Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 424 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Sponsored Links

Old 01.05.2016, 06:23 AM
MVP

Well that's the 2016 draft in the books, got to say I was impressed with Pace, he was smart with that haul of picks trading up and down getting his guys.

Floyd seems to be slightly divisive, huge upside, but very skinny for an NFL pass rusher, he'll need to pile on a few pounds.

I think it's obvious where Fox and Fangio want to go with the D, speed and hard hitting in abundance.

Really like the Howard pick, great value and he'll compliment Langford as a two down thumper.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.05.2016, 10:48 AM
Pro Bowler

I was just thinking I wonder if we'll take Paul Perkins and the Giants snapped him up. With the very next pick we took Howard.

Hoping Floyd doesn't turn into another Mingo, but I trust Fangio to get the best out of him.

Very pleased to have Hoyer as a backup to Cutler.

Slightly disappointed to see Slauson being released. The guy played pretty well I thought, was never injured and could even play at Centre as well as Guard. Did think somebody would have to make way though, with all the Guards we seem to have on the roster now.

Think the only area we haven't really addressed is Left Tackle, they must really be keen on Leno. Hoping some of the players we've drafted in the secondary are useful.
Old 03.05.2016, 10:54 AM
Pro Bowler

Oh and it looks like we're signing a few undrafted Tight-Ends.
Old 10.06.2016, 11:50 AM
All Pro

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Bears review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
Old 14.11.2016, 02:31 PM
Starter

I still believe this team are better than results show (stop laughing at the back).

I really believe Pace, Fox and co have the beginnings of a competitive squad, I get that they are young and inexperienced, yes we’ve been crippled by injuries to starters and just don’t have the depth to compete on every down when our second stringers are out there. But every step forward is followed by a self-inflicted three steps back.

Right now, we have to play a game with minimal mistakes but there are just too many penalties.

Loggians gameplans have no consistency from period to period never mind from game to game. And he still seems to believe Cutler is a gunslinger who can be let loose.

I thought Cutler still had a chance to remain with the team next year but I think those 20 minutes with 2 picks and a fumble might just have been the nail in the coffin, I don’t think he’ll be back now, Fox’s face (I think it was after that fumble) pretty much said it all.

I won’t ever go into a game without hope, I truly do not want us to tank as I don’t believe it does this team any favours to lose out, this young team needs to learn how to win games. Just a little progression from game to game would be nice, a solid gameplan, cut down on the penalties and mental errors and finish the season on the up will do me right now.
Old 14.11.2016, 09:11 PM
Starter

Sigh, Alshon takes aim, slows his breathing, and gently squeezes the trigger..........another perfect shot in the foot and a four game ban!

FFS, pack your bags dude, you aren't helping this team