Anyone interested in a potential new nfl podcast? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 15.02.2017, 01:04 PM
Rookie

Default Anyone interested in a potential new nfl podcast?

Hi guys and girls,

This is probably a very random thread but here goes......

I'm an avid nfl fan and have been for 8+ years and have been thinking about starting a podcast about the nfl and also a bit about betting on the nfl (in season).
Just basically a real down to earth fun podcast and yes I know there are some very good ones out there!

Just thought I would put some feelers out and see if anyone would be interested in getting involved. I've never done this before so it would be new to me.

I am based in South London but anyone.... Anywhere in the world who would be interested in this would be greeted with open arms obviously.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks,

Jamie.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.02.2017, 05:38 PM
Rookie

I would guess not.
Old 17.02.2017, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry you haven't had any responses so far, you might have more luck on the Facebook group...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/300703...?ref=bookmarks
Old 18.02.2017, 09:56 PM
MVP

Personally I think the NFL podcast market is pretty saturated and I wouldn't want to add any more into my rotation, but that's just me and if you want to do it you should do it. I listen to Ross Tucker, Around the NFL, Talk Sport 2's NFL Show, Move the Sticks and a Steelers one. That's enough! There are plenty more I could choose to listen to as well but don't. I only wish the other things I'm interested in had as much podcast coverage as the NFL.
Old 19.02.2017, 02:15 PM
Rookie

Hi Jamie - I don't believe the NFL podcast world is saturated. I'm part of the Next Fan Up podcast which is "by the fans for the fans". We cover all teams and the contributors not only know the depth of their team's roster right down to the backup long snapper but also love their team which is a vital aspect! Getting into podcasting isn't easy - we find Twitter is important - but you need lots of effort and time. Editing skills are important and getting good sound quality is really important. Plus you need interesting characters, avoid the explicit tag (!) and dedication.

Neil
(@nextfanup)
Old 19.02.2017, 08:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Personally I think the NFL podcast market is pretty saturated and I wouldn't want to add any more into my rotation, but that's just me and if you want to do it you should do it. I listen to Ross Tucker, Around the NFL, Talk Sport 2's NFL Show, Move the Sticks and a Steelers one. That's enough! There are plenty more I could choose to listen to as well but don't. I only wish the other things I'm interested in had as much podcast coverage as the NFL.
I tend to agree.

New NFL podcasts need a differentiator to stand out, the generic general pan 32 current state of NFL podcasts tend to blur into one another for me.

If I want actual Bills content, there are a couple of great ones, but for general content ATN does a great job, the NFL Fantasy live one is good for fantasy football, and MTS is interesting enough usually (although I dont think it is as good at is was). But right now I'm really into the draft specific ones, First Draft being the best for me along with On the Clock

So my advice to the OP would be to do something to stand out, make something different, you wont be able to out knowledge the existing ones, there are too many professional NFL journos doing a podcast now, but if you find a niche take it would help your success.
Old 21.02.2017, 09:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I tend to agree.

New NFL podcasts need a differentiator to stand out, the generic general pan 32 current state of NFL podcasts tend to blur into one another for me.

If I want actual Bills content, there are a couple of great ones, but for general content ATN does a great job, the NFL Fantasy live one is good for fantasy football, and MTS is interesting enough usually (although I dont think it is as good at is was). But right now I'm really into the draft specific ones, First Draft being the best for me along with On the Clock

So my advice to the OP would be to do something to stand out, make something different, you wont be able to out knowledge the existing ones, there are too many professional NFL journos doing a podcast now, but if you find a niche take it would help your success.
Ah I forgot about the First Draft one, thanks for reminding me. Worth listening to that one now and probably tuning out of the Steelers specific one... detailed analysis of futures contracts and OTA schedules a little too involved for me!

The other one I like is the Business of Sports with Andrew Brandt - as you say, it does something different.

Compare this to my other sport, cycling, where there is 1 excellent podcast and not much more that is listenable, certainly year-round. Not even anything in French or Italian, which given the sport is far more entrenched in those countries just goes to show you how far behind on podcasting most countries are compared to the US and UK.
Old 22.04.2017, 11:34 AM
Rookie

I don't think it can hurt to start one up and see where it goes. Yeah there are a few podcasts out right now but personally I'm always happy to listen to more. I listen to Around the NFL, Dave Dameshek, The Fantasy Footballers and then a fan podcast of my team Better Rivals 49ers Podcast. I'll listen to the Ross Tucker podcast, purely if I've run out of things to listen to but i think if it's interesting and good fun then you can't go wrong. If you give it a go and it doesn't work out then at least you gave it a shot really. If you do start it up, PM me and I'll keep an eye out for it

Last edited by _Mattok; 22.04.2017 at 09:52 PM.

Tags
nfl , podcast