Week 4. Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 25.09.2014, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Week 4. Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders.

Game thread
Sponsored Links
Old 25.09.2014, 09:54 AM
All Pro

Wooohoooo, London game number 1. Dolphins to win I expect, but naturally I'll be cheering the Raiders as the home team and the dolphins being a division rival.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:05 AM
All Pro

Was cautiously optimistic about this after last week, but the injury bug seems to have bit hard. No Streater, Branch. Down to three healthy linebackers. And to top it off we've re-signed Brandian Ross.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:16 AM
Team Captain

With all the rubbish going on in Miami I expect the Dolphins locker room to be totally unsettled, jet-lagged and start off slow again with more dropped passes and giving up multiple sacks to a more motivated team which almost held off the patriots last week... Raiders to win in a low scoring game 17 - 13.
Old 25.09.2014, 12:26 PM
All Pro

i just cant not back the raiders althou i am 0-3 seeing the Raiders in "home" games including a loss to the dolphins in 2005

Hopefully the "will he wont he" start tannerhill saga will disrupt the dolphins

Raiders 23 Dolphins 20 Janikowski "the polish cannon" nails a 55 yard field goal as time expires
Old 25.09.2014, 12:38 PM
Hall of Fame

2 terrible teams, Dolphins to take this one in a depressing 19-13 game
Old 25.09.2014, 12:48 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to steelers_wheelman

Raiders don't tend to do well travelling West to East in their own country, add a coupple more timezones, English weather and TV exposure, I can't see how they'll fail to bottle it.

I can't help but ech the sentiments about a dire game for neutrals though, Moreno's been dull as dishwater since he stopped taking hand-offs from Manning, Wallace has gotten lazy as all get-out since he got paid... Thank God for GamePass!
Old 25.09.2014, 12:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
Raiders don't tend to do well travelling West to East in their own country, add a coupple more timezones, English weather and TV exposure, I can't see how they'll fail to bottle it.

I can't help but ech the sentiments about a dire game for neutrals though, Moreno's been dull as dishwater since he stopped taking hand-offs from Manning, Wallace has gotten lazy as all get-out since he got paid... Thank God for GamePass!
Moreno had 136 yards and a TD in Game 1, then got injured on his only carry in Game 2. Can't call him dull for that.
Old 25.09.2014, 12:58 PM
Starter

We switched to a 3-4 defence last week that seemed to work well with Jelly at nose tackle, Tuck a 3-4 end, Woodley back to his favoured OLB and Mack the other side. I fear injuries may prevent us from going in this direction again though... I worry for our D.

That said teams tend to run the ball well in the London game. I say we get our ground game going and Carr chips in with a couple of TD's. Raiders 27 - Phins 23
Old 25.09.2014, 01:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post

I'll admit I'm a homer, but I don't agree with either of those statements.

Moreno was excellent in the first game, showed he was really up for it. I wasn't sure what to expect from him when he signed but he played with hunger. Then got injured within a few plays of week 2.

Wallace has looked far better than last year for us. He's showing he can run routes and has been a primary target for Tannehill.
If the game ends up being dull, it wont be due to either of those players.

I'm not going to jinx it with a score. Dolphins have the ability to win, if we play to our strengths and the receivers bring their catching gloves. Miller showed he can run the ball against the Chiefs but we didn't do it anywhere near enough.
However, our coaches don't seem to want to play to our strengths, plus they're not flying until tomorrow. Whether that affects them, time will tell.