Predictions 2015 - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Sponsored Links

Old 25.09.2015, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhap View Post
If we are picking in the first three which looks likely(or even first) surely we have to go with a QB? I know they are never sure things but the chances are a lot higher at the top of the first round. Hopefully we won't be picking this high in the next few years but I fear it might take at least 3 years to rebuild this mess.

The draft busts in the last 10 years has been frightening. Especially the first round.

How many players on the roster now can you see defiantly being here in three years?

Defence

Mcphee
Goldman
Amos
Sutton?
Ferguson?
Fuller?

Offense

Long
Langford
White
Jeffrey?

Not a lot to build with.
I think Fuller's sport is highly debatable. He needs to show a lot of improvement.

In regard to the draft, it's not currently viewed as a good year for QBS. But things change of course.

Joey Bosa is the current and clear front runner for best player in the class. He'd be a DE in the 3-4 or 3 tech DT in the 4-3 more than likely.

There are, as things stand, three QBs penciled in as the "top" prospects. Connor Cook of Michigan State is one, then Jeremy Goff of Cal. Entering the year you would have said Cardale Jones was the other but he's rapidly dropping stock. They all have flaws.

If the Bears get a top 5 pick they could be a lot worse than keep Cutler and take some defensive talent if there are no viable QBs. But teams usually find a way to persuade themselves.

Jalen Ramsey is a corner with real talent. He could be the best prospect in next year's draft if he lives up to expectations. We could really use a corner too. But ther is a loooong way to go.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.09.2015, 09:20 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
I think Fuller's sport is highly debatable. He needs to show a lot of improvement.

In regard to the draft, it's not currently viewed as a good year for QBS. But things change of course.

Joey Bosa is the current and clear front runner for best player in the class. He'd be a DE in the 3-4 or 3 tech DT in the 4-3 more than likely.

There are, as things stand, three QBs penciled in as the "top" prospects. Connor Cook of Michigan State is one, then Jeremy Goff of Cal. Entering the year you would have said Cardale Jones was the other but he's rapidly dropping stock. They all have flaws.

If the Bears get a top 5 pick they could be a lot worse than keep Cutler and take some defensive talent if there are no viable QBs. But teams usually find a way to persuade themselves.

Jalen Ramsey is a corner with real talent. He could be the best prospect in next year's draft if he lives up to expectations. We could really use a corner too. But ther is a loooong way to go.
I dont think we can/will cut Cutler next year anyway. His contract - that had 10m of 2016's salary guaranteed last March - continues to be the sticking point for another year it seems.

Would the Bears take the cap hit to cut him, when he hasnt been bad at all so far? - early days I know. Unless somebody was prepared to trade for him?

With the draft class not great, I dont think he is going anywhere next year.
Old 25.09.2015, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
I dont think we can/will cut Cutler next year anyway. His contract - that had 10m of 2016's salary guaranteed last March - continues to be the sticking point for another year it seems.

Would the Bears take the cap hit to cut him, when he hasnt been bad at all so far? - early days I know. Unless somebody was prepared to trade for him?

With the draft class not great, I dont think he is going anywhere next year.
I agree. 100%.

Also, I am fine with that. At the end of the day QB is something we would like to improve, but in the grand scheme of things we have plenty of problems to address and I think focusing on getting back to playing good D would be a welcome approach.
Old 13.10.2015, 06:46 PM
Starter

OK I'm gonna contradict myself from last season where I really thought the end of the line had been reached (pay-check or otherwise)...I think Cutler may have turned a corner - for whatever reason. Who knows?, a quiet word, a kick-up-the-butt, new confidence? Not worth speculating on BUT I'm gonna predict that he improves game on game this season and makes that change from a QB who knows he is a very good QB to a QB that is very good (and consistently so).