NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 1040 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 12.09.2017, 04:33 PM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Having the adverts in the on demand full game was annoying. For me the big advantage of catching up on games (especially late ones) is time saved - as much as 1 hour of adverts cut out across a whole game. I tried moving the progress bar forward on the iPad whenever the ads came onto the Seahawks-Packers game but it was very hit and miss - hard to measure e.g. 2 mins. More than once I missed a big play or even a score because I'd tried to jump forward a few minutes. The lesson is don't jump forward, I guess. But I don't have time for an hour of adverts so I think unless it's an overnight Steelers game I'll have to limit on demand games to the 40 minute function.
Yes, this is terrible.

I assumed they hadn't cut them yet because I watched the archive game so soon. That used to be the case, it took a day or so previously for them to edit it.

But sitting through long periods of black screen is absurd.

The old interface at least had a -10/+10 second button and you could jump forward and back pretty well with that. Clicking on the bar is guesswork.

Surely the blank breaks will be cut going forward? I mean, it's almost no work at all. Just load up the file in a video editor, snip snip and it's done, everybody happy. An intern could do it.
Old 12.09.2017, 04:34 PM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants_BTGOG View Post
Just cancelled my free trial, I had every intention of signing up to Gamepass this year but I'm not paying £120 for a very poor product that cuts out and restarts every few minutes.

Gutted to be honest, but I used Gamepass a few years ago and the product was far better back then.

I'll stick to buying a now TV pass for the games I want to watch or spend the rest of the season looking for free now tv passes with Carling larger.
How much is Now TV for a game?

Might follow you down this route..

Although I suppose you have to watch it live that way? But could record it presumably (?).
Old 12.09.2017, 07:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk View Post

Although I suppose you have to watch it live that way? But could record it presumably (?).
i used now tv a couple of seasons back....

720p quality from what i remember but no option to record or even pause the live feed

this may have changed so please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 12.09.2017, 08:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk View Post

I'm not sure about recording it... I don't think you could because it works through your broadband. It isn't a TV channel per se. In the same way that you couldn't really record something on Gamepass or that you were watching on iPlayer. So I'm not sure it will help you for those middle of the night Thursday, Sunday or Monday Night Football games unfortunately.

The service itself is workable though as a reasonably priced solution for occasional sports needs. Not a solution for someone who wants regular access though, price wise. I used it for the first time last month as I wanted to watch the Spurs game and I don't have Sky, and i was happy with it - £6.99 for a 24-hour pass to all Sky Sports channels (the 24 hours start when you access it, it's not a calendar 24 hours). I believe for just under twice the price you could get access for 7 days.

There are several ways of doing this but I got a free Now TV box posted to my house, signed up for an account online, and then hooked the box up to my broadband router (it can work wirelessly if your router isn't near your TV but I prefer a cable as it is faster and more reliable) and then from the box to the TV with the supplied HDMI cable. So you access it on your TV through one of your HDMI channels much like you would do for Chromecast on Gamepass or if you have BT/Sky. If you do have BT you may be able to use Now TV through the inbuilt interface BT offers as an alternative to using a Now TV box (just like you can for iPlayer, More 4 etc).
Old 13.09.2017, 07:35 AM
Rookie

Where is the all 22? Should be up by now.
Going to be very disappointed if this is no longer going to be part of the gamepass service.
Old 13.09.2017, 10:22 AM
Pro

Took the free trial to watch the Ravens@Bengals game on Sunday, it was ok, bit jumpy at times.

Decided that a weekly sub will do, I only really watch the Ravens games live & only on a Sunday, so can spread cost out. So cancelled the full subscription, thinking I don't trust them enough to let it run til next Sunday then cancel it.

Free trial ends there and then! Most places let you keep the free trial going the rest of it!
Old 13.09.2017, 12:38 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB View Post
i used now tv a couple of seasons back....

720p quality from what i remember but no option to record or even pause the live feed

this may have changed so please correct me if i'm wrong
I am using the NOW TV app on a Samsung TV. No issues with it so far (except that when Neil Reynolds came on, my daughter asked why Lex Luthor was on TV).
It is still 720p, it looks really good though. No option to pause or record.
I paid £16.99 for the first month (used a 50% off code from eBay), then at renewal I said no, it asked are you sure, I said yes, would you renew for £20 a month for the next 3 months? Yes I would !
Old 13.09.2017, 02:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjcreed View Post
Where is the all 22? Should be up by now.
Going to be very disappointed if this is no longer going to be part of the gamepass service.
Just got told on twitter dm that its coming in next few days.
Old 13.09.2017, 04:28 PM
Pro

Default Discount code acepted but full price taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrr View Post
Phew, pleased to say mine went through at the correct discounted price, however if you don't get any joy please let me know as i have a call with the new company scheduled for Tuesday
Any joy with this. I signed up last sat using the discount code E Mail says full price I have E mailed Twice but as of yet I have had no reply. Dont want to cancel but dont want to be taken for a ride either. Quite like the new one and apart from a small interference issue at times not much difference to what I was doing last year
Old 13.09.2017, 07:40 PM
Hall of Fame

goodgrr, if you happen to speak to the CEO again be sure to tell him from me that he is a moron.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super