Messed up logo - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 26.01.2016, 04:44 PM
RUN RUN RICKY's Avatar
RUN RUN RICKY RUN RUN RICKY is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 487
Default

The new logo is ok, I do now prefer it to the cartoony '97-'12 look, but at the same time, the new logo is a bit too simple and too much of a departure from the classic style.

The new logo with those old throwback uniforms would be a good mix for me, but at the moment there just seems to be too much white. A grey or aqua facemask would have been a nice addition.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12  
Old 26.01.2016, 05:06 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 17,152
Default

It just isn't PC these days to put a football helmet on a Dolphin. Logo cruelty can lead a lot of negative press or worse. You have to consider the bigger picture when these changes take place.




















Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 29.01.2016, 10:17 AM
KingKosar's Avatar
KingKosar KingKosar is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 03.09.2007
Posts: 2,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
The new logo with those old throwback uniforms would be a good mix for me, but at the moment there just seems to be too much white. A grey or aqua facemask would have been a nice addition.
Totally agree - would've made a big difference to the look if they had kept the aqua facemask. White helmet + white facemask is just a bit bland really.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 29.01.2016, 11:43 AM
The Butcher's Avatar
The Butcher The Butcher is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 28.01.2016
Posts: 15
Default

Maybe they were concerned that putting a helmet on a dolphin was giving the wrong impression to kids?



In all seriousness though I think it's ok but it just seems like it's missing something either it's too simple or the flow of it needs to be changed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19.11.2016, 09:53 PM
British Bulldawg's Avatar
British Bulldawg British Bulldawg is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.08.2007
Posts: 1,276
Default

Looks awful just like the new stadium design does.

The 97 - 2012 logo was the best logo, my brother is a Dolphins fan and he refuses to buy any of the new stuff with the new logo on.

I don't know if it's just me or not but the orange+ blue seats were a great classic look and the new all green just doesn't go for me.

A roof now also so you can't watch the game in the sun with a beer - unless you're in about row 1 -5 behind the away bench?

I just feel Miami lost all of its character and history all in one go with stadium / logo etc.

They say you've got to move with the times but does anyone really like all the changes made?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20.11.2016, 09:19 AM
Harps's Avatar
Harps Harps is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 15.09.2013
Posts: 714
Default

I personally really like the new logo. I didn't particularly want it changed, but its grown on me.

I've not heard any Miami fans complain about the stadium. In fact, its been getting rave reviews. The cover protects from the intense heat & humidity, which was a serious issue - a lot of fans would hide in the concourse, I know of some that couldn't stand more than one half on particularly hot days. Plus it reflects the noise so there's a genuine home field advantage. Not to mention that the only team that has to swelter on the sidelines now is the away team and a few rows of fans behind. Lawrence Timmons looked pretty uncomfortable

If (and its a huge "if" with the O-Line injuries this week) the Dolphins beat the Rams, I can see Hard Rock Stadium really rocking next week against the 49'ers.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21.11.2016, 12:55 AM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Posts: 18,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
The 97 - 2012 logo was the best logo, my brother is a Dolphins fan and he refuses to buy any of the new stuff with the new logo on.
Really? I think the 97-2012 look was terrible. The cartoony Dolphin and the 3D numbers? Not good at all IMO.

I think most Dolphins fans agree that anything prior to '97 was the best look. I'm cool with the current Dolphins look though. It clean and classy. It might not be iconic, but it's pretty inoffensive if you ask me, and it is close enough to what the Dolphins have had in the past to link them to the Dolphins of old (the colours and logo are close enough to the past, that if you'd been on the moon for 20 years, you'd come back and still recognise them as obviously the Dolphins). And when you look at other teams who had recent makeovers (Bucs, Jags, Browns - I'm looking at you), I think the Dolphins did alright really!

As for the stadium... I think it's pretty much universally accepted that it is a massive improvement. The old stadium was dated.... it needed bringing back up into the modern world. And the biggest problem was the lack of shade for the fans in the hot weather, so the roof was an absolute must have.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21.11.2016, 08:25 AM
Dolphin_Akie's Avatar
Dolphin_Akie Dolphin_Akie is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 03.12.2010
Posts: 14,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Really? I think the 97-2012 look was terrible. The cartoony Dolphin and the 3D numbers? Not good at all IMO.

I think most Dolphins fans agree that anything prior to '97 was the best look. I'm cool with the current Dolphins look though. It clean and classy. It might not be iconic, but it's pretty inoffensive if you ask me, and it is close enough to what the Dolphins have had in the past to link them to the Dolphins of old (the colours and logo are close enough to the past, that if you'd been on the moon for 20 years, you'd come back and still recognise them as obviously the Dolphins). And when you look at other teams who had recent makeovers (Bucs, Jags, Browns - I'm looking at you), I think the Dolphins did alright really!

As for the stadium... I think it's pretty much universally accepted that it is a massive improvement. The old stadium was dated.... it needed bringing back up into the modern world. And the biggest problem was the lack of shade for the fans in the hot weather, so the roof was an absolute must have.
Yeah I much preferred the pre 97 look as that was when I first started following the Phins and then they changed it all.

Not been to the stadium since the reno but seems to be getting universal praise from the fans who go.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21.11.2016, 06:31 PM
Duper85's Avatar
Duper85 Duper85 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 19.11.2003
Posts: 8,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
Looks awful just like the new stadium design does.

The 97 - 2012 logo was the best logo, my brother is a Dolphins fan and he refuses to buy any of the new stuff with the new logo on.

I don't know if it's just me or not but the orange+ blue seats were a great classic look and the new all green just doesn't go for me.

A roof now also so you can't watch the game in the sun with a beer - unless you're in about row 1 -5 behind the away bench?

I just feel Miami lost all of its character and history all in one go with stadium / logo etc.

They say you've got to move with the times but does anyone really like all the changes made?
South Florida for 3 hours in the direct sunlight is not like sitting in your back yard and having a couple of chilled ones. It melts people.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 21.11.2016, 10:40 PM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Posts: 18,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
South Florida for 3 hours in the direct sunlight is not like sitting in your back yard and having a couple of chilled ones. It melts people.
Yup. I went to an afternoon baseball game there once, during the month of August. It was virtually unbearable. The fans spent as much time in the concourse in the shade, as they did in their seat watching the game. Which probably explained why the stadium looked half empty most of the time for Dolphins games, with all the orange seats on view!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:43 AM.