Totally ashamed - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 28.09.2014, 08:47 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Totally ashamed

This was not my first game but was my first 'fan plaza'. I xane today with my old man who came with me for his first fame at the tailgate for the niners and loved. Today unfortunately was a disgrace. We got got dropped off at wembley at a reasonable 2.45pm and after walking round to tbe 'plaza' entrance. It was **** at 3.15ish pm and was 'full'. To be fair it certainly was full, whatever brights park that could think the majority of 80+000 fans could deal with that needs the sack.

The only other places to even grab a beer was by the March stand and then by raider nation with a 20min queue. In the end my old man found the 5 aside footy place (which owner confirmed was not expecting a bar rush) and whilst queuing who else crosse but Alistair Kirkwood! I said disgrace but he passed (understandable, busy day for him) but does not change the fact he saw about 30,000 fans with no where to go.

All we ask for is the tailgate, why insist on this failure. I just wanted to have a good day with my old man, why ruin it after the poor reviews last year? Tailgate works everyone can have a beer and a bite, everyone enjoys it, sort it, ruined my day.
Sponsored Links
Old 28.09.2014, 09:10 PM
Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
This was not my first game but was my first 'fan plaza'. I xane today with my old man who came with me for his first fame at the tailgate for the niners and loved. Today unfortunately was a disgrace. We got got dropped off at wembley at a reasonable 2.45pm and after walking round to tbe 'plaza' entrance. It was **** at 3.15ish pm and was 'full'. To be fair it certainly was full, whatever brights park that could think the majority of 80+000 fans could deal with that needs the sack.

The only other places to even grab a beer was by the March stand and then by raider nation with a 20min queue. In the end my old man found the 5 aside footy place (which owner confirmed was not expecting a bar rush) and whilst queuing who else crosse but Alistair Kirkwood! I said disgrace but he passed (understandable, busy day for him) but does not change the fact he saw about 30,000 fans with no where to go.

All we ask for is the tailgate, why insist on this failure. I just wanted to have a good day with my old man, why ruin it after the poor reviews last year? Tailgate works everyone can have a beer and a bite, everyone enjoys it, sort it, ruined my day.
Seems like you found somewhere to have a few beers in the end, so swings & roundabouts eh?
Old 28.09.2014, 09:15 PM
Pro Bowler

At the 5 a side football place and that was at about 4 as that was full....
Old 28.09.2014, 09:50 PM
Starter

I totally agree with you, I'm glad I spent an hour queuing with my brother in the merch shop because other it was so poor. There was nothing different to do that I hadnt already done at regents street yesterday, where was the stage? The entertainment...we looked around but everything was just people queuing for food and beer.

On a different note, I'm embarrassed in British fans.....inside the stadium you could have heard a fly fart from a different block. No defense chanting, some booing, and only cheering during touchdowns. I'm glad I had banter with my brother and the people in my row, otherwise the crowd was dead.
Old 28.09.2014, 10:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Funny how people had different perceptions, because I thought the crowd really nailed it, at least up until the point it became really one sided (mid 3Q). Crowd seemed a lot more knowledgeable compared to the first IS game 7 years ago.
Old 28.09.2014, 10:11 PM
All Pro

Atmosphere didn't come across well on TV.
Old 28.09.2014, 10:34 PM
All Pro

Usual "unique" TV atmosphere and lets face it, the majority of fans stayed despite the awfulness of the Raiders. I remember similar drubbings at Mile High and Fed-Ex field in the past and those stadiums were EMPTY middle of the third quarter.

Merchandise....Arrrgh sorry I don't get it..Game shirts and the usual game balls etc are available 365 days of the year and usually a lot cheaper than the kiosks. On the day commemorative merchandise is a little different but much of the tat is still available eleven months later.

Tailgate.....Add up all that extra electrical gear etc and set up it must cost to run it and I'm sure if you turned up F.A. cup final day your jaw would drop if that was all set up for you...I'd be more grateful, yes it's a way to make more money and can be crowded but hell you ever go to the old American Bowls? We had to make our own entertainment.

Old fart rant over.
Old 28.09.2014, 10:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
It was **** at 3.15ish pm and was 'full'. To be fair it certainly was full, whatever brights park that could think the majority of 80+000 fans could deal with that needs the sack.
Agree - we arrived about 2ish and was busy but every one of the 'attractions' we visited after 3 were closed to anyone new apart from the Visit USA or Gamepass stands. What was the point to get everyone to register for Fan Pass to quote

"More Event Access, More Guaranteed Rewards, A More Enhanced Event Day Experience and MORE choice"

when you can't actually get to use it?
Old 28.09.2014, 11:00 PM
Starter

Why do people have to whine and moan so much. There were more things going on than at any soccer match and we get to see NFL in our country instead of having to travel thousands of miles. Nobody can help the game being one sided. The atmosphere is subdued because it's not a proper home game. But I enjoy the event anyway
Old 28.09.2014, 11:05 PM
All Pro

Saw the thread title and thought it was about the Raiders performance. I know I'm ashamed anyway