NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 1129 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 20.07.2018, 10:24 AM
Pro

I have Sky and BT, but I've been lucky to watch any NFL game throughout the season in HD via 'other' sources.
I'd sooner pay a few pounds a month to them rather then have the issues that a vast majority of folks have with GP.
Old 20.07.2018, 10:31 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelig View Post
Just canceled my auto renew as well. I am torn like many others beween wanting to watch the games and not paying way too much money for way too little quality. But for now, I will let it run out on August 1 and just wait.

And the longer I wait, the less attractive the whole package becomes... because the playoff games I can watch all on regular TV. So you pay for something you get for free anyway (at least here in Germany). So the only stuff I am looking for are the 16 regular season games of my Falcons but paying 160€ for 16 games is insane, think about it, that‘s 10 bucks per game for the worst image quality in all of sports streaming... and they stopped offering different plans, like follow your team or just regular season without playoffs. It is now one hefty price and one package, which obviously isn‘t for everyone... especially with that **** poor quality.

Maybe they read that, but seriously either offer superb quality worthy of that hefty price (60fps like MLB and NBA are offering) or bring back more individual packages (follow you team and the choice between just regular season or regular+playoffs). The combination of poor quality and lack of individual package option is just a complete rip off.
Great post. NFL/Deltatre please note. Give us something worth what you are charging or give us the option to just pick what we want at a reduced cost.
Old 20.07.2018, 10:52 AM
All Pro

This time of year again, I've managed to lower the Sub in the past by VPN but seems to be harder every year. As a valued subscriber they are offering me $199 or basically £13 more than just paying the standard £139.99 Price LOL

Anyway turned that off and tried every European country under the sun to lower the price with no joy. But i did notice topcashback are doing 10.5% cashback which is decent. So got it down to £125 roughly. So that's the best i can find.
Old 20.07.2018, 02:22 PM
Pro

They have leveled the prices for all European countries, no point anymore to compare prices with a VPN. You can say what you want but they are ruthless in their efforts to maximize revenue. That is as long as people actually pay... with no reduced price in Spain etc, with no regular season only package and with no follow your team package, a substantial number of people are asked to pay alot more. We‘ll see how that works for them after July 31.
Old 23.07.2018, 01:40 PM
All Pro

I did notice price difference across the EU mind. But when comparing to the GBP is was never cheaper. I think one or two countries came close at £142 after conversion. Some EU countries were 159 Euro other 179 Euro and some a bit more again, i think the worst i saw was close to 250 Euro.
Old 23.07.2018, 03:05 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Great post. NFL/Deltatre please note. Give us something worth what you are charging or give us the option to just pick what we want at a reduced cost.
Agreed, great post. I have cancelled my auto renewal also, if they don't come out & guarantee a better service than last year I will not be back.

Besides, I had 2 accounts one with @googlemail & I wanted to move to @gmail... I cancelled my auto-renewal on one, they refused to acknowledge it was still me & withdrew my loyalty bonus. They were very cold, if it hadn't have been last minute I would have searched elsewhere. This time I have time.

Where I do appreciate we are offered this service, I don't appreciate the poor support, poor feeds & I hate the Blackouts.

It will take a lot for me to come back...
Old 23.07.2018, 08:53 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBoy View Post
I did notice price difference across the EU mind. But when comparing to the GBP is was never cheaper. I think one or two countries came close at £142 after conversion. Some EU countries were 159 Euro other 179 Euro and some a bit more again, i think the worst i saw was close to 250 Euro.
True, though I meant they raised all EU countries to at least the level of the biggest countries and eliminated the discounted prices for some countries like Spain, which always had a lower price in the past. I can‘t blame them for THAT but looking at the greater picture, they have been very busy in trying to squeeze more bucks out of the customer by all means possible.

If they would put half of that energy into someting useful, we would not have this discussion. But since they are so revenue aware, maybe some more canceled renews would serve as a wake up call.
Old 23.07.2018, 10:15 PM
Rookie

I've just cancelled my auto-renew as well.
I've been on board for many years and have always championed the product to anyone who asked me about it before last season's fiasco.

I'm waiting to see if any information is forthcoming about alternatives to the 'Best Value' Pro Package before the auto-renew window closes. The 'Learn more' video on the site also mentions being able to 'keep a close eye on your favourite team', which again implies that there is an alternative to Pro. So where is it and how much does it cost?

I am really expected to auto-renew at £140 without knowing what the alternatives are?

If that information doesn't come to light before the window shuts, then I feel like we are being taken for mugs, and that's what I find distasteful, again with last year's frustrating and woeful experience as a backdrop to it all.
Old 23.07.2018, 10:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttditkus View Post
I've just cancelled my auto-renew as well.
I've been on board for many years and have always championed the product to anyone who asked me about it before last season's fiasco.

I'm waiting to see if any information is forthcoming about alternatives to the 'Best Value' Pro Package before the auto-renew window closes. The 'Learn more' video on the site also mentions being able to 'keep a close eye on your favourite team', which again implies that there is an alternative to Pro. So where is it and how much does it cost?

I am really expected to auto-renew at £140 without knowing what the alternatives are?

If that information doesn't come to light before the window shuts, then I feel like we are being taken for mugs, and that's what I find distasteful, again with last year's frustrating and woeful experience as a backdrop to it all.
I think there really is no point to keep auto renew active with Deltatre. Especially if you are already on the £140/160€ plan. People can still pay that if they want early september... or they might realize, they don‘t need it, don‘t want it anyway.

Deltratre does not seem to be interested in a long term relation with its customers (no 60fps planed at all for the future, ignoring customer history with nfl gamepass), so customers should respond equally. And before someone says, they might show loyality in the future, think about it: this would only mean grandfathering the current £140/160€ plan, which they so nicely will offer to you again in 2019 when new and returning customers are supposed to pay what? £180/200€?
Old 24.07.2018, 06:30 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttditkus View Post
I'm waiting to see if any information is forthcoming about alternatives to the 'Best Value' Pro Package before the auto-renew window closes.

I am told that on Aug 1st latest you will have complete pricing info for the Essential plan and details of the new plan to replace Starter.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super