Pro

Why do all the Touts 'look and sound shifty?'
Sponsored Links
Old 22.09.2017, 06:33 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_C21 View Post
Hi everyone,

Me and a mate have booked train tickets to London on the 1st October, however we failed to get tickets in the initial sale and resale for the Miami Dolphins v Saints game. As a Dolphins fan I'd hate to miss out on any part of the Dolphins being in London, so we've decided to make a day of it and travel anyway. At the moment we haven't purchased any tickets from resale websites as the prices are ridiculous, with all of the added hidden fees etc.

My question is, what are the best bars/pubs in London or around Wembley, which are guaranteed to have the game on and may have a good atmosphere?
I understand most will be in the stadium watching the game but not all of us were lucky enough to get tickets! Or any other suggestions for how to make the best out of the situation?

Thanks for any help in advance

P.s. Hope all the phins fans attending enjoy the game and cheer them on - Phins up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants_BTGOG View Post
Because they are..lol
Old 22.09.2017, 07:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants_BTGOG View Post
It's beacuse while we spend our nights watching 'Bake Off' or 'Strictly', they spend their nights outside concert venues shouting 'There the tour T shirts, ten pound the tour T shirts, get the tour T shirts, ten pound...'
Old 22.09.2017, 07:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Has anyone ever bought tickets from a tout? We are considering it but just a bit worried prices and whether the tickets we buy are guaranteed to be real - would anyone be able to give any advice on this?

Prices on resale websites do seem to be coming down, but then there are also plenty of horror stories of people getting scammed from such websites - has anyone had any experience buying tickets from resale websites?

Cheers for the info Tone, the Fins Fans event @ Watkins Folly sounds good!
I think we will try to get tickets because i'd hate to miss it, just need to consider the best options. Cheers for the advice.
I guess it depends what you mean by 'tout'. Have I bought tickets from a secondary ticket website at over face value? Yes. Have I bought tickets from some grubby shyster in or around a stadium? No way! These people just have a way about them that makes you feel like you're being ripped off. And when I say ripped off, I don't mean paying over face value, I mean paying more than what the market will actually bear at that given time. At least when you go online you get the sense it's an actual market, not just some dodgy geezer trying to mug you in broad daylight.
Old 23.09.2017, 07:41 PM
Rookie

Definitely going to try and get tickets through Facebook and resale websites first, I think buying from touts outside of Wembley will be last resort as it could be very risky.

Does anyone have a link to any Facebook groups where there's tickets for the game for sale? I've had a look but can't find any.

Also, as the game is a week away, what happens regarding delivery? I can see some tickets you can print, and some you can pickup, however some just look like they're delivered - is there a cut-off point for buying tickets online to be delivered?
Old 24.09.2017, 06:53 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Definitely going to try and get tickets through Facebook and resale websites first, I think buying from touts outside of Wembley will be last resort as it could be very risky.

Does anyone have a link to any Facebook groups where there's tickets for the game for sale? I've had a look but can't find any.

Also, as the game is a week away, what happens regarding delivery? I can see some tickets you can print, and some you can pickup, however some just look like they're delivered - is there a cut-off point for buying tickets online to be delivered?
Find someone on line (fb) with a spare and most will be going to game anyway. Then arrange to meet outside
Old 26.09.2017, 08:25 PM
Rookie

Finally been able to get tickets! If anyone is reading this and still needs tickets, there are quite a few sideline and upper endzone tickets on the Ticketmaster website ranging from £40 to £89.

Very strange that they've suddenly added tickets at such late notice but snap them up quick!
Old 26.09.2017, 08:55 PM
Starter

Quote:
Finally been able to get tickets! If anyone is reading this and still needs tickets, there are quite a few sideline and upper endzone tickets on the Ticketmaster website ranging from £40 to £89.

Very strange that they've suddenly added tickets at such late notice but snap them up quick!
Some good seats left right on halfway line block 526.

Tags
london , miami dolphins uk , new orleans saints , wembley