Texans 2014/15 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 04.03.2014, 01:59 PM
Pro

Slowly being the key word in that sentence! So far as I can tell we're the least followed team on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.03.2014, 11:36 PM
Pro

New Texans fan here too, I've been watching the NFL for quite some time now and have never settled on a team, the Texans being 1 of many teams I followed, I've now decided to stick with them for many reasons.

For the draft I would like to see Bridgewater drafted with the 1st pick, although if we did end up drafting Clowney I wouldn't be disappointed, I can't see many teams being able to stop Watt and Clowney, which will also help every other area of the defense but having a good QB will add more wins and that's what we need.

I've seen a few rumors today that we have contacted the Broncos about trading for Osweiler, not sure if there's any truth to them, whats all your thoughts on him?
Old 05.03.2014, 04:13 PM
Pro

I'm going to work my way through the past two seasons of Texans games after purchasing the off-season pass. I've only watched a few highlights so far but Schaub looks half-decent!
Old 05.03.2014, 08:10 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Butty Physicist View Post
I'm going to work my way through the past two seasons of Texans games after purchasing the off-season pass. I've only watched a few highlights so far but Schaub looks half-decent!

You obviously haven't seen Schaub play in any of last seasons games then

He does hold a QB NFL record though - four straight games in which he has fired a pick-six!!!

Schaub won't be with the Texans next season, salary too expensive!
Old 08.03.2014, 09:22 PM
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Tearstain Send a message via AIM to Tearstain Send a message via MSN to Tearstain Send a message via Yahoo to Tearstain Send a message via Skype™ to Tearstain

I would be very surprised if we took Clowney at 1:1

My first worry would be Crenil's 2 gap system.
this is where he uses his DL primary to hold the line first each covering 2 gaps in the OL.

This for me takes away a big threat of Watt, never mind having Clowney also.

Then there is the wage cap. Watt is coming to the end of his rookie contract and if Clowney progress as expected then we could end up using a lot of cap space on 2 DL which would not leave much for other players.

Sentiment says take Matthews as in my opinion that name belongs in Houston.

Depending on how O'B rates De'Possey we could take Watkins and let Keenham throw him the bombs (will stop drinking now)
Old 08.03.2014, 10:42 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post
I would be very surprised if we took Clowney at 1:1

My first worry would be Crenil's 2 gap system.
this is where he uses his DL primary to hold the line first each covering 2 gaps in the OL.

This for me takes away a big threat of Watt, never mind having Clowney also.

Then there is the wage cap. Watt is coming to the end of his rookie contract and if Clowney progress as expected then we could end up using a lot of cap space on 2 DL which would not leave much for other players.

Sentiment says take Matthews as in my opinion that name belongs in Houston.

Depending on how O'B rates De'Possey we could take Watkins and let Keenham throw him the bombs (will stop drinking now)
If Watt isn't going to be effective in Crennels system I'm sure he would change to allow Watt to play to his strengths.

I see the same problem as you, if we was to take Clowney, Watt is going to be paid and if Clowney is as good as most people say, he will ask for the same money as Watt if not more and its not a good idea to have all that money tied into 1 position, the only way I see us taking Clowney is if there is a QB OB likes that he think he could get at the top of round 2.
Old 08.03.2014, 11:46 PM
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Tearstain Send a message via AIM to Tearstain Send a message via MSN to Tearstain Send a message via Yahoo to Tearstain Send a message via Skype™ to Tearstain

I am struggling to see how his system would fit Watt.

Moving Watt to NT would not work as Crenil likes his NT 330+ and as movable as a rock.
With the 2 gap the OLB is supposed to be an elite edge rusher (among other things) as his route should be free as the DE has plugged 2 OL..... so perhaps move watt to OLB?
He is no slouch running. I am not an e pert at this so could be way off.

I can also see us taking Nix if still on the board at 2:1 (dodgy knees apparently making him drop). He is the 330+ NT for the system.

Would prefer ASJ at 2:1 though.