Frequently Asked Questions - Page 19 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 11.02.2018, 04:17 PM
Pro

Oh I see so if you hail Mary it from your own 40 and it's unsuccessful the oppositin start from your 40 or where they pick up the ball from ?
Sponsored Links
Old 11.02.2018, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
Oh I see so if you hail Mary it from your own 40 and it's unsuccessful the oppositin start from your 40 or where they pick up the ball from ?
If it's a 4th down, they'd take over from the 40 in that situation. Only exception would be if they intercepted it, in which case they'd take over from the spot where the intercepting player was tackled, but it'd obviously be better for that player to knock the ball down...
Old 11.02.2018, 07:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
If it's a 4th down, they'd take over from the 40 in that situation. Only exception would be if they intercepted it, in which case they'd take over from the spot where the intercepting player was tackled, but it'd obviously be better for that player to knock the ball down...
I always wonder why players aren't smarter with that... you see D-backs running celebrating having picked off a 4th down, sometimes even going to ground immediately, whereas I'm thinking "if you'd just smashed that to the floor you would have got 20-30 yards better field position.
Old 11.02.2018, 07:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
If any 4th down play is not completed or falls short of the required yards for a 1st down, the opposition gets the ball at:

- the point of the last snap (incomplete pass),
- point the offensive player is down by contact (if a completed pass or run play short of first down marker)
- for an interception or fumble recovery, point the defender is down by contact or, if intercepted or recovered in the defense's endzone, at the 25-yard line
- at the point of the kick, rather than the point of the snap (failed field goal)
Old 11.02.2018, 07:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
really, all i mostly see is kneels and boos from crowd for doing so.
Teams only take first half knees if deep in their own territory normally.