Mick Tingelhoff - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20.08.2014, 09:52 PM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,209
Default Mick Tingelhoff

Is the Senior Committee choice to be a finalist for the 2015 Hall of Fame.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 21.08.2014, 08:30 PM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

Should Tinglehoff get in and he has a great chance. Then he will be the fourth undrafted Viking player to be elected into The Hall. Historically only the Browns can match that kind of scouting proficiency.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.08.2014, 08:58 PM
GtheVike's Avatar
GtheVike GtheVike is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 08.09.2003
Posts: 304
Default

Really hopes he makes it as it is long overdue in my humble opinion.

Check out the Vikes official site for career details.

Geoff
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22.08.2014, 09:28 AM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtheVike View Post
Really hopes he makes it as it is long overdue in my humble opinion.

Check out the Vikes official site for career details.

Geoff
Couldn't agree more Geoff, 17 seasons without missing a game along witha boat load of Pro Bowl nomintions highlight just how tough and good he was.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22.08.2014, 02:04 PM
foxonrox's Avatar
foxonrox foxonrox is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 18.12.2008
Posts: 93
Default

Great to see Tingelhoff nominated and he should get in.

I'd like to see Chuck Foreman also get in at some point. He only played 8 years but was a 5 time pro bowler, 4 time All-Pro, 5,950 yards rushing and 3,156 receiving yards.
Terrell Davis was a semi-finalist back in '07 (8 year pro, 3 x pro bowl, 3 x All-Pro, 7,607 rushing yards and 1,280 receiving yards), so why should Foreman be overlooked?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22.08.2014, 07:09 PM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonrox View Post
Great to see Tingelhoff nominated and he should get in.

I'd like to see Chuck Foreman also get in at some point. He only played 8 years but was a 5 time pro bowler, 4 time All-Pro, 5,950 yards rushing and 3,156 receiving yards.
Terrell Davis was a semi-finalist back in '07 (8 year pro, 3 x pro bowl, 3 x All-Pro, 7,607 rushing yards and 1,280 receiving yards), so why should Foreman be overlooked?
TD was also a 2,000 yd rusher, league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. He has a stronger case than Foreman.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23.08.2014, 12:06 PM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonrox View Post
Great to see Tingelhoff nominated and he should get in.

I'd like to see Chuck Foreman also get in at some point. He only played 8 years but was a 5 time pro bowler, 4 time All-Pro, 5,950 yards rushing and 3,156 receiving yards.
Terrell Davis was a semi-finalist back in '07 (8 year pro, 3 x pro bowl, 3 x All-Pro, 7,607 rushing yards and 1,280 receiving yards), so why should Foreman be overlooked?
Though he only played a couple of seasons with the Vikings, Roger Craig has a better shot at Canton than Chuck Foreman I think.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23.08.2014, 02:56 PM
foxonrox's Avatar
foxonrox foxonrox is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 18.12.2008
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Though he only played a couple of seasons with the Vikings, Roger Craig has a better shot at Canton than Chuck Foreman I think.
I think Davis, Craig and Foreman all have a case for the Hall. From 1973-1977, Foreman was fantastic, not only as a runner but as a receiver, winning rookie of the year in 73, NFC player of the year in 74 and 76 (from different sources).
I think what truly prevents him from being considered were the poor performances in the Super Bowls, not just by him but by the Vikings team.
Like I said, they all have a case, but I'd imagine all may have to wait a good few years yet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24.08.2014, 04:57 PM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonrox View Post
I think Davis, Craig and Foreman all have a case for the Hall. From 1973-1977, Foreman was fantastic, not only as a runner but as a receiver, winning rookie of the year in 73, NFC player of the year in 74 and 76 (from different sources).
I think what truly prevents him from being considered were the poor performances in the Super Bowls, not just by him but by the Vikings team.
Like I said, they all have a case, but I'd imagine all may have to wait a good few years yet.
Rightly or wrongly there is no doubt that the Vikingss Super Bowl failures have hinderd several players from getting elected.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26.01.2015, 09:08 PM
GtheVike's Avatar
GtheVike GtheVike is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 08.09.2003
Posts: 304
Default

Nice touch by Coach Zimmer wishing Mick well - a handwritten note!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:47 AM.