16-0 Season - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 29.10.2011, 06:14 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBram2 View Post
I'm less worried by Detroit following their defeats at the hands of Atlanta and the 49ers. Took away a lot of their shine seeing them fail when they played their first really good, in-form teams
This is true.
Old 31.10.2011, 03:35 PM
Team Captain

Decided I'm not shaving until the Packers lose. Or win the Super Bowl, whichever comes first
Old 31.10.2011, 06:25 PM
Starter

Quote:
I'm less worried by Detroit following their defeats at the hands of Atlanta and the 49ers. Took away a lot of their shine seeing them fail when they played their first really good, in-form teams

Ford Field is going to be one hell of a tough game, too close to call today, lets just see how the Pack exit the bye week, then we will have a good idea where this years team is going, they need to step up a gear if they want to go all the way, even at 7-0 they are not as strong as the team that finished last season IMHO, and so far on the performances we have seen, I have some worries come playoff time unless they improve in all 3 phases of the game.
Old 31.10.2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Decided I'm not shaving until the Packers lose. Or win the Super Bowl, whichever comes first
Please chime in with my "You're Rubbish and We're Great" incursions onto our opponents' threads. It's the irresistible superstitious tradition that's kept us unbeaten since Christmas. And being beardy is unhygienic.
Old 31.10.2011, 11:05 PM
Pro

I think it's possible, but unlikely. If the Pack lock up the divsion early and they're 12-0 or 13-0, McCarthy will no doubt focus on getting everyone healthy for the playoffs rather than chasing 16-0, so you'll only see Rodgers, Woodson, Jennings, Finley, Matthews, Hawk, T. Williams etc. for a half. The reason I still think it's possible though is because many people underestimate how deep the Pack are. We won a Super Bowl a year ago using many players who were not everyday players. During training camp I remember seeing guys that were second and third on the depth chart getting an insane number of reps, in some cases as much as the starters. McCarthy runs a system where everyone is adecquately prepared to step in an any situation, and are expected to do so if need be. And Matt Flynn is a lot better of a QB than a handful of guys starting in this league, and he's a backup.

Having said that, it simply is too hard to win every game on your schedule. There are too many things that can happen: injuries, trap games, resting starters, teams with nothing to lose playing out of their minds, etc. There's a reason that it's only happened twice in history. And quite honestly, I think as cool as 16-0 would be, I would almost rather them be 14-2 or something and play more relaxed than being undefeated and playing every playoff game under the microscope and media scrutiny that would result, which is what the Patsies had to do a few years ago. One thing is for sure, undefeated or not, it's an exciting time to be a fan of this team.
Old 01.11.2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

C'mon man! Why shouldn't we make history?

But seriously, it IS exciting isn't it?
Old 01.11.2011, 12:46 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by menominee View Post
C'mon man! Why shouldn't we make history?

But seriously, it IS exciting isn't it?
I've only missed 4 home games since 1994, and of all the good teams I've seen the Pack have this one is the most exciting for me
Old 01.11.2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

Smile

You're my hero. I come across for a couple of games a year but they're mainly away.

Went to Atlanta and I'll be in Detroit and New York.

We are experiencing something extraordinary, aren't we? Not lost since CHRISTMAS!
Old 01.11.2011, 01:18 AM
Pro

You're going this year against Detroit on thanksgiving? That will be an amazing game, you'll enjoy it
Old 01.11.2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

I secretly hoped we'd meet unbeaten and the result would be uncertain. Now I'm pretty sure we'll be too good for the pussycats. New York will be the hard one.