Week 13. MNF on Sky. Steelers @ Bengals. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 05.12.2017, 05:01 AM
MVP

Bye Marvin, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 17-3 up, couldn't match the adjustments the Steelers made, he just sits there on sideline with mouth open unsure as to what to do. Knew it was too good to be true at half time.

Once again out-coached, the D turned to jelly, no pressure, dial up some blitz or something Guenther! Obviously wasn't getting there with 4 man rush but rather than doing anything just continued to do send 4 man rushes. Dre Kirk can't cover to save his life, penalty machine.

O crumbled, 13 second half yards is horrific.

Positives, Gio was amazing, Dalton was great in the first half, but Lazer seems to have this issue where he goes away from what was working in the first half, he's done it numerous times this season.
Old 05.12.2017, 06:22 AM
All Pro

The Bengals failing to win and choking in a prime time game?

Well I never!

Honestly if Marvin Lewis is still HC there next season the fans shouldn’t turn up
Old 05.12.2017, 07:57 AM
GOAT

a truly terrible call on the long Green TD, refs jut like throwing those flags.
Old 05.12.2017, 10:06 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
Refs were mental last night, even the one on the Steelers kick return TD was iffy as it looked like our guy was falling to start off with. They were really really bad last night.

But if that call on the Green TD is holding then you might as well call it every play.

Quote:
The Bengals failing to win and choking in a prime time game?

Well I never!

Honestly if Marvin Lewis is still HC there next season the fans shouldn’t turn up
Even I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach at half time knowing we'd somehow throw it away, Lazer once again went away from what worked. It's just so frustrating as that was probably the best half of football we've played all season, everything was clicking, blocking, passes, run game, D making plays.

If Marv is there next year, then it tells everyone that Mike Brown isn't bothered about getting us into serious contenders and would just like to sit in the back seat.

Ah well, that's our extremely slim playoff hopes over, and hopefully another nail in the Marvin Lewis coaching coffin.

Last edited by Dragonic; 05.12.2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05.12.2017, 11:23 AM
All Pro

I will have to watch the game properly. only caught the condensed highlights. But i have never hated a coach more than Tomlin. Not because of the Steelers record against us, but the guy is a thug hype man and it works for the bunch of head hunting douche bags that play on his team, but he encourages it no doubt.

Marvin might not have guys like Burfict under control but he ain't encouraging that crap like Tomlin does, its filtered right through his coaching staff also. I don't care what he says to the media. Some of the crap he has pulled in his time. I'm waiting for the Karma train to come around on him. Ill be cheering it on for sure. On a side note JuJu is quickly turning in to one of those douche-bag types also. That team is just full of them. Yet the Media won't say a thing.

Anyway ... back to the result. i expected a bigger loss, which just shows to me the Steeler's aint anything special, they will get smashed in the playoffs so its all for nothing at this point. The loss also hopefully puts another Nail in the Marvin Lewis coffin along with the rest of the coaching staff.
Old 05.12.2017, 01:58 PM
All Pro

Hoping Shazier recovers. It looked like a very serious injury. As for the game, this Steelers team are a bunch of pretenders, New England are gonna murder them in the playoffs should they meet.
Old 05.12.2017, 06:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
the officials where so one-sided last night.the Bengals got hosed,the 2 long PI calls where ticky tack.

wonder if JuJu gets a suspension for his hit on Burfict.the blindside shot looked bad but then to stand over him may force the league's hand.

also did I miss A Brown getting his concussion test after he was hit helmet to helmet on his TD catch?
Old 05.12.2017, 08:51 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBoy View Post
I will have to watch the game properly. only caught the condensed highlights. But i have never hated a coach more than Tomlin. Not because of the Steelers record against us, but the guy is a thug hype man and it works for the bunch of head hunting douche bags that play on his team, but he encourages it no doubt.

Marvin might not have guys like Burfict under control but he ain't encouraging that crap like Tomlin does, its filtered right through his coaching staff also. I don't care what he says to the media. Some of the crap he has pulled in his time. I'm waiting for the Karma train to come around on him. Ill be cheering it on for sure. On a side note JuJu is quickly turning in to one of those douche-bag types also. That team is just full of them. Yet the Media won't say a thing.

Anyway ... back to the result. i expected a bigger loss, which just shows to me the Steeler's aint anything special, they will get smashed in the playoffs so its all for nothing at this point. The loss also hopefully puts another Nail in the Marvin Lewis coffin along with the rest of the coaching staff.
Tomlin is everything you want in a coach, a leader and a man that wins games. Classless is defending a man like Burfict, Juju’s behaviour after a hit that was about 6 inches out was unacceptable and that was addressed in his post match in which he derided Juju’s behaviour, but don’t let that get in the way of your “it’s never our fault” rhetoric. Bengals set a franchise record for penalties, that tells the story.

The bloke above you talks a lot of sense, the Green TD should have stood, as should the return from the Steelers. It’s hard to pinpoint where this game changed but sure scoring just before the half was crucial and some big drops in key areas from the bengals.

We are 10-2, somehow, there are worse issues to have. The bengals have all the fundamentals in personel to be a good football team, their head coach lacks the fundamentals to get anything out of them.

We always Dey.
Old 05.12.2017, 09:32 PM
Pro

Juju's problem was his taunting after the hit, if you look closely the contact was initally shoulder to front of the chest before the head.

Without the taunt i wonder if he would have been suspended - hard to believe it is the same punishment as Gronk's after the play attack. Anyway, it was on Burfict so no sympathy what so ever.

The AB touchdown was the worst hit of the game.

We need Haden back ASAP, leaving Sensenbaugh one on one with AJ was suicide and Burns can't be trusted either. Thankfully the wet conditions ended up resulting in some big Bengal drops in the 2nd half.
Old 05.12.2017, 10:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazamctrfc View Post
The bengals have all the fundamentals in personel to be a good football team, their head coach lacks the fundamentals to get anything out of them.
Tell us something we don't know xD

Marv has overseen almost 2 seperate eras (Palmer/Ocho Cinco and Dalton/Green era) with us and still we lack a playoff win, sure it's great he got us out of the funk we were in when he got here but I mean come on his playoff record is abysmal and only we would keep someone on who's had so many cracks at a playoff win only to fail every time.

I'm not going to lie, I absolutely despise the Steelers, but they just have that knack of winning. Will you do anything in the playoffs? Probably not, New England has sorted it's D out and you've been run close by some pretty poor teams this year.

Roll on the draft. Be nice to draft someone who could actually suit up on weekends *CoughJohnRossCough*