2019 season - Page 133 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 18.05.2019, 06:25 PM
Hall of Fame

profootballtalk reporting that the owners are giving the competition committee the chance to change the new rule that was about making PI/OPI reviewable after the missed call in the NFC championship game.

now reported that there will be no automatic/booth reviews taking into account PI on scoring plays/turnovers and non allowed in the final 2 minutes of each half or overtime so the only challenges will be via HC's and there challenge flags.
Sponsored Links
Old 18.05.2019, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Chad Forbes claiming that OBJ will hold a press conference on Monday, where he will announce himself as the first gay athlete on the league.

EDIT: Apparently, his “phone was hacked”.

Last edited by wayne ellis; 19.05.2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 19.05.2019, 07:59 AM
Hall of Fame

Chris Long (Rams, Patriots, Eagles) has retired. The 2nd overall pick in the 2008 Draft (the year Jake Long went 1st to the Dolphins). 70 sacks and 2 SB rings, a very solid return.

Travis Swanson also retired.
Old 19.05.2019, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Chris Long (Rams, Patriots, Eagles) has retired. The 2nd overall pick in the 2008 Draft (the year Jake Long went 1st to the Dolphins). 70 sacks and 2 SB rings, a very solid return.

Travis Swanson also retired.
The Long family are probably ranked only behind the Matthews and Manning families in NFL history. Each one has or will have a HOFer, at least two Pro Bowlers and one or more Super Bowl champions.
Old 19.05.2019, 02:05 PM
GOAT

i dont know if anyone else watches SBs Rewind series but this week they did it on Romos defining well infamous moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Kj-DwEWEY&t
Old 20.05.2019, 07:29 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Jets will be the Jets.

Ridiculous decision, he is actually building a decent a roster. And for what?

Gase is interim HC. Which is joke. He is terrible at his main job so give him a second.

With the Knicks losing out last night, the Giants being Gettlemaned and the Jets being the Jets, now is a pretty lousy time to be a New Jersey sports fan
(Olly posting)

A bit late to the party here, but ultimately I think the Jets will be better off without Maccagnan going forward...he has been the worst GM in the league for the last half decade, and I'm not sure it's even a contest. As I posted at the end of the season, it is ridiculous he wasn't fired in January with Bowles, and it is ridiculous the way the Jets have allowed him to run the off season and then fire him...but going into future drafts/off seasons they should be better off for this.

As for their roster - again I am very low on the Jets, and I don't think it is a Patriots fan bias either (I think Buffalo have pulled far clear of them this off season). For me the Jets had two huge issues going into this off season, their cornerbacks and offensive line...and they have arguably gotten worse in both positions (always good to be starting a centre who was behind a guy who literally couldn't snap the ball last year, and your best corner was a trainwreck last year who stopped showing up in late December). I worry massively for Darnold behind that OL and with Dowell Loggains as his OC (lol), and for me you can easily beat the Jets defence by simply going 4/5 wide and getting their awful cornerback depth exposed, along with their big LBs isolated in coverage.
Old 20.05.2019, 11:34 AM
Hall of Fame

People stirring the pot by suggesting the Jets could even trade Bell before the season starts.

Crazy, but in reality would it be anything more than buying a draft pick? A very expensive, probably Day 3 draft pick admittedly.
Old 20.05.2019, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
People stirring the pot by suggesting the Jets could even trade Bell before the season starts.

Crazy, but in reality would it be anything more than buying a draft pick? A very expensive, probably Day 3 draft pick admittedly.
It also makes zero sense when you consider trading Bell would leave the Jets with a massive $25m in dead cap space.

Last edited by boknows34; 20.05.2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 20.05.2019, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Media can post any old crap about us and people will believe it, basically.

Washington LB Reuben Foster was carted off the practice field with a left knee injury.
Old 20.05.2019, 05:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
It also makes zero sense when you consider trading Bell would leave the Jets with a massive $25m in dead cap space.
For one season. If they could afford it it wouldn't affect them, it probably increases Bell's trade value too because they would've swallowed a large chunk of change that other teams wouldn't have to.

Wont happen so it's all null and void really.