Game Pass 2011 - Mobile / Tablet - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 13.08.2011, 09:56 PM

Default Game Pass 2011 - Mobile / Tablet

Hi everyone, there has been plenty of questions about mobile and tablet access for NFL Game Pass this season (2011). Attached is a sneak peek at the NFL Game Pass mobile & tablet designs for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices.

Launch for these apps is targeted in time for regular season kickoff. Actual launch date is coming soon, will let everyone know on this thread. The apps will not be available during preseason.

The NFL Game Pass app for Android and iOS will be FREE to download. However, an NFL Game Pass subscription is required to watch games, shows and access the various features.

The apps will include:
  • 2011 Regular Season games, live and on-demand
  • NFL Network live stream and select archived programming

The apps will NOT include 2009 or 2010 games, unfortunately.

Note, the designs may not represent all the features available at launch, these are preliminary designs. Update on the available features will be coming soon.

You can subscribe via NFL.com/GamePass or purchase the subscription within the app directly. If purchasing in-app, you will need to register w/ NFL.com (within the app) in order to access Game Pass on your PC. More details on this coming soon as well.

But in a nutshell, the NFL Game Pass app will be a stand-alone FREE app this year, different from last year where Game Pass was offered through the NFL 2010 Game Center app.

Another reminder, only one concurrent log-in per subscriber across all systems (PC, laptop, mobile, and tablet). In other words, you can only be logged into one at any given time. You will not be able to sign into Game Pass on your laptop while being signed in on your iPad. Your session will time out.

Sit tight, more information coming soon, will share as soon as I'm able to.

[Disclaimer: a reminder that NFL RedZone is not available in the UK on these devices as well, though the designs show button options for NFL RedZone. Game Pass mobile and tablet apps are not available in Canada.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gamepass.android.mobile..jpg (62.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg gamepass.android.tablet.jpg (96.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg gamepass.ios.mobile..jpg (56.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg gamepass.ios.tablet.jpg (101.3 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by charlesp; 14.08.2011 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 13.08.2011, 10:02 PM

Frequently asked question has been around iPad, specifically whether HDMI-out and/or Airplay will be supported. I don't have an answer for this yet, but will update the thread when I can.

AppleTV is not supported this season, neither is XBox or PS3.
Old 13.08.2011, 11:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp View Post
Frequently asked question has been around iPad, specifically whether HDMI-out and/or Airplay will be supported. I don't have an answer for this yet, but will update the thread when I can.

AppleTV is not supported this season, neither is XBox or PS3.
can you ask re:airplay for iphone too
Old 13.08.2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
can you ask re:airplay for iphone too
Like the iPad, I will when I have the answer.
Old 14.08.2011, 07:28 AM
Team Captain

Good comprehensive update Charles - thanks!!!
Old 14.08.2011, 08:18 AM
Team Captain

Looks and sounds promising on the most part - nice work!

Shame about no Apple TV support though, especially after the MLB and NBA both rolled it out a few months ago. Fingers crossed for an Airplay feature at least though.

Just wondered if you'll be able to use each device to stream games at the same time? Say have one game on the Laptop and another on the iPhone?

As far as mobile apps and gamepass goes actually, as a general rule of thumb I'd say just look at what MLB@Bat/MLB.tv are doing and the features they offer. Implement that kind of presentation and feature set and you won't go far wrong!
Old 14.08.2011, 09:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatSay View Post
Looks and sounds promising on the most part - nice work!

Shame about no Apple TV support though, especially after the MLB and NBA both rolled it out a few months ago. Fingers crossed for an Airplay feature at least though.

Just wondered if you'll be able to use each device to stream games at the same time? Say have one game on the Laptop and another on the iPhone?

As far as mobile apps and gamepass goes actually, as a general rule of thumb I'd say just look at what MLB@Bat/MLB.tv are doing and the features they offer. Implement that kind of presentation and feature set and you won't go far wrong!
If airplay is available (and I hope it is) then you won't need it on Apple TV, would be nice to have though
Old 14.08.2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for th update charles, really appreciate your continued assistance
Old 14.08.2011, 01:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
If airplay is available (and I hope it is) then you won't need it on Apple TV, would be nice to have though
Resolution could still differ quite a bit tho, I think? Direct through Apple TV would be a lot clearer than streaming from e.g. the iPhone / iPad to the ATV, as both are optimised for smaller screens?

So I'd still prefer, eventually, this as a direct option on the ATV.
Old 14.08.2011, 01:25 PM
Rookie

When will they be available? And will the video quality be the same as in the browser?

I've been watching gamepass on my android tablet and on the highest quality i have some frame drops, which i expected since it's not optimized for a tablet.

If you need beta testers let me know!