Barkley - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Sponsored Links

Old 05.12.2016, 09:56 AM
All Pro

Default Barkley

Now I'm not getting carried away here, but as we don't have many good things to talk about this season...

I always thought Barkley simply didn't have the zip to be an nfl QB; last night wasn't a game to judge that obviously, last week though lack of velocity was easy to spot.

However, what he has shown in two games is superior poise and a pretty accurate arm. Last week he put a few balls in really smart places. He reminds me of Chad Pennington.

I'm not suggesting at this point he is an nfl starter but we could have just found a quality backup with potential; we've lacked that for ever.

We still need to draft a rookie QB.

There is at least a positive situation to watch for the rest of the season.

Bear Down lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05.12.2016, 11:30 AM
Starter

I agree completely, he took a few quarters to get up to speed but if he continues to play like this for the remainder of the season will have earned the right to compete for our starting QB next season.

Can you imagine how Cutler's demeanour would have been after all the drops our WR's have had these past two games but Barkley was so composed and just moved on to the next call. A lot more like what you see from the upper echelon QB's.

He's never really been given a solid look in the NFL so maybe Barkley is a serviceable QB. To me he is doing everything Hoyer did except Barkley seems to be able to make the red zone plays where Hoyer came up blank.

I hope he continues like this through the rest of the season as I am not convinced on spending a 1st round pick on these QB's this year, if we have Barkley, Connor Shaw and a QB drafted in the 2nd - 4th rounds I'd be a ok with that.

Like you said, it's a small sample and a little to early to make any franchise changing calls, we can't get carried away but just to have consistency, solid play every game, heck, every quarter, would be a step forward as a Bears fan.
Old 08.12.2016, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Yep. We have much better tests coming up. By the end of the season he will have a good body of look to evaluate.