NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 12.07.2016, 07:02 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
Hi there!

The Saturday events leading up to the games are not usually announced until much later in the year (sometimes only a few weeks before the game).

With the Colts v Jags game being the first of the 2016 games, the likelihood is that NFLUK will hold a 'Fan Rally' on Regent Street or in Trafalgar Square the day before the game. Have a look on the 'events' link on the website to see what those are about if you're unsure.

Some grumps on here may tell you it's not worth it, but from my experience they've been pretty fantastic - if you're lucky you can get an opportunity to see/meet some true NFL legends and current players as well as hang out and chat with thousands of other NFL fans. It definitely makes more of a weekend of it and builds up a lot of excitement for the game the next da
Depending on where you're travelling from, I'd say you would need accommodation for the Saturday night at the least. The Saturday events usually start about 11am/12pm so there could be time to travel to London on Saturday. Again, this is just going by past years' events as nothing has been announced for this year.

Plus with the game being a 2.30pm kickoff, you could travel back that evening after the game as there is usually no 'official' event planned afterwards.

I'm assuming you and your friends are new to the NFL? Try to get as involved as possible in the weekend, it's a lot of fun and you should have a great time.
Really good interview on Facebook yesterday with Mr Kirkwood. Went through a host of things which is worth reading for those of us who would have liked to see the games outside London spoiler alert though its not going to happen unless its a pre season game. However back to the point I believe he said the Jags game does have Regent street this year and at the moment that is all that is planned in over the 3 games.
Sponsored Links
Old 13.07.2016, 12:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainbg View Post
Really good interview on Facebook yesterday with Mr Kirkwood. Went through a host of things which is worth reading for those of us who would have liked to see the games outside London spoiler alert though its not going to happen unless its a pre season game. However back to the point I believe he said the Jags game does have Regent street this year and at the moment that is all that is planned in over the 3 games.
Got the impression that big fan events will become fewer as we get more games (four next year) and seeing NFL in London will become "normal", for us UK NFL.
Old 15.07.2016, 05:00 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Got the impression that big fan events will become fewer as we get more games (four next year) and seeing NFL in London will become "normal", for us UK NFL.
It depends if they want normality, or to advertise the NFL. Arguably Regent's Street and Trafalgar Square do more to extend the reach of the sport than the games themselves simply as you get visibility and the chance to get engage with hundreds of thousands of people even if they just pass by and see the brand.
Old 19.07.2016, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Default Fan Zone Festival @ Twickenham

Hello all,

Thought I'd let you know of our first festival at Twickers.

WELCOME ALL NFL FANS including RAMS & GIANTS FANS TO THE FIRST EVER NFL MATCH TO BE PLAYED AT THE HOME OF RUGBY, TWICKENHAM.

This festival runs from Friday 21st October through to the early hours of Monday24th. This venue has ample of room and huge outdoor space with Beer gardens held for the Rugby World Cup.

HOSTS: Laura Woods from Sky Sports TV - BBC'S Mike Carlson - Keith Smith & Adam Goldstein.

Friday 21st - LIVE ON SKY SPORTS TV with Laura Woods - NFL VS RUGBY - England International Rugby players & NFL players Q&A - Lots of activities - Beer Pong Competition - LIVE MUSIC

Saturday 22nd - ASTRO TURF PITCH WITH FIELD GOAL COMPETITION - LIVE COLLEGE GAME DAY PLUS ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROVIDED BY ESPN - LIVE MUSIC

Sunday 23rd - BRUNCH & AFTERPARTY - BBC'S MIKE CARLSON LIVE - SPECIAL GUESTS - LIVE GAMES AND LOTS OF FAN INTERACTION - LIVE NFL EVENTS

Wristbands comes with a FREE MEAL on all THREE DAYS and entrance for the whole weekend.

Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/la-ra...ts-21671363632

Don't miss out on this one off weekender. Feel free to view the previous events on www.latinoheatent.co.uk

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks guys.
Old 19.07.2016, 05:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLFellaUK View Post
Hello all,

Thought I'd let you know of our first festival at Twickers.

WELCOME ALL NFL FANS including RAMS & GIANTS FANS TO THE FIRST EVER NFL MATCH TO BE PLAYED AT THE HOME OF RUGBY, TWICKENHAM.

This festival runs from Friday 21st October through to the early hours of Monday24th. This venue has ample of room and huge outdoor space with Beer gardens held for the Rugby World Cup.

HOSTS: Laura Woods from Sky Sports TV - BBC'S Mike Carlson - Keith Smith & Adam Goldstein.

Friday 21st - LIVE ON SKY SPORTS TV with Laura Woods - NFL VS RUGBY - England International Rugby players & NFL players Q&A - Lots of activities - Beer Pong Competition - LIVE MUSIC

Saturday 22nd - ASTRO TURF PITCH WITH FIELD GOAL COMPETITION - LIVE COLLEGE GAME DAY PLUS ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROVIDED BY ESPN - LIVE MUSIC

Sunday 23rd - BRUNCH & AFTERPARTY - BBC'S MIKE CARLSON LIVE - SPECIAL GUESTS - LIVE GAMES AND LOTS OF FAN INTERACTION - LIVE NFL EVENTS

Wristbands comes with a FREE MEAL on all THREE DAYS and entrance for the whole weekend.

Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/la-ra...ts-21671363632

Don't miss out on this one off weekender. Feel free to view the previous events on www.latinoheatent.co.uk

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks guys.
Looks very expensive in my view. Either that, or you arent selling it very well for what amounts to a bit of food. All the games you mention will be watchable in plenty of bars and the NFL themselves will no doubt have plenty of free events. I'm genuinely curious, what part justifies over £40?
Old 06.08.2016, 02:01 PM
Pro

Send a message via AIM to tahmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainbg View Post
The Cowboys Jags thing was ideal if you were staying in the area, but to be fair there was nothing much different than the tailgate on the Sunday. Think that was done that year as the Cowboys let us in for their walk through in the morning. I have only done the fan rally once and had a great time. If its a first time at an NFL London game you need to embrace it all. We spend every Sunday in front of the TV but for these 3 weekends we are part of NFL Sunday and I for 1 love it.
I believe the only reason why they had the Fan Rally at Wembley in 2014 before the Jags vs Cowboys game was due to an event for Armistice Day in central London that day. Needless to say it was sprinkling the whole time, and it was a bit of a waste of time as it was no different than the pregame "tailgate" on Sunday.
Old 06.08.2016, 06:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Looks very expensive in my view. Either that, or you arent selling it very well for what amounts to a bit of food. All the games you mention will be watchable in plenty of bars and the NFL themselves will no doubt have plenty of free events. I'm genuinely curious, what part justifies over £40?
Well it's been a while with no response. Guessing they have no answer lol
Old 07.08.2016, 04:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Well it's been a while with no response. Guessing they have no answer lol
Surprising, it was a genuine question, you would have thought they would have wanted to clarify it.
Old 11.08.2016, 11:12 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanda View Post
i think trafalgar square will be giants and rams, then regents street will be redskins and bengals.

i cant see the point of giving a rally for indy and jax, thus will probably be a fan forum only, or just this festival thats happening at twickenham.

think of all the redskin legends on display, theismann, riggins, monk, brown etc.
Or not....

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to...qXzvkRwxoRl.97
Old 11.08.2016, 11:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanda View Post
i think trafalgar square will be giants and rams, then regents street will be redskins and bengals.

i cant see the point of giving a rally for indy and jax, thus will probably be a fan forum only, or just this festival thats happening at twickenham.
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?p=2282296

Tags
international series , london