Introductions - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 13.09.2009, 01:47 AM
Martinbronco's Avatar
Martinbronco Martinbronco is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 30.08.2007
Posts: 284
Default

Name: Martin
Age: 25
Location: Falkirk
Occupation: Student
Favourite Current Broncos: Champ Bailey, Eddie Royal, Peyton Hillis
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, John Lynch
Best memory: The Superbowl wins. It was early days in my support for the Broncos. Originally started supporting them midway through the season when I was looking for a team, heard about Elway never winning one and as I always support the underdog, I thought why not. The end story was a true sport classic. Since then there's been some real highlight one off matches - the one that still stands out is the San Diego win last season. It was incredible on so many levels. The other is the 2005 play off win against New England to end their streak. Will never forget that Bailey interception when he ran virtually the entire length of the field and the Patriot guy knocked the ball out of bounds on the one yard line!
Worst memory: Quite a few of the crucial matches towards the end of the seasons. The biggest one was the Pittsburgh play off match in 2005. A home match with a chance to play Seattle in the Super Bowl, it was a massive opportunity and so disappointing. Last year's home match against Buffalo was a bigger disappointment for me than the San Diego one that followed, that was the match that they blew the play offs. Other mention was the San Francisco game in 2006. Win at home against a poor team for the play offs but lost in over time and then the news of Darrent Williams after it.
Fan Since: 1997[/QUOTE]

Quite funny to see so many Scots!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 13.09.2009, 08:57 AM
P-Mac's Avatar
P-Mac P-Mac is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 13.06.2009
Posts: 256
Default

Small world Martin, I live about 3 miles from Falkirk ad have a season ticket at Falkirk stadium
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 22.09.2009, 11:19 AM
ELWAY DA KING's Avatar
ELWAY DA KING ELWAY DA KING is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 23.01.2007
Posts: 274
Default

NAME Eamonn

AGE 36

LOCATION Co Derry

OCCUPATION bricky

FAV CURRENT BRONCOS bm15

FAV EX BRONCOS je7 sa27 jl47

WORST MEMORY by a mile, losing the afc c,ship to buffalo in jan 1992. teadwell missed 3 fgs that would have sent us to the superbowl. i never cryed as much in my time as a broncos fan.

BEST MEMORY apart from the obvious suoerbowl wins, i,ll have to go with that oilers game back in the day, that others have gone with here, pure theatre, pure elway.

FAN SINCE well i watched the 1st half of the superbowl v the giants, with no real intrest in the sport, but just puck the broncos. started watching the sport full time the following season, and just stuck with em, and glad i did. I COULD NEVER SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM.

FAV PLAYER FROM NFL TEAMS none
FAV EX PLAYER by a mile, barry sanders.


This november im going over with a mate to the chargers and giants games, on the sunday, and thanksgiving nite (hope that make us jelous?) tis my 3rd year in a row heading over to invesco, and no matter what the result(s) i,ll just keep going back, once a bronco, always a bronco.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 25.09.2009, 02:59 PM
fellop's Avatar
fellop fellop is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.02.2008
Posts: 144
Default

Name: Peter

Age: 60

Resides: North East

Started following the Broncos: In 1968 I was in the Army and at the time going out with an American girlfriend from Denver who was working the summer in UK. When she returned to Denver I was posted to the Middle East for 18 months and we wrote to each other [how romantic]. When I returned to the UK in 1969 I went to Denver to stay with said girlfriend for a ten day holiday, the whole family were Bronco fans, this was at the Old Mile High Stadium, I thought I better become a fan if I wished our romance to progress...........need I say more. Sadly the girlfriend is long gone but I am still a fan.

Favourite Bronco: Has to be John Elway and I better mention Champ Bailey of as I have his number on my Bronco shirt and I do think when he is good he is very good.

Best memory: The Super Bowls 1997 / 98 of course. Any game they win is a good memory.

Worst Memory: Well there has been a few over the years but I don’t dwell on them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27.09.2009, 04:58 PM
SomersetBroncos's Avatar
SomersetBroncos SomersetBroncos is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 28.04.2009
Posts: 360
Default

Name: Paul
Age: 35
Location: Bath / Various horrible hotels in Europe.
Occupation: Print Consultant ?????
Favourite Current Broncos: Eddie Royal, Doom!
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, The three amigos, TD.
Best memory: Beating the cheeseheads to win the SB - This one's for you John!!
Worst memory: Losing to the Bills in a conference championship game, we were big underdogs but played real well and Kelly done us on the last series, dont know why but gutting.
Fan Since: Started following the Broncos after watching them on C4s sunday night program in 1986 when we lost to the Giants (highlights), we were unbeaten till then (6-0 I think), had a good young QB and looked like going places. I like to think of it as one of my better choices in life
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 28.09.2009, 08:38 PM
Kase's Avatar
Kase Kase is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 2,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellop View Post

Started following the Broncos: In 1968 I was in the Army and at the time going out with an American girlfriend from Denver who was working the summer in UK. When she returned to Denver I was posted to the Middle East for 18 months and we wrote to each other [how romantic]. When I returned to the UK in 1969 I went to Denver to stay with said girlfriend for a ten day holiday, the whole family were Bronco fans, this was at the Old Mile High Stadium, I thought I better become a fan if I wished our romance to progress...........need I say more. Sadly the girlfriend is long gone but I am still a fan.

great story Peter. It must have hard to keep track of the Broncos during the 70s from the UK though. How did you manage? Was there any kind of NFL coverage in the papers/on tv at the time?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 28.09.2009, 10:50 PM
BritishBronco's Avatar
BritishBronco BritishBronco is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.10.2007
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellop View Post
Name: Peter

Age: 60

Resides: North East

Started following the Broncos: In 1968 I was in the Army and at the time going out with an American girlfriend from Denver who was working the summer in UK. When she returned to Denver I was posted to the Middle East for 18 months and we wrote to each other [how romantic]. When I returned to the UK in 1969 I went to Denver to stay with said girlfriend for a ten day holiday, the whole family were Bronco fans, this was at the Old Mile High Stadium, I thought I better become a fan if I wished our romance to progress...........need I say more. Sadly the girlfriend is long gone but I am still a fan.

Favourite Bronco: Has to be John Elway and I better mention Champ Bailey of as I have his number on my Bronco shirt and I do think when he is good he is very good.

Best memory: The Super Bowls 1997 / 98 of course. Any game they win is a good memory.

Worst Memory: Well there has been a few over the years but I don’t dwell on them.
40 years, not bad I'd imagine you have been follwing the NFL the longest out of anybody on this forum
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 29.09.2009, 08:53 AM
fellop's Avatar
fellop fellop is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.02.2008
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
great story Peter. It must have hard to keep track of the Broncos during the 70s from the UK though. How did you manage? Was there any kind of NFL coverage in the papers/on tv at the time?
Hi Kase,
Well being in the Army [I did not leave until 1989] a lot of the time was spent outside UK, Germany, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong and so on. So I did not have to rely on information from within the UK. A couple of letters from Denver each week from said girlfriend plus the odd newspaper cutting and so on. Plus in Germany I had some limited access to American forces based in Southern Germany, so I managed.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 29.09.2009, 08:55 AM
fellop's Avatar
fellop fellop is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.02.2008
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBronco View Post
40 years, not bad I'd imagine you have been follwing the NFL the longest out of anybody on this forum
I think when you get to 60 there are a lot things you have been doing longer than other people.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03.11.2009, 05:49 PM
ajplumplum's Avatar
ajplumplum ajplumplum is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 484
Default

Name: Ant
Age: 22
Location: Croydon, South London
Occupation: Soon to be accountant
Favourite Current Broncos: Champ Bailey, Eddie Royal, Elvis, DJ, B-Dawk, Brandon Marshall, Knowshon.
Favourite Ex-Broncos: Jake the snake, John Lynch
Best memory: Beating the chargers game 2 2008 on the 2 pt conversion.
Fan Since: I remember the first game i watched on tv was the steelers colts, which lead on to the steelers bettis superbowl. but i was casually a denver fan before this. the reason i supported denver was a mixture of already being an avalanche fan so kept the same city, aswell as jake being the qb and sharing my surname. and lets face it jake was incredibly cool! haha Been hardcore since 2006ish
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:24 PM.