How do you watch the Pre-Season? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 08.08.2012, 08:24 PM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via MSN to Jarvatron
Default How do you watch the Pre-Season?

Having always simply followed pre-season via the use of short NFL.com highlights videos for the initial seven years of following football, I have encountered a bit of a conundrum.

Being a subscriber to NFL GamePass at such an early stage this time around, I now have access to all pre-season games, though I can't decide what way to go about viewing.

Originally I had planned to simply take in a few different games each week, though the games can become rather unbearable when countless undrafted rookies take the field. Therefore, I am now thinking of simply tracking how the starters fare in each game, allowing me to gain a wide perspective of how all of the 'regular depth charts' are shaping up prior to the beginning of the regular season.

Purely out of intrigue, I was wondering how others follow football during August? I just simply don't feel as though I'm gaining much, watching three quarters of football that feature players that will likely never make the roster.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 08.08.2012, 08:34 PM
Hall of Fame

I don't really go out of my way to watch it, tried doing so a few years ago and came to realise it just wasn't worth it really.

I'm happy just waiting it out until Week 1.

I think you are way overthinking this.

If you have GP, just flick through them one by one, if they are boring, move to the next one until you find one that is intriguing in any way.
Old 08.08.2012, 08:51 PM
Hall of Fame

I actually enjoy watching the pre season games, will watch every quarter of my Browns games. I actually like to see what the 3/4 string guy looks like in play, i want to see what our undrafted rookie DE can do up against a 2nd year guy trying to win a spot or trying to see why our 3 year kid who is still 4th string still cant beat a guy signed up off the street two weeks ago etc .

For example i want to see why our 2nd string TE Cameron has beat out Evan Moore this year
Old 08.08.2012, 08:51 PM
Pro

Preseason is pretty dull to be fair.

I watch the Giants to see how new players on the roster perform, maybe catch parts of games or condensed games where I may see a glimpse of how some hot tipped players for 2012 are going to perform, and I try to remember to not get too hyped for a match up as this is not real football!

Waiting for week 1 gameday is actually much more exciting as watching preseason can numb you a little to the big day, but on the flipside you have gamepass which means you love football.... so enjoy the fact you can watch whatever you want, when you want!
Old 08.08.2012, 09:29 PM
Rookie

Yes. I suspect that the condensed game feature on game pass will be useful for getting the feel for pre season minus the superfluous guff
Old 08.08.2012, 09:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I actually enjoy watching the pre season games, will watch every quarter of my Browns games. I actually like to see what the 3/4 string guy looks like in play, i want to see what our undrafted rookie DE can do up against a 2nd year guy trying to win a spot or trying to see why our 3 year kid who is still 4th string still cant beat a guy signed up off the street two weeks ago etc .

For example i want to see why our 2nd string TE Cameron has beat out Evan Moore this year
Could also be the highlight of your season mate!

I can see why Colts and Skins fans are excited to see Luck and RGIII but for most teams its about avoiding injury.
Old 08.08.2012, 10:02 PM
Starter

My plan is to watch the 1st quarter of all games until week 4 PS when I'll watch the 1st half of all games.

Should catch a reasonable standard of play this way IMO.
Old 08.08.2012, 10:21 PM
Pro

I quite enjoy the preseason, especially as there has been a famine of football, as a giants fan it was great to see the likes of Shockey and Cruz make huge impacts on preseason games.
You also get a glimpse of raw talent that the coaches are too scared to release in meaningful games as they may make rookie mistakes. Furthermore the human element of watching guys fight for their careers within the space of a few plays is fascinating tv.

Enjoy!
Old 08.08.2012, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'll watch all of the 4 Eagles games and plan on trying to catch some of the Skins game tomorrow to see what we'll be facing in RG3.

Other than that though, I'll just be watching a few highlights of other games for fantasy scouting purposes.
Old 09.08.2012, 08:38 AM
Team Captain

I only watch Giants games during preseason, looking to see who seems to be coming out on top at certain positions where there's competition.

ie who's gonna be the slot CB, the MLB, the LT, the RT ...

I won't look at Manning, Cruz or other locks to make the roster/to be starters.

Unless there's some crazy play on another game, I won't see any part of them.

Tags
gamepass , pre-season