Colts @ 49ers - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 23.09.2013, 12:08 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to TubbyTJ
Default Colts @ 49ers

Wow - what a game from the snippets I saw on Redzone ahead of the blackout being lifted tonight at stupid o'clock. Our D came up big holding the 49ers to just seven points (including inside the 2 yard line at the end of the 4th quarter). Reggie, Bradshaw and even Brown looked good).

Very proud of that result and interested in seeing the entire game to see if Redzone was representative!
Sponsored Links
Old 23.09.2013, 05:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTJ View Post
Wow - what a game from the snippets I saw on Redzone ahead of the blackout being lifted tonight at stupid o'clock. Our D came up big holding the 49ers to just seven points (including inside the 2 yard line at the end of the 4th quarter). Reggie, Bradshaw and even Brown looked good).

Very proud of that result and interested in seeing the entire game to see if Redzone was representative!
I watched the first half before heading off to bed (early start...) and on that basis I'd say it was representative. What was particularly impressive and surprising was the way our D played - we provided a masterclass in how to keep a 'pistol' QB in check: shutting down his pass options but also corralling him in the backfield and shutting off his scrambling options.

The running game was also efficient and effective. So much so that we got it done and with some comfort without our pass game firing on all cylinders. It was weird - not like watching the Colts at all. But I like it!
Old 24.09.2013, 07:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainKings06 View Post
I watched the first half before heading off to bed (early start...) and on that basis I'd say it was representative. What was particularly impressive and surprising was the way our D played - we provided a masterclass in how to keep a 'pistol' QB in check: shutting down his pass options but also corralling him in the backfield and shutting off his scrambling options.

The running game was also efficient and effective. So much so that we got it done and with some comfort without our pass game firing on all cylinders. It was weird - not like watching the Colts at all. But I like it!
Watched the rest of this game last night, they just had Kaepernick struggling in the pocket throughout the whole game it was great to watch.

Bradshaw was also beasting it on the running game.
Old 24.09.2013, 02:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Really cannot overstate how great the win was and the performance. Really hope and wish it will be the starting point for a great season.
With that said, we have a must win game at the Jags on Sunday if you aspire for playoff birth. The SF game is over, time to move on to the next.

On a general note and regarding our new running philosophy under Pep:

Personally, I don't like it cause we have a franchise QB the can throw the ball pretty damn well but mainly after years of watching the masterclass of Manning and last season's debut of Luck under Arians, this season all of this comes naturally as a cultural shock. Also we all have doubts about our OL and we all know how critical this is for the running game.

Of course if it's effective and gets wins, nobody will care. But we have so many weapons on offense that I feel we will under use if we keep going under this rate.
For example Hilton and DHB are vertical weapons first and foremost but I could count on the fingers of one hand the times we have thrown the ball down the field so far.

I wanna see from Hamilton adjustment to the style and pace of each game. Last Sunday it worked and it did cause it was the right way. What I wanna see is when things don't work, change to a more vertical game.

That's my hope and if there is a plan to first become an efficient running team and then to a switch it to a more vertical mid season and start of playoffs( hopefully), then fine by me.