as their record suggested.

One thing that has struck me is the coaching in the final stages, seems like they are playing more to not lose rather than keeping the pressure on when in a winning position - got away with it against the Browns (having said that I think the punt was the right call in the situation - yes the kick was very makeable for Jano but a miss would have given the Browns excellent field position and they very nearly pulled it off anyway).

On the final drive against the Bears, I had flashbacks of Olson and DMC on that 3rd and 2 when they ran it up the middle. Settling for the FG to give the Bears two minutes with three time outs to get in to FG range was what did for us given that we couldn't get any stops on defense.

Is the end looming for DJ Hayden? He looks lost out there. Not that I'm pinning it all on him, the DB situation wasn't great anyway and all the injuries have just made it worse. One thing that might help is generating more pressure up front - I'd like to see more 3-4 looks as a base defense, playing Mack and Aldon Smith where they are more effective at OLB. Dan Williams and Jelly Ellis can play the NT, and we have Tuck, Edwards and Autry who can all play DE in a 3-4. Lofton is a decent 2 down thumper but a liability in coverage on 3rd down, so having Malcom Smith in there as well would definitely help.

Rant over - any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 08.10.2015, 08:26 AM
All Pro

Hey I'm back I can actually post again!!! Thank you whomever finally sorted it I feel all in all we are still an improving team we have some really excellent youngsters to build on up with so yes it's not great to lose but I'm not dreading every game like last season we have hope again and that's a good feeling
Old 26.10.2015, 07:04 AM
Team Captain

First division away win in 3 years, Raiders were really good in the first half
Old 10.11.2015, 10:00 PM
All Pro

Just when you think you've heard it all. Ray Ray Armstrong apparently under investigation for taunting a police dog at the Pittsburgh game - lifting his shirt, pounding his chest and barking at the dog, which is a felony. Don't know who to fell more sorry for - Ray Ray for being so stupid, the person who reported it who obviously has nothing better to do or the DAs office who think this is worth investigating.
Old 21.11.2015, 02:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Just when you think you've heard it all. Ray Ray Armstrong apparently under investigation for taunting a police dog at the Pittsburgh game - lifting his shirt, pounding his chest and barking at the dog, which is a felony. Don't know who to fell more sorry for - Ray Ray for being so stupid, the person who reported it who obviously has nothing better to do or the DAs office who think this is worth investigating.
I think he's gotten off now.

Stupid thing to do although it's also a complete was of time reporting it.

Not been on for a while, but its good to see us having a better season for the first time in a long time.
Old 23.11.2015, 01:41 PM
All Pro

** MISSING PERSONS ALERT **

Would anyone who has any information regarding the whereabouts of the Oakland Raiders team, last seen stomping the Jets, please contact Alameda HQ without delay. They have been missing for three weeks now and their fans are concerned for their wellbeing and would like them back. Thank you.
Old 14.12.2015, 03:22 PM
Team Captain

Raiders have played far better and not got the result this season. Defence where immense and kept the team in the game.
Old 13.01.2016, 08:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Well my friends we are not moving to LA (well probably not), so where do we go from here?

Stay in Oakland with a new stadium?
Move to San Antonio? Portland? London!?

Or something else?
Old 13.01.2016, 08:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
Well my friends we are not moving to LA (well probably not), so where do we go from here?

Stay in Oakland with a new stadium?
Move to San Antonio? Portland? London!?

Or something else?
All signs point to another year's rental on the O.co, while the Chargers figure out whether to pitch in with Stan. San Antonio is probably just leverage for a new stadium in Oakland but can't be discounted (the whole point of leverage, I know).
Old 13.01.2016, 08:45 PM
All Pro

In other news, David Amerson has been awarded PFF's Most Improved Player award. An excellent pick up off the waiver wire.