Gamepass not working on Roku, but does on others - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 18.06.2016, 08:27 AM
Rookie

Default Gamepass not working on Roku, but does on others

Hi everyone,

Anybody got any tips??

I've got the season plus game pass until July 2017. It works fine with my Apple TV, iOS devices and computer.

However, on the Roku, when I go to,say, a season game from 2014 condensed version, it asks me to sign in with my game pass account, signs in successfully, but then says I do not have the game pass entitlement (which I do, due to the other devices working!!)

I did think this might be the HDCP problem the roku sometimes has, as the iPlayer wasn't working, but I've now fixed that.

I have the streaming stick 3500EU

Thanks
Old 18.06.2016, 02:45 PM
Rookie

Update on this. NFL are aware of issue and are looking to fix.
Old 18.06.2016, 06:05 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnc722 View Post
Update on this. NFL are aware of issue and are looking to fix.
Taking their time about it. I have a Roku 2XS and it's not been working on that for months. I got sick of waiting and so bought an MHL for my phone.
Old 10.09.2016, 02:10 PM
Starter

Default Roku update

hi
has anybody got any news from customer services about the Roku update beyond the message -sorry we hope to have it working soon- which is what they have been saying for 4 weeks
Old 11.09.2016, 10:19 AM
MVP

In the same boat here, the NFL Roku app is telling me they are still in the process of 'updating for the 2016 season'.

It wouldn't let me log on last year and an email to Gamepass support did absolutely nothing.

The app doesn't seem to even work at all this year. In general I have a high opinion of NFL gamepass, but their support is poor and why say you can watch it on Roku when you simply can't?
Old 11.09.2016, 01:28 PM
Starter

my reply from Nfl digital care in the middle of the week was -that they were as sorry as me that the update was not done yet but would be hopefully soon!. The thing is that it worked fine for me last year just to watch the games & Nfl network on tv and the other programming on my laptop not sure what they are making better but they will not say, so go figure its actually worse
Old 04.09.2017, 11:01 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnc722 View Post
Hi everyone,

Anybody got any tips??

I've got the season plus game pass until July 2017. It works fine with my Apple TV, iOS devices and computer.

However, on the Roku, when I go to,say, a season game from 2014 condensed version, it asks me to sign in with my game pass account, signs in successfully, but then says I do not have the game pass entitlement (which I do, due to the other devices working!!)

I did think this might be the HDCP problem the roku sometimes has, as the iPlayer wasn't working, but I've now fixed that.

I have the streaming stick 3500EU

Thanks
Seems to be the same problem again this year.

I'm covered by apps on Xbox One and Apple TV 4 boxes in other rooms so I'll get to see the games but the ongoing problems with access via Roku and lack of access now for earlier versions of Apple TV and the Xbox 360 seem to be limiting the range of viewing options for customers.

The other problem is the lack of feedback from the NFL and the various makers of the boxes/consoles who all seem to blame each other.