Returning a Jersey bought at NFL International Series?? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 15.11.2014, 12:20 AM
Rookie

Yeah I can understand them not wanting to offer a refund but I cant see a problem with them offering an exchange?!
Sponsored Links
Old 09.12.2014, 09:42 AM
Rookie

Default think we have been done!

thought i should let you all know my story and see if this has happened to anyone else.

Was at the Oakland Miami game this year and whilst at Reagent Street I spent £270 on jerseys for the family and other merchandise.
I already had a Nike Game jersey from the USA which I bought over there the year before and wanted another so bought a Cameron Wake jersey.
The first thing I noticed was the difference in the screen printing on the jersey. The USA jersey was a softer plyable numbering whilst the UK jerseys where very stiff and plastic – basically really cheap.

Anyway after getting home the jersey was washed according to instructions and put away in a wardrobe. On using the jersey again a week later I noticed the numbers had stuck together (it was folded up) and on peeling them apart the numbers distorted. I tried NFLShop Europe and Nike but neither accepted responsibility – Nike even claiming the stalls where not official resellers – eventually someone at IVS Group agreed to replace it with a new Tannehill jersey. This jersey arrived yesterday and the numbering was the same as the USA jersey. On seeing this difference I checked my daughters youth jersey and found it had done the same so that is now going back.

Bottom line is it looks like someone at either NFL Europe, Nike or IVS has tried to sell cheaply made jerseys to the UK fans that are far inferior in quality to the jerseys sold to the American fans in the hope that we will not know any better. A really poor advert and way to treat the UK fans. I know for one I will not be purchasing any more merchandise at these games in future – its amazing how all the companies involved seemed to try and pass the buck. NFL Europe said ‘not our problem’ – Nike said ‘not official resellers’ – IVS at first said ‘speak to the others’ before agreeing the change. I just wonder how many other fans have had issues without knowing that they have bought what I consider ‘knock off’ goods.

it is just so poor that the NFL or someone else could try and treat us this way to make some extra cash.
Old 09.12.2014, 11:20 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster209 View Post
thought i should let you all know my story and see if this has happened to anyone else.

Was at the Oakland Miami game this year and whilst at Reagent Street I spent £270 on jerseys for the family and other merchandise.
I already had a Nike Game jersey from the USA which I bought over there the year before and wanted another so bought a Cameron Wake jersey.
The first thing I noticed was the difference in the screen printing on the jersey. The USA jersey was a softer plyable numbering whilst the UK jerseys where very stiff and plastic – basically really cheap.

Anyway after getting home the jersey was washed according to instructions and put away in a wardrobe. On using the jersey again a week later I noticed the numbers had stuck together (it was folded up) and on peeling them apart the numbers distorted. I tried NFLShop Europe and Nike but neither accepted responsibility – Nike even claiming the stalls where not official resellers – eventually someone at IVS Group agreed to replace it with a new Tannehill jersey. This jersey arrived yesterday and the numbering was the same as the USA jersey. On seeing this difference I checked my daughters youth jersey and found it had done the same so that is now going back.

Bottom line is it looks like someone at either NFL Europe, Nike or IVS has tried to sell cheaply made jerseys to the UK fans that are far inferior in quality to the jerseys sold to the American fans in the hope that we will not know any better. A really poor advert and way to treat the UK fans. I know for one I will not be purchasing any more merchandise at these games in future – its amazing how all the companies involved seemed to try and pass the buck. NFL Europe said ‘not our problem’ – Nike said ‘not official resellers’ – IVS at first said ‘speak to the others’ before agreeing the change. I just wonder how many other fans have had issues without knowing that they have bought what I consider ‘knock off’ goods.

it is just so poor that the NFL or someone else could try and treat us this way to make some extra cash.
i understand what your saying i to import my jerseys from America (mainly due to been able to buy the stiched jerseys) but i doubt its a deliberate attempt to sell poor quality items my guess bout be they come over blank and get printed similar to football shirts in this country probably using a uk based company to supply the letters and numbers
Old 09.12.2014, 03:26 PM
Rookie

not saying it was deliberate but it was certainly a poor attempt at printing and then shocked no-one stopped them being sold, that's the bit that was poor and a bad decision. for me the quality of the print was worse than anything i have seen on a football shirt so no idea who they got to do it. Surprised no-one else has discussed this but then how many people in the UK have USA bought jerseys to compare them with, not many i assume, at least compared to the amount probably sold that day.
Old 09.12.2014, 05:52 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster209 View Post
not saying it was deliberate but it was certainly a poor attempt at printing and then shocked no-one stopped them being sold, that's the bit that was poor and a bad decision. for me the quality of the print was worse than anything i have seen on a football shirt so no idea who they got to do it. Surprised no-one else has discussed this but then how many people in the UK have USA bought jerseys to compare them with, not many i assume, at least compared to the amount probably sold that day.
I have brought two jerseys over the last two years in Florida and there is a difference in both of them, one the numbering is fine the other is peeling. They are both made in different countries according to the labels, have you checked this? No excuse for being passed from pillar to post though!
Old 09.12.2014, 09:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GClarke1985 View Post
I have brought two jerseys over the last two years in Florida and there is a difference in both of them, one the numbering is fine the other is peeling. They are both made in different countries according to the labels, have you checked this? No excuse for being passed from pillar to post though!
I only buy all stitched jerseys for this reason! Being passed around by the UK company (Kitbag I presume?) is no surprise, I only ever hear bad things about them.

I think it was Stocky who ordered a jersey from the UK NFL shop and got one from Nike Town. The quality of the printing of the Nike Town one was so much better. I would imagine that is down to Kitbag using a cheap printing process and claiming they are all custom printed and charging you an extra £20 for them.

Tags
international series , jacksonville jaguars , merchandise , nfluk shop