NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 18.09.2018, 03:19 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
All the Russell Wilson "qb wins" fan boys will be quiet this year

he is still a very good fella but behind that line he has no real hope, he is trying to make magic beans from baked beans.
Sponsored Links
Old 18.09.2018, 04:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Seattle look absolutely hopeless. Will do well to get 7-9 with that team, in my opinion. What has he got down field? Lockett, or an aged Marshall? Bears will make a few teams look bad offensively this season. Talent seems to have poured off the Seattle roster in recent seasons, with very few good ones coming in. Wilson is in for a few tough seasons in Seattle. Legion of boom looking more like legion of bust right now.
Old 18.09.2018, 05:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Perfect end to a miserable week of predictions (7-9, or technically 7-8-1). The Bears could be a potential dark horse, though I’m still not convinced by Trubisky. Surprised Jordan Howard wasn’t more effective against a Seattle run Defense that was gashed by Denver last week.
Mahomes at 10. Trubisky at 2.

Trubisky looks a bust to me. His long throws are inaccurate. One reckless throw last night before the half should have been picksixed. He could improve of course, but he is not convincing at this point. Mahomes looks a gem, by comparison.
Old 18.09.2018, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Don’t think you can overstate the importance of Doug Baldwin in that Seattle Offense.
Old 18.09.2018, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Mahomes at 10. Trubisky at 2.

Trubisky looks a bust to me. His long throws are inaccurate. One reckless throw last night before the half should have been picksixed. He could improve of course, but he is not convincing at this point. Mahomes looks a gem, by comparison.
Lets chill on Mahomes, he's had a small snapshot (albeit marvellous) - Watson was doing the same and now looks a shadow of the player (again albeit an injury caused it).

Add in that Mahomes has one of the best WR's in the league in Hill and one of the best TE's in Kelce and it makes his life a bit easier.

Not saying he isn't going to be good, but he's got a good system, a Chiefs team that always start well every year and 2 major offensive weapons.

Throw in he had the chance to sit and learn last year compared to Trubisky who was in the shambles under Fox. Yes he made mistakes last year but I think his smaller amount of college games along with the shambles last year makes me feel this is more like his rookie year, finding his feet in a new system with a new coach. The number 2 pick will obviously make demands on him.

He did make errors last night, but the drive he controlled late in the 3rd that led to the Miller score was very well done. A bit of confidence and he might get better and better.