Best Way to Watch Gamepass on HD TV?? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 13.04.2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

I use a HP Pavilion laptop for what it's worth, don't have an iPad etc so can't really compare, but it definitely all runs very smoothly for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.04.2012, 09:34 PM
Rookie

Whichever device you use, make it HDMI enabled. The digital signal will look so much better than an analogue signal on a HDTV.

I have just invested in an iPad 2 and Apple TV. I didn't just buy them for Game Pass lol however they do a great job.

The Game Pass app has a "Play To" button to play on my TV through the Apple TV and surround sound and the picture is a rock solid HD image (on my Sky BB 8mb line).

The iPad battery lasts 7+ hours without charging however the only thing it doesn't do which would be nice is being able to use the Play To feature while multi-tasking on the iPad, but maybe thats asking too much
Old 23.04.2012, 07:37 PM
Pro

Via an HDMI lead from my Sony VAIO laptop to a Samsung HD television. The computer itself was on sale in January for ?500 and for the streaming quality alone, it was worth every penny. The quality is breathtaking, as pure as Sky's live coverage and this is an even more important feat, considering that I live in the sticks, meaning a poor bandwidth.

Also, with the higher quality laptop, this ensures that you have no trouble with fiddling around with multiple leads, all aspects are covered by just the one.
Old 24.04.2012, 09:33 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjames380 View Post
The Game Pass app has a "Play To" button to play on my TV through the Apple TV and surround sound and the picture is a rock solid HD image (on my Sky BB 8mb line).
Is the "Play To" button an option when connecting via the HDMI adaptor? I've plugged it in and watched the free preview on my TV but can't get it full screen?
Old 27.04.2012, 12:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry View Post
Is the "Play To" button an option when connecting via the HDMI adaptor? I've plugged it in and watched the free preview on my TV but can't get it full screen?
"Play To" only works wirelessly with Apple TV and automatically goes into full screen on TV.

The HDMI adaptor replicates the screen ratio of the iPad on the TV which is natively 4:3 however certain apps support 16:9 full screen mode on the TV which is what you are wanting.

If the app does support it, the iPad screen will go grey and says "TV connected" while it plays on full screen on your TV.

It's down to what the app supports pal.

Bare in mind you can pick up great deals on Apple TV's if that is a better solution for you.

Tags
gamepass , gamepass to tv , hd tv