NBA Thread - Page 466 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.06.2013, 06:12 PM
MVP

I'm happy to have Trey Burke at Utah. As a team Michigan defended as well as anybody and can really control the floor. Burke was huge for them smart trade by Utah. Added bonus of not having Shabazz Muhammad after the trade. Guy looked pretty average at UCLA big project could be special probably be a career bellow average big man.

Favourite pick Peyton Siva 56th pick by the Pistons. Just about 6ft might not make the final team but Silva as hot and cold as he could be when he was on form he could be elite. He has a chance to be a long term player in the NBA.
Old 30.06.2013, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

The Raptors have agreed to send Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak and a 2016 first-round pick.

Free agency starts in about 4 hours.
Old 01.07.2013, 12:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
I'm happy to have Trey Burke at Utah. As a team Michigan defended as well as anybody and can really control the floor. Burke was huge for them smart trade by Utah. Added bonus of not having Shabazz Muhammad after the trade. Guy looked pretty average at UCLA big project could be special probably be a career bellow average big man.

Favourite pick Peyton Siva 56th pick by the Pistons. Just about 6ft might not make the final team but Silva as hot and cold as he could be when he was on form he could be elite. He has a chance to be a long term player in the NBA.
Well, he's a mixed bag. I mean he can score but he wasn't dominant...he was freshman of the year but, I don't know...prima donna. Watched quite a bit of UCLA - Pac 12 basketball.

Plus, it turns out one of the reasons he was so awesome in high school is because he was older than everyone else. He was 20 last year as a freshman in college and not 19.

His dad also sounds like Marv Marinovich. Everything about Shabazz was orchestrated to sell him to the public and schools. He is talented but he's also full of hype...and he could be a huge bust.
Old 04.07.2013, 08:12 PM
Team Captain

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...agent/2490163/

The Charlotte Bobcats have signed Al Jefferson on a three year deal worth $40.5 million, with an opt out option in the third year.

I'm surprised we made this move since the common belief is that we would 'tank' one more season to give us the best chance to land the top pick. But it seems the Bobcats want to win more games, and I think if we re-sign Henderson, then we might win another 5 to 10 games to put us in the T-Wolves/Wizards range.

- Kemba, Henderson, MKG, Zeller and Jefferson

That line up has potential, and is an excellent base to build on with next year's draft and free agency.
Old 04.07.2013, 09:47 PM
MVP

Fair play to Al Jefferson going for a NBA title over the easy money
Old 05.07.2013, 12:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael975 View Post
An entertaining draft with some surprising picks and trades. I'm happy with the Bobcats selection of Cody Zeller, an athletic seven foot PF/C. He'll slot in at PF. He's got the ability to stretch the court, shoot 3s, run the court if needed, amd overall he brings a decent option to the starting lineup. He was maybe a reach at #4, but sometimes it is better to reach and get your guy, than trade back to the 7 to 12 region and potentially miss out.

I think Oladipo going to the Magic will be a good fit. He's an imposing player with elite athleticism. He's got the ability to put up points, and also bring excellent defence. I think the Magic may try Afflalo to the Clippers for Bledsoe. A Bledsoe-Oladipo pairing could be an entertaining duo. For me the Magic have a very promising lineup with only PG left to address. If they pass on Bledsoe, they could try to grab a player like Jennings, or wait for Smart next year if they don't land a top two or three pick (ie Wiggins, Parker, and Randle are arguably the top three guys). The good times aren't far off for the Magic.

But my pick of the night was the Sacramento Kings taking Ben McLemore at #7. For me he was one of the best in the draft. He's got all star potential, and his jump shot is a thing of beauty (check it out on YouTube). At #7 he's a steal. They could shift Evans back to PG where he started his career, and that should help Evans because at times his assists where lower due to not having a player that can down shots, in McLemore he has a go to guy. Evans-McLemore has potential, but at the same time they may decide to move on from Tyreke Evans.
I watched a lot of college basketball last year and I think Zeller was a reach there in the draft even with all his hype (which waned over the course of the season).

I think he will get bullied in the NBA and I struggle to see how he will get his points. I can't fault his athleticism for his size but he's a bit weak and most of the time relied on this athelticism to dominate lesser opponents - he won't get this luxury in the NBA.

Some of the international prospects this year look really intriguing. Given the low star power in this draft there was nothing that really wowed me or had me too surprised - it was quite average across the board and I think this why so many international players were taken in the first round.
Old 06.07.2013, 10:14 AM
Team Captain

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/05/warrior...dris-biedrins/

Andre Iguodala has agreed to join the Warriors. Good move for them.

http://nydailynews.com/1.1391394

The Dwight-saga II is over, he's picked the Rockets. Rumours also suggest they might pursue a trade and sign deal of Asik and Lin to the Hawks and Josh Smith to the Rockets. The potential of the Rockets is very good, if they gel they'll be a threat.
Old 06.07.2013, 10:26 PM
Team Captain

http://espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId...03&src=desktop

Detroit Pistons have reportedly agreed to sign Josh Smith on a 4 year deal worth $56 million. This could help them push on and become contenders for the 7th or 8th seed. With the Bucks and Celtics losing key players, those spots are now open. The Pistons could capitalise, and the other team I fancy getting in is the Wizards.
Old 19.07.2013, 11:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Charlotte are back to being the Hornets. This coincides with the reintroduction of starter jackets.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hornets-of-old
Old 25.07.2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

NYC Council vote to extend MSG "lease" 10 years. Could mean arena has to move location.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2...rt_more_sports