Kevin White could miss the whole season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Sponsored Links

Old 17.08.2015, 03:54 PM
Team Captain

Default Kevin White could miss the whole season

So our top first round pick's "minor shin problem" turns out to be shin splints and he will have a metal rod inserted into his leg. It's been confirmed that he'll miss several weeks, maybe even all of 2015. I know he's a rookie but it looked like he was gonna be a big part of the Bears' plans, lining up opposite Alshon Jeffrey.

How do you think the Bears will do without him? Will Marquess Wilson take his place with Eddie Royal playing slot receiver? Or does Royal now get the job as no.2 receiver?
Sponsored Links
Old 17.08.2015, 05:27 PM
MVP

To be honest I wasn't expecting too much in year 1. John Fox has a reputation of not using rookies to a great extent. I wasn't expecting more than 600 yards and 5 TD's as he split time with Wilson.

I think Eddie Royal could be a big player for us this year as a 'safe' outlet for Cutler.

Going back to White, if by the time he comes off PUP and is healthy-ish and the Bears have been already ruled out of contention, they'll probably wrap him in cotton wool and shut him down for the year regardless.
Old 21.08.2015, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

In the end this is a huge blow for the Bears. Not in terms of 2015, but down the road. I certainly did not expect a lot from White in Y1 but I did want him out there learning by making mistakes. Now that is pushed into 2016 - potentially. It's a big shame and it means we'll most likely go into next year not knowing what we have with much confidence.

For 2015 we have Jeffrey and Bennett as the #1 & 2 targets. Royal will be a factor in the slot. They'll likely use Wilson on the outside. That's a decent enough talent level.
Old 24.08.2015, 04:36 PM
MVP

Ratliff suspended for the first 3 games of the season.

That is a real nut kicker. He's been a solid piece since signing.
Old 25.08.2015, 07:56 AM
Pro Bowler

No White, Ratliff and possibly Jeffery out and the first full game for our 3-4 Defense.

Could be a rough start to the season against the Packers.

To be honest I think this is a transition year anyway, at least the injuries at Wide Receiver will give some of the lesser lights in that position a chance to show what they can do.

Ratliff says he won't appeal his suspension btw.
Old 27.08.2015, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Losing Ratliff is a real blow.