NFL Yearly Awards - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 09.02.2009, 11:59 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled View Post

As for the overall MVP - I want so say someone controversial ... or at least interesting ... maybe Philip Rivers, he was pretty impressive in leading a team to the playoffs. I don't really believe what I just said but at least I'll get a response with someone offering something back
Well Rivers certainly put up better numbers than Manning and beat him in the playoffs (albeit with the best punting performance I've ever seen).
Sponsored Links
Old 10.02.2009, 12:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
So, Manning gets MVP for leading his team to and 8-game win streak, but in a year where he put up some of his worst career numbers. Discuss!

Matt Ryan (16 TD, 11 INT, 88.7 rating) Offensive Rookie of the Year. Leaned heavily on Turner and the run game and struggled when they did.
Matt Forte (316 Att, 1238 RuYards, 8 TD, only 1 fumble + 4 RecTD) carried the Bears offense prety much singl handedly, made Kyle Orton look like a Pro Bowler, lead the team in both rushing and recieving yards. Who deserved it more? Or was it Flacco, who won the Rookie of The Year overall prize?

My opinion? Forte should have been Rookie of the Year in both categories, and Manning did a great job carrying the Colts to the playoffs.
Ok so no running game, hardly any blocking, beating new england , Pittsburgh (in Pittsburgh) winning in san diego, (scene of his 6 turnovers last year) going 17 for 17 against jacksonville at one time, and carrying the team to the playoffs, if that new england game goes the other way they're in and we're out.

Also he (while playing particulary badly) was one of the main factors in our comeback at minnesota. he was playing fresh off the back off two knee operations and playing two, (one very good defense). Plus Ap was abosuletely killing us!!!! so yeah a clutch performance from manning. and while the defense was to be praised for the houston comeback, manning still needed to be poised and perfect to help finish it off.

Oh and there is the small matter of manning completely slaughtering Baltimore, (you know, second best defence in the nfl this year iirc)

so yes manning didnt derserve the mvp award, stats aren't as important as you think, oh and it was a 9 game winning streak which as stated beat the superbowl champions, #4 seed in the playoffs.

Oh and he also beat (for half a quarter at least) the #1 seed in the afc, #2 in the afc, #6 in the afc, #4 in the afc, a team which would of been #3 in the afc if he didnt, #4 in the nfc as well just for good measure.

yeah he really didnt derserve the mvp did he now?
Old 10.02.2009, 05:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Ok so no running game, hardly any blocking, beating new england , Pittsburgh (in Pittsburgh) winning in san diego, (scene of his 6 turnovers last year) going 17 for 17 against jacksonville at one time, and carrying the team to the playoffs, if that new england game goes the other way they're in and we're out.

Also he (while playing particulary badly) was one of the main factors in our comeback at minnesota. he was playing fresh off the back off two knee operations and playing two, (one very good defense). Plus Ap was abosuletely killing us!!!! so yeah a clutch performance from manning. and while the defense was to be praised for the houston comeback, manning still needed to be poised and perfect to help finish it off.

Oh and there is the small matter of manning completely slaughtering Baltimore, (you know, second best defence in the nfl this year iirc)

so yes manning didnt derserve the mvp award, stats aren't as important as you think, oh and it was a 9 game winning streak which as stated beat the superbowl champions, #4 seed in the playoffs.

Oh and he also beat (for half a quarter at least) the #1 seed in the afc, #2 in the afc, #6 in the afc, #4 in the afc, a team which would of been #3 in the afc if he didnt, #4 in the nfc as well just for good measure.

yeah he really didnt derserve the mvp did he now?
Did I say he didnt? It was just one of those controversial areas which brings up opinions, which is why I put it there!
Old 12.02.2009, 11:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
Did I say he didnt? It was just one of those controversial areas which brings up opinions, which is why I put it there!
well on the subject of rivers, yes he had stats to be fair, but he was pretty much given that division, Denver only needed to win another game.

and Brees would of been a better choice, or Romo if he had gotten Dallas in.

Cassel considering the improvement, almost got his team in.

but Manning got his team and from 3-4 i wasn't expecting too much from the season, espically with patriots steelers and chargers coming up, and then to go 12-4 and playoffs! spectular turnaround, and its was pretty much down to Manning stepping up and playing like manning.

Tags
forte , manning , mvp , rookie , ryan