Saturday / Sunday Roll Call + Meet Up - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 28.10.2013, 03:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
No, but I did see Vincent with a Shad tache and they did look eerily similar
Yupe he sure did but the Welsh accent gave him away!

Still best quote of the day has to be from the dolly bird at the Chysler car stand. In its full glory:

Dolly Bird: Are you Jags fans? (This is to three of us in Jags Jerseys!)

Pedal Bin: Yes!

DB: Well you old running star is coming to sign autographs in ten minutes, Fred West.

PB: Who?

DB: Fred West.

PB: Do you mean our former Pro Bowl Running Back Fred Taylor.

DB: Oh yes that's him. Why do I know Fred West then?

PB: He's a serial killer. And dead.

DB: OH! Well its not him then (giggles). What's the guy's name again? Taylor? I've been telling everyone Fred West.

Well let's be honest they're not picked for their brains! She also told us to queue in the wrong place!

However despite the 90 minute wait Fred was an absolute star. Took time to talk, shake hands, hug (not me honest although was tempted) have photos taken with everyone who queued up. Seemed genuinely pleased with the growing Jags support, now either he is the world's best actor or means every word he says (I'm going with the later).
Old 29.10.2013, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thank goodness it wasn't Fred West. They would've found Dolly Bird under his patio in 10 years time.
Old 29.10.2013, 12:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
However despite the 90 minute wait Fred was an absolute star. Took time to talk, shake hands, hug (not me honest although was tempted) have photos taken with everyone who queued up. Seemed genuinely pleased with the growing Jags support, now either he is the world's best actor or means every word he says (I'm going with the later).
We were gutted because after queuing in the wrong place (like you guys did) we had to join the back of the other queue and as I got to the front (literally, I was next) the steward said ''we don't have time anymore so you just have to go in, quick hello get the signature and let him move onto the next person''. I still snuck in a quick photo but would have loved to had a little more time to say hello!

So much for those crap orange bands

Fred 'west' Taylor is still a legend tho, it wasn't his fault
Old 29.10.2013, 01:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
We were gutted because after queuing in the wrong place (like you guys did) we had to join the back of the other queue and as I got to the front (literally, I was next) the steward said ''we don't have time anymore so you just have to go in, quick hello get the signature and let him move onto the next person''. I still snuck in a quick photo but would have loved to had a little more time to say hello!

So much for those crap orange bands

Fred 'west' Taylor is still a legend tho, it wasn't his fault
Not so much of legend lol, as noted elsewhere, I had to explain to a 49ers fan who he was while he noted he didn't really keep up with Jags players lol
Old 29.10.2013, 01:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Not so much of legend lol, as noted elsewhere, I had to explain to a 49ers fan who he was while he noted he didn't really keep up with Jags players lol
For every Jaguars fan Fred Taylor is a legend! Maybe not all around the NFL but in Jacksonville he sure is
Old 29.10.2013, 01:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
For every Jaguars fan Fred Taylor is a legend! Maybe not all around the NFL but in Jacksonville he sure is
It's the fact that barring Jerome Bettis every single eligable running back with more yards than Fred is in the HOF. And Fred isn't even heard of!

If there is anything that says Jaguars it's that...
Old 29.10.2013, 01:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's the fact that barring Jerome Bettis every single eligable running back with more yards than Fred is in the HOF. And Fred isn't even heard of!

Your not wrong there bud!

Makes me sick

We will show them in a couple of years tho!!!!!!!!
Old 29.10.2013, 01:54 PM
MVP

Quote:

Quote:
Your not wrong there bud!

Makes me sick

We will show them in a couple of years tho!!!!!!!!
Spot on guys. That's the trouble with being a small market and despite Fred's numbers he only finished 16 games in a season a few times and hence got tagged with the 'Fragile Fred' tag. Like Boselli should be in the HOF, sadly like Boselli and Brunnel Fred will have to be satisfied with being in The Pride Of the Jaguars.

Talking of Brunnel I'm surprised he wasn't around during the week.
Old 30.10.2013, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't rule out Boselli or Taylor for the HOF, but it'll very likely be as Seniors candidates. Boselli might've been the best of one of perhaps the greatest era ever for Left Tackles.
Old 30.10.2013, 03:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
I wouldn't rule out Boselli or Taylor for the HOF, but it'll very likely be as Seniors candidates. Boselli might've been the best of one of perhaps the greatest era ever for Left Tackles.
It's cruel that he was injured when he was. If he went on for another 3 or 4 years he'd be a lock
(Or that number of years if he didn't play in Jacksonville )