Premier League Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 02.09.2008, 06:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Default Re:Premiership Thread

[quote author=49ers Morgan link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=15#msg941212 date=1220378365]
[quote author=Michelob The Unmeltatable Flying Snowman link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=15#msg941077 date=1220368882]
Reports that Moyes is the favourite.
[/quote]

No chance of Moyes leaving us. For a start, why would he want to leave for a much smaller footballing club? Why would he (or anyone for that matter) want to manage that joke of a football club.

As someone said on a previous post, i also have become to despise Newcastle over the past few years so also find the whole situation very, very amusing, as the club with the most deluded fans in the world is crumbling again.
[/quote]

I pretty much already said in the very same post that there was no chance he would take it, so why are you asking me ???

I can see other clubs without multi billionaire investment becoming like Newcastle in years to come.

Keegan is now staying anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.09.2008, 06:27 PM
All Pro

It wasn't directed to you, more like in general.
Old 03.09.2008, 09:36 AM
All Pro

If I was Newcastle i'd get rid of the lot of them!!
Get the board to give Ashley a vote of no-confidence and get rid of him, cos he's clearly numb! Then sack Keegan for being a cry baby and for somehow thinking Joey Barton deserves a "second" chance......and by second he means SEVENTH!

Get some new investment in the club, and get in a manager for the long-term that is willing to work with whats already at the club and not just spit his dummy out when he can't sign new players
Old 03.09.2008, 09:40 AM

How do you sack the owner?

This from the local press seems to outline most of it

Quote:
Yesterday’s events began with Keegan flying into a rage at Newcastle’s Longbenton training ground following Monday’s purchase of Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez – players he had not asked to be signed – and the club’s attempt to sell Joey Barton and Michael O w e n ahead of M o n d ay ’s t r a n s f e r deadline.

He then travelled to St James’ Park for a meeting with Llambias, which is understood to have ended in a slanging match.

Keegan left the ground in a hurry and returned to his home to consider his future, and at that time it was believed that the club had told the former European Footballer of the Year that he had been sacked.

But as the day progressed and the crowds outside St James’ Park began to swell, a series of increasingly frantic meetings at the ground ended with club officials attempting to broker a compromise agreement that would enable Keegan to remain as manager.

Newcastle’s coaching staff have been told to expect Keegan at training this morning as usual, but yesterday’s events have exposed the deep divisions within the St James’ Park boardroom and made his position all but untenable.
Old 03.09.2008, 10:57 AM
All Pro

If Ashley owns the club outright (i.e Abramovic/Glazer) then you can't plain and simple. However if he's part of a consortium then the remaining members of the board can take a vote of no confidence and force him to step down.

Newcastle simply need a clean-sweep! If its true that Xisco and Gonzalez were signed without Keegans knowledge then Keegan for once has a right to go mental! But he also needs to understand that the Newcastle board and marketing team will want rid of Barton ASAP!

I feel for the Magpie fans I really do, cos it doesn't look like your club is going to be stable for a good while yet
Old 03.09.2008, 01:34 PM
All Pro

Curbs has quit West Ham now, what a crazy week
Old 03.09.2008, 02:45 PM
All Pro

What a pantomime the premiership has become, Man City the richest club in the world, lining up bids for Ronaldo, Torres, Messi etc, the never-ending farce that is Newcastle, chairman pretending to be 1 of the boys downing pints in the away end with his King Kev replica jersey on while Joey Barton swaggers about on the pitch, West Ham's manager resigning whilst his team are 5th in the league with the fans boos still ringing in his ears, and there's still another 17 clubs!!
Old 03.09.2008, 03:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Premiership fans in general (for the regular participants) are spoilt little children. Rather like the OF up here
Old 03.09.2008, 03:36 PM
Team Captain

The Transfer Window is proving to be a death wish for all the clubs outside the top 2! the stress and urgency of it all has clubs making panic last minute decisions in regards to transfers!

Prem gone money mad!
Old 03.09.2008, 03:52 PM
All Pro

It has been almost as though managers want to sign ANYONE rather than nobody!?
Surely they must have a list of people at each position that they feel they need to strengthen.....but Monday just seemed like organised chaos!

Tags
better than istanbul , cardiff are going down , crystanbul , dumb predictions r us , joses always crying , rodgersspecalistinfailure , sunderland are cheats , swansea are going down. , swansea town=down , team news spies , the fix is in , utd fans = easy targets