The New England Patriots 2010 thread - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Old 27.04.2010, 07:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
I don't love the McCourty pick but I have faith he will turn out pretty darn good. Every one of our first round picks except Benjamin Watson starting from the 2003 draft are currently starters for us. But like I said it's still only an outside shot.
I think he could be the 3rd CB, with Bodden and Butler outside
Old 27.04.2010, 10:18 PM
Hall of Fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzR-Y...eature=related

Was mentioned on PFW
Old 29.04.2010, 11:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Cool video, looks like he could be a decent player, nice hands from the few bits of footage I've seen and he certainly isnt slow
Old 29.04.2010, 11:41 AM
Rookie

Who do those with better knowledge than me think will be starting at OLB next season. The depth chart at that position looks really thin. Are they expecting Cunningham to start straight away?
Old 29.04.2010, 12:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
Who do those with better knowledge than me think will be starting at OLB next season. The depth chart at that position looks really thin. Are they expecting Cunningham to start straight away?
Probably somebody that isn't even on the team yet.
Old 29.04.2010, 11:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Probably somebody that isn't even on the team yet.
I'd agree with this, else say TBC andddddd...

If he's healthy, Crable maybe. It's my utterly wild outside guess
Old 30.04.2010, 03:52 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFireBlade View Post
I'd agree with this, else say TBC andddddd...

If he's healthy, Crable maybe. It's my utterly wild outside guess
At this point our starters at OLB look like being Banta-Cain and one of Woods or Ninkovich with Cunningham possibly being a factor as well but thats a long shot IMO.

I doubt any others will get much of a look in TBH. Crable would have to do something pretty special from now untill the start of the season to be one of our starters at OLB and I don't think Murrell has been much more than a special teams player throughout his career.

There's always a chance that Burgess could be back with us for next season. His performances improved towards the end of last season so he could be a late addition to the roster if BB isn't satisfied with what we have.
Old 30.04.2010, 04:33 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
I think TBC becomes a full time starter, and I think Ninkovich might well have won the starting job by the time the pre-season games start. What is concerning is the size of both players - 6'2" 250lbs-ish. As we saw with Tully last year, he was superb rushing the passer, but when it came to setting the edge he was awful.

Tedy Bruschi stated last week the Pats want 6'5" guys because they need to be that tall really affect both phases of the game, in terms of seeing over the line, getting their arms into the passing lanes, as well as engaging blockers. It's easier for 6'2" guys to do it if they're the ones attacking (a la the Steelers), but when you're the one holding your ground, it's a much different matter.
Old 30.04.2010, 04:34 PM
GOAT

graz, I'd love to see Burgess back.
Old 30.04.2010, 06:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
graz, I'd love to see Burgess back.
Indeed, I could think of worse things than bringing Burgess back. I'm actually a little surprised we haven't had much contact, or at least don't appear to have had much contact with him.

Overall LB still looks to be one of the weaker positions on the team. I'm a little less concerned about ILB now as I think we have some depth there provided Spikes and McKenzie can make contributions this season. It was actually quite encouraging to read that McKenzie was quite involved with the team last season despite being injured. I can remember BB spoke quite highly of the guy last season and with his experience from last season I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him ahead of Spikes at the SILB position, provided he's healthy. Maybe thats a little optimistic though.