PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2846 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 01.01.2018, 05:00 PM
All Pro

Cant disagree with you MRidge
Gase started out as a disciplinarian but the on field discipline is appalling, yellow flags galore all season and two ejections last night.
I mentioned in a previous post he needs an experienced former HC as both offense and defense coordinators and he needs to give up play calling and take an overall game management view of the game.
I thought Fales gave a pretty good account of himself last night for a first start in a Dolphins uniform (I'm not counting the useless lump of lard that is Cutlers first series)
Now get on with culling those who are a waste of oxygen as coaches and players and move on. It looks like Ross is giving both the FO and coaches one more year.
We draft at 11
Here's next years opponents

Home Games
Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Oakland Raiders

Away Games
Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Cincinnati Bengals

Last edited by Neptune; 01.01.2018 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01.01.2018, 05:08 PM
All Pro

How the Miami Herald sees the Dolphins cap space issues

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...192426469.html
Old 01.01.2018, 06:27 PM
All Pro

Our UFAs
Jarvis Landry, Jay Cutler, William Hayes, Damien Williams, Anthony Fasano, Jermon Bushrod, Koa Misi, Nate Allen, Michael Thomas, Matt Moore, John Denney, Alterraun Verner, Sam Young, David Fales, Walt Aikens, Cody Parkey and Terrence Fede.
Old 02.01.2018, 11:50 AM
All Pro

Gonna agree with most of the above comments.

First on this site and its exponential decline which is a shame as used to have an excellent dolphins forum and good gameday chat, especially vital for late games when trying to keep awake.

Second on comments on a bit of an odd season where we showed glimpses, but lack of consistency, except our lack of discpline - I've said long time good teams don't lack discipline, and obviously Cutler up and down big detractors.

Free agent list has one standout name at its front, rest are indifferent, Damien Williams likely back as demand limited I'd say, Michael Thomas interesting and would guess gets an offer bigger than we give. Denney hopefully comes back for min

Julius, Timmons, James all will be cut. Pouncey restructre possible. Hopefully do same with Alonso as he is extremely limited, as is Branch. Wake as the Herald points out might be interesting.

Landry, the WR cash and Suh problem will be interesting. Suh is dominant, one of the best in the league at his position. But is it that vital a position for that cap hit. And Stills contract makes Landry more difficult. But Parker's disappointment might make it easier.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we went massively all-in with Suh, Landry and try hit a couple of big names before we have to reset, but equally, could see us dealing Suh, one of Stills/Landry leaving and going QB early and resetting now.

Hard to call.

Last edited by bryanod; 02.01.2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04.01.2018, 10:23 AM
Team Captain

Dowell Loggains is hired as our new OC and will assume the previous role of Clyde Christensen.

Bears fans are rejoicing that he is out of Chicago and my immediate reaction was to fear the move.

However, something has to be behind the speed with which this move was made. Jeff Darlington eased the panic (a little) on Twitter with a stream of messages explaining the move, summarised as follows:

- Loggains knows 'how to communicate' with Gase (which apparently CC didn't?)
- He has a great rapport with Gase
- Gase wasn't happy with some of the game plans drawn up by CC
- Gase will continue to call the plays
- CC may stay with the team to serve as a 'player mentor' in a reduced role

Loggains was brought on board at least having been known for delivering a balanced offensive attack and producing very a good running game in his years in Chicago.

He doesn't exactly come with a gleaming resume as a playcaller, but as that role will stay with Gase it's less of a concern and I believe the idea was to bring in an OC who understands Gase, his system and can deliver a good running game, as those duties were snorted up by Chris Foerster as the former OL coach and 'run game co-ordinator'.

Whilst on the face of it the choice may be surprising (especially to Bears fans) it least this doesn't feel like the Dolphins are taking the last available option at OC, having failed to bring in other candidates. They knew who they wanted and went out to get him before the playoffs have even started.

Other nuggets for those who didn't catch the press conference with Gase, Tannenbaum and Grier yesterday:

- Gase expects Tannehill to be the starter next year and to be 'stronger than ever'.
- Grier wants to pick the best player available, regardless of position.
- More generic gibberish from Mike Tannenbaum
- Jay Cutler won't be back (thank god!)
- The front office at least acknowledge that a lot of the moves they made before the season didn't work.
- Despite Cutler's performance, Gase believes bringing in Cutler was the right thing to do, so that he would have 2 QBs (inc Moore) who knew the system and were ready to play. He had anticipated some 'difficult times' along the way which lasted longer than expected.
- When asked how he thinks the season would have played out with Ryan Tannehill, Gase said "I think you know my answer". The guy clearly believes in him.

It's nice to see Ross a bit p***ed off with the results. To me, this season was definitely cursed with injuries and I remain hopeful for the future.

Time to start looking at draft prospects and forward to the 2018 season...
Old 06.01.2018, 12:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Another OC for Tannehill. The lack of continuity is worrying and a reflection on the downright poor Coaching personnel choices that have been made

Hoping that Suh considers restructuring his contract. Now in his 30's it has to be expected he has 2 -3 years top level play left. One hopes he realises with the clock ticking he's prepared to take a look at his contract to help other areas of the team to allow a recruitment that allows us a push at the playoffs

If not I'd consider dealing him, but no body will eat that contract

As for Landry if he want silly money I'd allow him to leave. He can be great but he's not that yet, not even close, even if he thinks he may be. As with Drake sat behind Ajayi, Jakeem Grant is a difference maker in waiting
Old 18.01.2018, 09:33 AM
Team Captain

The Dolphins are expected to announce the hirings of Kris Kocurek (Detroit) and Eric Studesville (Denver) to Gase's staff.

Kocurek will come in as DL coach and has been at Detroit since 2009, working with Suh for his first 5 years.

Studesville will replace Danny Barrett as RB coach and run-game co-ordinator. Last week he interviewed for the Giants' HC role and has a reputation for being touch but fair, getting players to work hard.

Gase reportedly wants to run a 2 RB system and the team desperately needs some depth behind Drake and Damien Williams (if he returns).

I'm already looking forward the draft. Another one of those years where you can make a strong argument for any of the following in Rd 1: G, RT, C, DE, LB, TE, RB, QB, CB, S.

It sure would help to have the Browns' draft picks this year - 12 picks overall with 5 in the first 2 rounds.
Old 23.02.2018, 01:25 PM
Team Captain

I think we badly need to rebuild our LB corps, i copy and paste this line every season but it looks like timmons is going and alonso was pretty average/poor as OLB this season. I like picking LBers as you can develop them into edge rushers as well sometimes, they can be quite versatile. Juan James decline at RT was a bit of a shock last season so he could be on the block as well. Well, at least we have an extra pick from trading superbowl winning Ajayi, woopdedoo
Old 24.02.2018, 11:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfives View Post
I think we badly need to rebuild our LB corps, i copy and paste this line every season but it looks like timmons is going and alonso was pretty average/poor as OLB this season. I like picking LBers as you can develop them into edge rushers as well sometimes, they can be quite versatile. Juan James decline at RT was a bit of a shock last season so he could be on the block as well. Well, at least we have an extra pick from trading superbowl winning Ajayi, woopdedoo
Timmons will be gone and McMillan is an unknown. Kiko Alonso isn't helped by being played out of position. I'd be surprised if we go early at LB and believe FO will want experience at the position

Avery Williamson or Zach Brown would be immediate upgrades
Old 13.03.2018, 09:28 AM
Team Captain

It's so quiet around here, so here's a bullet-point recap of the latest news from Dolphins land.

Jarvis Landry traded to the Browns for a 4th round (2018) and 7th round (2019) pick
Dolphins are cutting Suh on Wednesday saving $17m in cap space after 1 June 2018.
A contract offer is currently on the table for Ja'Wuan James.
The Dolphins might (or might not) be looking for a QB in round 1.
The Dolphins are looking closely at bringing in LB Avery Williamson
The Dolphins are currently 'frontrunners' to sign Chiefs FA receiver Albert Wilson.