NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 1140 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 08.08.2018, 10:20 AM
All Pro

To give other an idea.

I use my PC (Chrome Browser)

1st Gen Chromecast and 2nd Gen Chromecast (from my LG G6) and all work fine. I do miss the good old days of being able to manually chose bitrate. But touch wood no issues on my limited use so far.
Old 08.08.2018, 11:44 AM
Rookie

Default Game in 40 on Essential

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but I've been getting "not available as part of your subscription" for Game in 40 highlights despite renewing on Essential.

Just been told:

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, Game in 40 is part of the Essential package. This is a known issue and our technical team are working to fix it, sorry for the inconvenience.
Great start.
Old 08.08.2018, 12:50 PM
Rookie

I have just bought my first Game pass package for the upcoming season & have already watched the HOF game but there is one thing that is annoying me & that is rewinding & fast forwarding on both ps4 & fire tv:

It only rewinds/fast forwards in 5 second increments & if I pause it on fire tv after I un pause it just goes back to the start & on ps4 it won't pause at all.

Can anyone help troubleshoot these issues?

on a side note the streaming quality is excellent, far superior to the MLB, NBA & NHL UK streaming services.
Old 08.08.2018, 02:12 PM
Starter

Anyone else currently unable to login to game pass? No issues using same details on nfl.com...
Old 08.08.2018, 04:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRambles View Post
I'm really happy that I'm no longer a subscriber to Gamepass. It's become a premium price product, offering a second rate service, produced by an organisation that isn't even third rate. This will be my second year without live NFL football on television and my first year without a season ticket for the London games.
The NFL (or NFLUK) no longer get a free pass on this topic from me. I simply want a decent streaming service. MLB and NHL both offer a far superior product for a smaller outlay. I don't subscribe to the NBA service but know that is better too. Deltatre should have been removed as the managers of Gamepass when they were caught leaving false reviews. I, now, simply don't believe any positive reviews and their removal of the Twitter support feed simply emphasises that they aren't interested in the customer experience, only in hiding the bad feedback from suffering customers. Sorry NFL, a thirty year fan demands decent service and you're not providing it.
I'm in the same boat as you. After last season, there is NO WAY I would pay money to NFL GamePass under Delatre.

In my opinion, anybody who experienced last season's disaster and has decided to pay again must have rocks in their heads!

It's a shame because the service was great before last year and my viewing of NFL has taken a backwards step because of this, but I'm happy to be a previous customer who refuses to give another penny to the 'service' while Deltatre is offering it. Those who subbed before last year know it can be done right. It just isn't being done right with the new company.

The exit away from Twitter should be a sign that they're expecting similar problems to 2017.
Old 08.08.2018, 04:23 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry View Post
Anyone else currently unable to login to game pass? No issues using same details on nfl.com...
Now back in but Gamepass haven’t replied to my support ticket 2 hours later...
Old 08.08.2018, 09:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Contacted these 4 days ago & still haven't got a reply

Got done with this auto-renewal,it would have been nice if they at least sent me an e-mail before the robbing basterds took £140 out of my account. Did they only bring this in this year because I never had this happen before.

Asked for a refund,any chance of getting it back? Not worth it considering when you can watch all the games for free with a simple google search.
Old 08.08.2018, 10:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgall90 View Post
Contacted these 4 days ago & still haven't got a reply

Got done with this auto-renewal,it would have been nice if they at least sent me an e-mail before the robbing basterds took £140 out of my account. Did they only bring this in this year because I never had this happen before.

Asked for a refund,any chance of getting it back? Not worth it considering when you can watch all the games for free with a simple google search.
Their customer service is non-existent. Speak to your bank. These clowns overcharged me last season and my bank managed to reverse the charges and put a block on them from ever trying again.
Old 08.08.2018, 10:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmrscookiejar View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with the new NLF Europe Gamepass app on the Xbox One? When I log in I just get the black screen of death. I deleted the old app, but it didn't make any difference.

Hi Fella,

You are NOT alone!!

I discovered 2 issues earlier this summer. One of which was the IOS app no longer allowing us to watch downloaded content when truly offline. To be fair to Deltatre they fixed that issue within days with a new app version.

The other one however is the problem you have seen with the Xbox and it remains unresolved. I reported it to them weeks ago now but I was left in the dark. All I know is that it was apparently escalated to the development team.

Problem:

When launching the GP app on UK game consoles the app only intermittently works. When it fails it can stall before displaying the initial landing page, leaving you with a blank screen other than the app version number in the bottom left corner. If it makes it past the landing page it often still fails to load all of the in app pages, again leaving you with a blank screens but now with various tabs across the top. When you get lucky the app passes both the landing screen and actually fully loads the in app pages and you can watch happily. There seems to be no logic to when it works and does not, it can work 5 seconds after it failed or it may not work for 10 attempts to launch the app.

Investigation:

Since I spotted this weeks ago I thought the issue might be at my end so I tested every single relevant setting possible, all with no solution. I began to realise that this is a problem for more than myself. I reset my Xbox completely and re downloaded and installed the app. I found that the app was now loading and reaching the landing page every time, it seemed resolved by the rest!! I therefore went ahead and bought a new GP Pro sub only to find that after entering my username and password the old problem returned!! This tells me that the app runs fine locally on the Xbox until it needs to establish a connection with the GP servers for authentication. Sadly the problem does not apply to Xbox only, I have seen others with the exact same problem on the PS4!!

Work Around:

It seems to only be a problem when the app launches with credentials added therefore I have set my Xbox to never turn off and I find if I don’t “close” the app when playing other games (example) I can usually return to the open GP app and start watching it again.

Will it get resolved?

Deltatre have heard of the problem, for several weeks now. I have no idea how much if any effort is going into fixing it. We really need every impacted person logging it with Deltatre so that they see it as a major issue. I have done this but I am a little puzzled how more fans are not reporting this problem currently. Is watching GP via game consoles so rare or is it just a UK problem, or is it a problem for only a few who share an unknown factor. I am unsure but I expect it’s a problem with either a poorly developed app or GP back end servers.

Since the IOS apps appear to work ok to this point I am considering buying a lightening cable to connect my iPad to the TV because if I don’t currently have any faith in the Xbox app.

One thing that seems extra silly, there does not seem to be any method to reset my GP credentials within the Xbox GP app other than uninstalling the app!!

Rgds
Old 09.08.2018, 05:38 AM
Rookie

Many thanks Flexfan53 - I've been seeking confirmation that I was not the only person experiencing this problem for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexfan53 View Post
Hi Fella,

You are NOT alone!!

I discovered 2 issues earlier this summer. One of which was the IOS app no longer allowing us to watch downloaded content when truly offline. To be fair to Deltatre they fixed that issue within days with a new app version.

The other one however is the problem you have seen with the Xbox and it remains unresolved. I reported it to them weeks ago now but I was left in the dark. All I know is that it was apparently escalated to the development team.

Problem:

When launching the GP app on UK game consoles the app only intermittently works. When it fails it can stall before displaying the initial landing page, leaving you with a blank screen other than the app version number in the bottom left corner. If it makes it past the landing page it often still fails to load all of the in app pages, again leaving you with a blank screens but now with various tabs across the top. When you get lucky the app passes both the landing screen and actually fully loads the in app pages and you can watch happily. There seems to be no logic to when it works and does not, it can work 5 seconds after it failed or it may not work for 10 attempts to launch the app.

Investigation:

Since I spotted this weeks ago I thought the issue might be at my end so I tested every single relevant setting possible, all with no solution. I began to realise that this is a problem for more than myself. I reset my Xbox completely and re downloaded and installed the app. I found that the app was now loading and reaching the landing page every time, it seemed resolved by the rest!! I therefore went ahead and bought a new GP Pro sub only to find that after entering my username and password the old problem returned!! This tells me that the app runs fine locally on the Xbox until it needs to establish a connection with the GP servers for authentication. Sadly the problem does not apply to Xbox only, I have seen others with the exact same problem on the PS4!!

Work Around:

It seems to only be a problem when the app launches with credentials added therefore I have set my Xbox to never turn off and I find if I don’t “close” the app when playing other games (example) I can usually return to the open GP app and start watching it again.

Will it get resolved?

Deltatre have heard of the problem, for several weeks now. I have no idea how much if any effort is going into fixing it. We really need every impacted person logging it with Deltatre so that they see it as a major issue. I have done this but I am a little puzzled how more fans are not reporting this problem currently. Is watching GP via game consoles so rare or is it just a UK problem, or is it a problem for only a few who share an unknown factor. I am unsure but I expect it’s a problem with either a poorly developed app or GP back end servers.

Since the IOS apps appear to work ok to this point I am considering buying a lightening cable to connect my iPad to the TV because if I don’t currently have any faith in the Xbox app.

One thing that seems extra silly, there does not seem to be any method to reset my GP credentials within the Xbox GP app other than uninstalling the app!!

Rgds

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super