Why the Raiders? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 12.02.2017, 01:24 AM
Pro

Default Why the Raiders?

I have been a fan of American Football since the days when the Sunday afternoon game was broadcast live on channel 4 but have never picked a favourite team.

Why should I support your team?

Take it away
*pops popcorn*
Sponsored Links
Old 12.02.2017, 02:30 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisredmond View Post
I have been a fan of American Football since the days when the Sunday afternoon game was broadcast live on channel 4 but have never picked a favourite team.

Why should I support your team?

Take it away
*pops popcorn*
You shouldn't. You should find a team that you're drawn to and not a team that someone sells you.
Old 14.02.2017, 12:57 PM
Rookie

What he said, I follow the Raiders due to my mum coming home with an LA Raiders sweatshirt when I was a kid.
Old 15.02.2017, 07:34 PM
Rookie

What they said, you should find a link to a team your own way., be it you like the colour of the jersey,you are going on holiday there, the image and history or your aunty once lived in Oakland etc. I support the raiders because my Aunty in Canada sent me a Marc Wilson ( look him up ) for Christmas in the 80s
Old 16.08.2017, 02:39 PM
All Pro

Support the Raiders because my Uncle used to always wear Raider gear in the 90's - he followed them from the Channel 4 days and I loved the mystique of the eye patch and the shield.

He had a few football jerseys, which he gave me, there was a Bears jersey, a Dolphins jersey and a Silver & Black #77 Alzado jersey and I was taken in completely by the silver and black. Any other teams colours just don't seem right.

Genuine matchgoing fans could call that a pretty crappy reason - but I decided a long time ago when I was a kid they'd be my team and I've stuck with them, let's face it, we've had barely any glory in my lifetime so nobody can say I'm fickle
Old 16.08.2017, 02:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertim1 View Post
What they said, you should find a link to a team your own way., be it you like the colour of the jersey,you are going on holiday there, the image and history or your aunty once lived in Oakland etc. I support the raiders because my Aunty in Canada sent me a Marc Wilson ( look him up ) for Christmas in the 80s
I guess your auntie doesn't like you very much...
Old 15.01.2018, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Back in 84 my uncle lived in LA and used to send plenty of Merchandise over. Ever since then I've been a fan.

Last edited by Ormy73; 15.01.2018 at 10:21 PM.