NBA Thread - Page 566 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 10.08.2015, 08:40 PM
MVP

I'd put it on par with gamepass qualitywise

As for billing I've only just got random months when I've been in the mood for it so cant tell you.
Old 10.08.2015, 09:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Hello fellow NBA fans....

Seriously considering signing up to NBA League pass this year (fed up with BT sport only showing 1 Magic game during the last 2 seasons!), and was wondering what eveyone's opinions are??

I've subscribed to NFL Gamepass over the last few years which I think is great. What is the NBA version like in comparison? Good quality? Any major issues?

Also... a quick question about the billing, that I can't seem to find anywhere on their website. It says it is £20.99 per month for the premium version, or £17.99 per month for the regular version. Is this billed over 12 calendar months... or is billed just during the months of the season (i.e. 9 months). Or can you choose to pay in one installment?

Thanks in advance.
I've had it for the last few years and generally felt it was great value. If you're wanting to watch a particular team (Lakers for me) or Magic for you, it's the best option.

Would agree with Stu T that the quality is the same now as Gamepass.

With a number of games most nights, there is always a good matchup to watch. The condensed version is more of a Match of the Day highlights format (about 10-15 minutes) and not every play like in Gamepass.

Not sure about the monthly payments, but they will offer an annual fee as well nearer the start of the season. I think it was something in the region of £160 last year (premium package) but they offered a 15% discount to returning subscribers last year so I didn't pay that much.

Like Gamepass, they also normally offer a free week trial towards the start of the season so whether you want to give it a go then?

Last edited by Crusader; 10.08.2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10.08.2015, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys... that's really helpful.

Regarding the billing.... if Stu has signed up for random months from time to time, I'm wondering if perhaps you just pay your monthly amount, but can cancel at anytime? And therefore not necessarily having to sign up for the full year like with Gamepass?

I was going to wait until nearer the season anyway, so the free trial sounds like a good plan.

Pretty sure I'm going to get it.... I already cancelled BT sport, so I'm going to have to get my NBA fix somehow.
Old 11.08.2015, 09:43 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Thanks guys... that's really helpful.

Regarding the billing.... if Stu has signed up for random months from time to time, I'm wondering if perhaps you just pay your monthly amount, but can cancel at anytime? And therefore not necessarily having to sign up for the full year like with Gamepass?

I was going to wait until nearer the season anyway, so the free trial sounds like a good plan.

Pretty sure I'm going to get it.... I already cancelled BT sport, so I'm going to have to get my NBA fix somehow.
Yeah I normally just pay then cancel before the end of the month and pay again if I want to carry on the next month.
Old 18.08.2015, 09:48 AM
Pro Bowler

Schedules are now out for this. Looking forward to this season, seems a really open one this year, don't really know who I favor but think Warriors will be tough to beat but think the West looks even more brutal this year. Clippers look better and Thunder are going to be much improved if they have Durant & Westbrook fit.

Anyone going to any games?

I am out there in November and hoping to catch a couple which tie in with my schedule, planning on Pistons@Lakers & Raptors@Warriors
Old 18.08.2015, 01:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
Schedules are now out for this. Looking forward to this season, seems a really open one this year, don't really know who I favor but think Warriors will be tough to beat but think the West looks even more brutal this year. Clippers look better and Thunder are going to be much improved if they have Durant & Westbrook fit.

Anyone going to any games?

I am out there in November and hoping to catch a couple which tie in with my schedule, planning on Pistons@Lakers & Raptors@Warriors
Should be a great season. I like the Cavs if they stay injury free but Hoiberg taking over at the Bulls may be what they needed to get them to the finals. Agree about the West, tough one to call but hard to see past the Warriors at this stage. Clippers never quite seem to fulfil their potential but perhaps the Thunder/Rockets will give the Warriors the biggest challenge.

Interested to see how the Lakers do with Russell, Randle and if Hibbert can rediscover his form...but it's more just about enjoying Kobe Bryant play for what may be his last season.

No trips planned this year but I went out last year and saw the Bulls@Knicks. Hope it works out for you to catch the Pistons@Lakers.
Old 06.09.2015, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Eurobasket started yesterday.

A bit gutted it's not on TV. I really wanted to get a decent look at the Magic rookie (5th overall pick) Mario Hezonja playing for Croatia. He's a really intriguing prospect.

Plenty of other NBA talent on display in the tournament too.
Old 19.09.2015, 08:18 PM
Pro Bowler

I just bought tickets for Boston Celtics vs Dallas Mavericks 18th November to go along with my Bills @ Patriots ticket. I've never watched an NBA game in my life, so I'll need to start.
Old 19.09.2015, 09:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbrae View Post
I just bought tickets for Boston Celtics vs Dallas Mavericks 18th November to go along with my Bills @ Patriots ticket. I've never watched an NBA game in my life, so I'll need to start.
The season starts around that time so you've not got that much time to get into it before then to be fair.
Old 19.09.2015, 09:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
The season starts around that time so you've not got that much time to get into it before then to be fair.
Think it's their 11th game of the season, so I've got at least 10 chances to have a look.